Bioware what are you going to do about the POPULATION IMBALANCE

Boomer-

They won't do anything, because they're amateurs as far as MMOs are concerned. They caused the whole situation, they had no tools in case it happens, no ideas how to counter that problem. Now the problem has grown like a cancer and is feasting on the very flesh of the game and they do nothing, because, clearly, they have absolutely no clue, what to do.

Simple.

Regards,

Kalantris

Dam i hate it when people are right.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His not right though.

What was Bioware suppose to do? As a third Faction in this game would have made 0 sense.

Sure it does. Mercenaries, we just want to get paid and don't care who we kill. Or even hippies, peeps who dont want to get involved with the war.

Actually, hilariously I might add, there are distinct advantages to being imperial in the actual abilities and animations of the game. BWs response to fixing faction balance was enough for me to roll Republic.

One word:

Huttball.

But other than this, Assasins/Sorcs have the clear advantage with Lightning Strike compared to Project just off the top of my head. This kind of bush-league design is pretty stupid. Add to that even the COSMETIC difference of a stream of lightning bolts flying at someone versus little pebbles (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL) and you have even worse faction imbalance.

This might be true if this game was highly PvP based, because the population Imbalance does not affect PvE as greatly. So unless there are conclusive numbers that PvP imbalance is going to kill the game, that argument may not hold much weight.

So for those who Enjoy being Sith, and happen to like the story line, they may not have any incentive to switch. Or perhaps they may switch because they're curious about the other story lines.

And keep in mind, this game has always advertised as PvE first. You'd have to account for the PvE'r subs.

Who's talking about PVE? PVE imbalance means nothing since ppl who only PVE arent qeueing for warzones/ camping ilum. The would give ppl who PVP and incentive to switch which is all that is necessary.

Edited by Meluna

Sure it does. Mercenaries, we just want to get paid and don't care who we kill. Or even hippies, peeps who dont want to get involved with the war.

This i thought about and agree with. Should have been Sith vs Jedi with Bounty hunters and Smugglers etc as a third mercenary faction.

That makes no sense once again from a story perspective.

Do you think the Mob or the Bloods would win in an all out battle against the US Marines?

Hutts while controlling massive wealth probably do not have enough man-power and weapons to wage a full on war against the Republic and Empire.

Do you think the Mob or the Bloods would win in an all out battle against the US Marines?

Hutts while controlling massive wealth probably do not have enough man-power and weapons to wage a full on war against the Republic and Empire.

I seem to remember a story about teenagers blowing up the deathstar...twice. So yes, small organized groups can win big fights.

Edited by Meluna
content

I seem to remember a story about of teenagers blowing up the deathstar...twice. So yes, small organized groups can win big fights.

The Rebels had the backing of entire planets, In SWTOR all of the rebel faction are in the pockets of the Empire (Ord Mentel) or Republic (Balmora), Hutts are in it for a profit so why would they waste money jumping in the war when they are currently making a killing?

Edited by Meluna

This is an EA Bioware game, they will probably just do what EA Mythic did when it comes to faction imbalance. Give some incentives to the losing side. However, that sometimes encourages people to migrate to where one side is favored, rather than switch or move to a disfavorable side. Meaning, more people might simply go Empire to be on the overpopulated side.

You can't fix the imbalance, and I leveled a 50 Republic. I feel like I wasted over a month playing now, as I sit on my dead republic server. That hits heavy load at night, as its jammed full of Empire players.

COME TO JEDI COVENANT!

I kid you not when I say its balanced.

They aren't going to do anything. They haven't even commented on this subject AT ALL at least from what I have seen and I usually stay ontop of any news and announcements of this game since early access.

Fact is how CAN they change it? They made Republic boring and uninteresting, most their armor is horrible and the class quests are just bland. They can't go back and fix all that unless they release an expansion with all new content for class stories and better gear.

