No Knockback Ability

LifeOfMessiah

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Corrected for you : Why Jedi-Knight is only one class that is there for playing like a ball when all other classes are allowed to play with this ball?

In this stupid designed game distance ganing skill doesnt even count like CC skills.

So basically Knight sucks (even more then Sith-Warrior).

What i can say - everyone who choosed melee-warrior toon will leave this game withing half-year if not already done it.

1. Because the Sentinel is a melee class and there is little point in giving melees a knockback. They tend to want to stay in MELEE range afterall.

2. Not every class has or needs a knockback. There's already way too many in this game. No need for more.

1. Because the Sentinel is a melee class and there is little point in giving melees a knockback. They tend to want to stay in MELEE range afterall.

2. Not every class has or needs a knockback. There's already way too many in this game. No need for more.

Thank you for proving my point. Jedi Guardian and Sith Warrior are a melee class and they HAVE knockback.

Either give Sentinel a knockback, or lower the amount of classes that have a knockback. I can't stand constantly playing PvP, and being knocked around like some ping pong ball.

Edited by LifeOfMessiah

fatal flaw when you got 4-6 peeps banging on you, MEDIUM armor isn't heavy, we're dps based. A knockback would be greatly recommended for this class, to keep mobs off some. For the record what force sensitive doesn't know force push/shove?

My Main is a 50 Sent but I'll admit, its fun playing my 36 guardian with push in pvp some times and launching people over the bridge in voidstar or into fire/acid in hutt ball. Thats about all its good for besides putting the ball carrier down in the pit so they have to run all the way back up again. But while it does give a distinct advantage,

However Sentinels do have their own tricks in hutt ball, namely the speed in the watchmen tree makes transcendence a pretty nice speed boost if you save your valorous call for it. I actually don't spec the min range for leap in watchmen tree cuz I only use leap for a gap closer anyway which is when you usally end up actually needing it so I put those points into the speed boost. I can even make it to right turret to interrupt imps in Civil War with it. Or poping it right when the doors open in voidstar and getting the cap on the bridge or gate before the enemy can run there.

You get force camo. L2p and stop bytching.

4 seconds don't get u very far lol. would gladly give camo up for the shove like a shadows got, 4 sec, plus AoE attacks equal not to good of a chance. Senti have to rely on biochem for heals in the heat of a fight, unlike merc's ability to heal/take the dmg they receive. No balance for bioware in pvp. Although they did make a kick azz theme based game.

How to play Huttball as a Sentinel:

1. Leap to target.

2. Be knocked off.

IS LEAP UP?

3A. No: Chase target until leap is back up.

3B. Yes: Leap to target.

4. Goto #2.

How does Force camo help when everyone us is just CC'ing me even without their CC abilities?

How does anything help?

The reason Sentinels are asking for knockbacks is because they feel RIDICULOUSLY effective in certain circumstances, ergo not having them feels gimped.

For those who are saying "L2P", let me offer you some insight:

1. My rotation does not help if I've been knocked off.

2. My gear does not help if I've been knocked off.

3. My DPS does not help if I've been knocked off.

4. My focus management does not help if I've been knocked off.

5. Force Camo does not help if I've been knocked off.

6. My interrupts do not help if I've been knocked off.

Your cries of "learn to play" in answer to a complaint about knockbacks are unconstructive at best, insulting at worst. Just because other classes can immediately disable me -- without burning their ACTUAL CC -- doesn't mean I can't play my class.

All the skill in the world doesn't let me interact with targets once they have knocked me off. Period.

Being given a knockback doesn't help if you have been knocked off?

Instead, how about giving a knockback resist based skill/talent, after all, we can't knockback but are Melee based.

At face value, it doesn't help. If their knockback is on CD and mine isn't, or I time it better, it DOES help. Knocking them off means they can't knock me off, savvy?

It's competition instead of victimhood. Which would you prefer?

But your second option is pretty good. Melee in every MMO have been underbalanced in PvP because Devs seem to think that = damage is good, ignoring the fact that a 30-yard range means SIGNIFICANT uptime and a 4-yard range is significant downtime.

