Republic PvP

Aribethx

I think one of the main things stopping me from trying out Republic is that I'm not really interested in listening to them whine about faction imbalance 24/7.

Actually, most Republic don't complain about Faction imbalance at all ingame, we leave all the arguing and epeen stroking to you guys.

Reps tend to be more chatty, helpful and generally getting on with stuff, sure we have a deep seated resentment right now of certain things about imps (such as Palpatines clones running around waaay before they are due to be and Tracer derp smack talking mercs) and might discuss it here.

But the complaints are usually kept to the forums, ingame it's all about playing and not about whining.

Actually, most Republic don't complain about Faction imbalance at all ingame, we leave all the arguing and epeen stroking to you guys.

Reps tend to be more chatty, helpful and generally getting on with stuff

My few times on my Repub char has been a verrrry different experience. While my few times don't make it a rule, are you sure that you guys don't have exactly as many jerks as we do?

I think one of the main things stopping me from trying out Republic is that I'm not really interested in listening to them whine about faction imbalance 24/7.

Except that you only hear that whine on the forums and not ingame.

Its more that the Republic looks run down and decaying, everything is falling apart and you show up to patch it up a little. The buildings and ships don't look space age. Corruption is everywhere and over all its depressing as you are playing a faction that feels like it is mid death rattle.

Empire you are made to feel powerful, made to feel like you are accomplishing something, its progressive, efficient (except for infighting and assassinations), you feel like you are part of a warmachine. The Imperial Fleet is clean and feels space age.

My few times on my Repub char has been a verrrry different experience. While my few times don't make it a rule, are you sure that you guys don't have exactly as many jerks as we do?

Well if you came onto the chat and announced your main is an Imperial....instant laserbeam of hatred.

If one thing Bioware has created with all there mistakes it's factional hatred, Republic players do not like Imperial players (on my server at least) at all.

You yourself might not have participated in the multiude of WZ exploits, Stim stacking to the high heavens and the whole Ilum zerg debacle, but it's certainly left a nasty taste for the word "Empire" in the mouths of any Republic player.

As for Jerks, nah we only have a couple as such most of them don't last long and end up rerolling Sorceror even announcing they are doing so =p

With hundreds of thousands of Republic players, the "Every Large Group Has Its Share of @(#$*$&@s" is bound to be in full effect. Most of the Republic players I meet in PvP are friendly and many of them make savvy teammates. There are a few jerks too. But I'd guess that the same things are true on the Imperial side.

Its more that the Republic looks run down and decaying, everything is falling apart and you show up to patch it up a little. The buildings and ships don't look space age. Corruption is everywhere and over all its depressing as you are playing a faction that feels like it is mid death rattle.

Empire you are made to feel powerful, made to feel like you are accomplishing something, its progressive, efficient (except for infighting and assassinations), you feel like you are part of a warmachine. The Imperial Fleet is clean and feels space age.

I haven't tried the Imperial side yet, but you just made it sound like a lot of fun!

Interesting.

To the guy who posted "go enjoy your Huttball," I get that you hate Imperials but your post doesn't really do anything constructive now does it?

What can BioWare do? Force people to play Republic? Stop new character creation on Imperial heavy servers?

Interesting.

To the guy who posted "go enjoy your Huttball," I get that you hate Imperials but your post doesn't really do anything constructive now does it?

What can BioWare do? Force people to play Republic? Stop new character creation on Imperial heavy servers?

We pretty much know BioWare's take on this - Reroll Empire. They aren't going to implement anything. Its comming on 2 months and this has been a constant problem without acknowledgement from them of any kind. All we got is them saying - "If one faction has more people it will be harder for them to hold objectives on ilum!"

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Yeah I definitely like the aesthetic of the empire a lot more. From what I've seen the trooper storyline looks pretty good (only done the first area so far) so I might pick that back up at some point.

Yeah I definitely like the aesthetic of the empire a lot more. From what I've seen the trooper storyline looks pretty good (only done the first area so far) so I might pick that back up at some point.

Good choice! I'm working on the trooper now and enjoying the storyline very much.

I went from a Sorcerer Healer to a Scoundrel Healer, and while I don't feel quite as powerful as my Scoundrel Healer, I'm loving my instant heals/HoT's while I run around cackling like a madman in PvP. Plus, I enjoy the Scoundrel voice that much more than my Sorcerer.

I have not heard people complaining about this, except when it was issue with Illum when imps harvested battle masters within a day. People felt it was unfair. Which it was, actually.

I personally came republic knowing it will be underdog for a long time, because I always play games at hard mode, and playing for bigger side is just boring. I know many end game reps share this attitude toward game.

As a republic player on one of biggest eu pvp servers, I say that I'm proud and very much glad that I picked this side. I was going to be imp too at start because, ye right, light side is too boring. Well, years of experience didn't fail me here, I knew most ppl (most idiots, ex-horde and children) will go for empire and it will be overly populated, while best players will play Reps. And I was right. Yeah alright we might have a problem with Illum, you outnumber us by miles. But at least we own you in warzones, every evening I have at the very worst 50% win chance, highest being up to 80% (just this sunday and monday as a latest examples). Community seems good and people are quite decent players. Reps are true elite of this game, while imps are nothing more than a roaches. Many in dark, but turn the light on (aka attack them with even close to equal numbers) and they scatter... Please imps, stay at your side, being ugly and kill your own people after first cough is a cool thing to do, right? Don't reroll. Please, we don't need you.

Well, years of experience didn't fail me here, I knew most ppl (most idiots, ex-horde and children) will go for empire and it will be overly populated, while best players will play Reps.

The republic is the new "horde" and Imps are the "alliance". People rolled alliance in WoW cause the races appealed to them more kinda like how the Imp class appearance/animations appealed to them more then the republic. When wow first came out there were a lot of alliance heavy servers compared to horde heavy servers cause horde wasn't appealing to the people. I know a lot of alliance pvpers that rolled Imps cause they were "cool".

The republic is the new "horde" and Imps are the "alliance". People rolled alliance in WoW cause the races appealed to them more kinda like how the Imp class appearance/animations appealed to them more then the republic. When wow first came out there were a lot of alliance heavy servers compared to horde heavy servers cause horde wasn't appealing to the people. I know a lot of alliance pvpers that rolled Imps cause they were "cool".

You shouldn't be penalized because you like the aesthetics of one group over another.