I tried playing a republic trooper and i made it to level 11 before I got bored to tears from the story, the character is just so...ROBOT like. Compare this to the BH character or sith warrior and its like night and day, at least to me anyway.

Seriously, Ilum is a joke, in wz's imperials completely outgear us and really its embarassing. I hit 50 2 weeks ago and I'm bored, my gear is crap compared to imps and we are outnumbered. I play on infinity gate. What is your response to this imbalance? Does every single republic player have to quit or reroll imp for you to do something?

SHUTYERTRAP, all this Q.Q about this that and a third is chapping mah *****. I'll help the imbalance by having the dev's transfer over my lvl 50 toon to the reps, so I can help you guys steamroll the imps. Happy now?

Derpy guy tries to use real world analogies to argue about star wars. Moar at 11.

they have to implement their server transfer system first which will likely be march ish. then the whole system of faction changing can be adressed. honestly even though most all servers are mostly one sided numerical wise i meet plenty of competent enemy faction players. yes i want balanced servers but ppl are still qq'ing that a PC game isnt perfect on launch. its alot of systems that take a while to implement. they ARE going to address it, patience is a skill you must learn. This recent patch people qq'd about pvp gear progression. imo they really need battlegroups or w.e then have 2 lvl 50 brakets or sumthing like valor 1-59 then 60+ simply because people just hitting 50 are mega ***** by geared toons.

Who's talking about PVE? PVE imbalance means nothing since ppl who only PVE arent qeueing for warzones/ camping ilum. The would give ppl who PVP and incentive to switch which is all that is necessary. Go back to school, son. D-E-N-S-E

Speaking of school, you need some comprehension lessons.

You specifically said to "Save the game", people need to roll Repub.

So again, I say, that is only the case if this was a PvP specific game whereas Imbalance issues matter so much that it can destroy the game. But because this is NOT a PvP specific game, rolling repub or not, is not likely to cause the game to die, nor save it.

Get it yet, kid?

Seriously, Ilum is a joke, in wz's imperials completely outgear us and really its embarassing. I hit 50 2 weeks ago and I'm bored, my gear is crap compared to imps and we are outnumbered. I play on infinity gate. What is your response to this imbalance? Does every single republic player have to quit or reroll imp for you to do something?

Reroll to Imperial like me and my friends did, were having a blast playing through the game again.

They aren't going to do anything. They haven't even commented on this subject AT ALL at least from what I have seen and I usually stay ontop of any news and announcements of this game since early access.

Fact is how CAN they change it? They made Republic boring and uninteresting, most their armor is horrible and the class quests are just bland. They can't go back and fix all that unless they release an expansion with all new content for class stories and better gear.

I tried playing a republic trooper and i made it to level 11 before I got bored to tears from the story, the character is just so...ROBOT like. Compare this to the BH character or sith warrior and its like night and day, at least to me anyway.

They will if they want two factions in this game, BW is well past the point of minor tweaks or storyline changes though it would have to be something that actually gave them a chance in 20 v 80 pvp

Speaking of school, you need some comprehension lessons.

You specifically said to "Save the game", people need to roll Repub.

So again, I say, that is only the case if this was a PvP specific game whereas Imbalance issues matter so much that it can destroy the game. But because this is NOT a PvP specific game, rolling repub or not, is not likely to cause the game to die, nor save it.

Get it yet, kid?

much of the pve game counts on you being able to group with others... faction imbalance affects this too

i.e. If there are too few on the Republic side, a Republic player can't do much in the way of PVE either (creating a guild is harder, getting enough for an operation is harder, pugging is harder etc.)

So a Republic player could solve this by rerolling Imperial side or they can quit.

the % of Republic player who choose the option "quit" + the PVP imbalance causing PVPers to quit, will start to impact the total number of players playing the game

reducing the total number of players means less money for BW and so they'll put fewer resources into expanding/improving the game....

now it has affected everyone

Edited by Internicio

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.