If I only get to whack my target once every several seconds of chase, that hit had better count. Meanwhile, sorcerers/sages/troopers/gunslingers(etc) are having their way with me. They don't have to make their hits count, they get a full rotation.

Snares and stuns are breakable. Being knocked off isn't "breakable". The reason Sentinels are asking for them is that the knockoff game is one we simply can't play.

I get your point. However, I'd like to see more variety, rather than giving everyone the same skills. I dunno, maybe some anti knockback stance or skill, or a high percentage chance to clear the cooldown on force leap when knocked back?

At least then you don't all have to do the same thing (race to knock off), but leap back if they try to knock you off ;)

Its not really that we "need" a knockback as a Sentinel. Its more along the lines of from an RP standpoint there is 0 reason we shouldnt have it. In all honesty ALL jedi should get some form of force push...other than weilding a lightsaber, force push is like the most known ability jedi's have.

1. Leap to target.

2. Be knocked off.

IS LEAP UP?

4. Goto #2.

1. Walk to target; use force camo if you are worried about getting shot along the way

2. Attack soon to be dead victim.

3. They attempt to knock you off, but you use force leap in mid air and get right back in their face.

4. They stun you; you use resolute.

5. They are now screwed; completely, totally screwed.

6. Kill them.

1. Walk to target; use force camo if you are worried about getting shot along the way

2. Attack soon to be dead victim.

3. They attempt to knock you off, but you use force leap in mid air and get right back in their face.

4. They stun you; you use resolute.

5. They are now screwed; completely, totally screwed.

6. Kill them.

^ All of this

Also to those QQing....L2P

1. Leap to target.

2. Be knocked off.

IS LEAP UP?

4. Goto #2.

I don't care one way or another if the Sentinels get a knock back, but out of curiousity, how would a knock back help you in such a situation anyway?

Leap to target, knock them... away?

I don't care one way or another if the Sentinels get a knock back, but out of curiousity, how would a knock back help you in such a situation anyway?

Leap to target, knock them... away?

I addressed...in the rest of my post and the next post.

I guess it's easy to misrepresent someone by cutting off half of their argument (like the conclusion) or taking things out of context.

I was JUST coming here to post about this - Sentinel's are worthless in almost every aspect of PvP because of this..

*Get close to turret for Cap - ::Force Push:: - I fly 30 yards off it and start over.

*Voidstar matches on that bridge, some Sith Sorc or Warrior comes and force pushes me or does that ground pound (Sorry I don't know the names of the spells) and 4 of us fly off the bridge to certain death

*Huttball - Don't even get me started, U run up to help the ball carrier or god forbid you ARE the ball carrier and - ::Force Push:: - and you are hosed

Force leap is cool but it doesn't help a lot in PvP, PvE isn't a big deal but it would help.

It's almost stupid that a jedi, force wielding character does not have the ability to force "Push", "Pull", or "Slam" etc...its stupid when you think about the abilities a Jedi should have.

It's been covered but those who say Stop crying - l2p - lemme guess you're a sith sorc with all the best abilities and we should all re-roll and just give in instead of fix the problem :confused:

Sent is the first character I made but have realized come end game they are worthless - we get rickrolled in pvp because of the above mentioned and no one wants us for FP's, Healers and Tanks can all substitute for dps when they need to. Okay rant off but I know my fellow Sent's agree, why don't you "L2p'ers" roll one and play to 30 and see how you feel then

Edited by BarkForSoul

Ok. Corrected for you : Why Jedi-Knight is only one class that is there for playing like a ball when all other classes are allowed to play with this ball?

In this stupid designed game distance ganing skill doesnt even count like CC skills.

So basically Knight sucks (even more then Sith-Warrior).

What i can say - everyone who choosed melee-warrior toon will leave this game withing half-year if not already done it.

Operatives also do not have a knockback. They don't even have force charge like you do.

*cough* Assassins *cough* Juggernauts

A Knockback is required for False Emp..so ya they NEED it for PvE (shock grenades is a patch on an open wound) and have you ever played Huttball, Voidstar (on the bridge) I swear BH and SI stand there waiting for a gimp sent to try and run across and get KB over the edge..nothing you can do about it...