Datacrons I Give UP

Elviran

Now your speculating about datacrons being made mandatory in some vague future, and take THAT as base for your complaints? Oh, please.

Of course I am greedy, money helps in this game. Non withstanding that asking if someone is willing to give away his credits/equipment is a good test if that person is really going through with "deleting all characters and changing servers". I don't believe you will, but will entertain me a bit longer with postings like this. Keep going.

(And I am playing on a German server, so the chance I could actually get something from you is pretty slim.)

Edited by Cran

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now your speculating about datacrons being made mandatory in some vague future, and take THAT as base for your complaints? Oh, please.

Of course I am greedy, money helps in this game. Non withstanding that asking if someone is willing to give away his credits/equipment is a good test if that person is really going through with "deleting all characters and changing servers". I don't believe you will, but will entertain me a bit longer with postings like this. Keep going.

(And I am playing on a German server, so the chance I could actually get something from you is pretty slim.)

That's fine Cran have fun, but yes I do believe BW will go for the easy option of saying you want the plus 20 strength datacron, ensure you have all the other plus strength datacrons, because it is easier than making another mechanic t get to something.

And what I have found is that the developers in this game are quite lazy with a lot of things, Like bug fixing for example.

I'd probably go after them more if they were just hard to get to because they were challenging. But several of the datacron's are in places that require a party member, or an hour worth of waiting in one spot. Thats not challenging, that's just annoying. Furthermore are the ones where if you just miss the jump by a few seconds moments, due to lag, and miss, you have to wait an hour again. That can make getting some datacron's take several hours - days.

See Bioware, this is the difference between hard, and annoying. Hard things are challenging, they require skill, timing and intelligence. They don't require hours worth of time wasted, or require finding additional players which probably won't help because they have no idea what your talking about, or the importance of datacrons.

Totally agree with you.

It's not that some of the datacrons are hard just very very annoying or actually impossible unless you have 2-4 other characters to get them at the same time.

The ones that waste your time are the worst and dont allow you enough time to even try them.. the sand crawler ones are the worst for this I stil havent got them...

Waiting 40 minutes or whatever for the balloon to reset is stupid , it should be 10 or 20 minutes max.. but the worst part is that I havent actually been able to make the jump from the sand crawler to the ballon when it resets.

There is no warning when it arrives just BANG and its there and if you miss the jump which i've done 6 or 7 times there isnt enough time to climb back on and try again.. you have to wait till the next reset which is just annoying .

.. the sand crawler ones are the worst for this I stil havent got them...

Waiting 40 minutes or whatever for the balloon to reset is stupid , it should be 10 or 20 minutes max.. but the worst part is that I havent actually been able to make the jump from the sand crawler to the ballon when it resets.

There is no warning when it arrives just BANG and its there and if you miss the jump which i've done 6 or 7 times there isnt enough time to climb back on and try again.. you have to wait till the next reset which is just annoying .

Has there been a recent change? I was able to see the darn balloon make its slow approach to me and had plenty of time to jump onto it.

Datacrons only give a small attribute increase and it isn't necessary to get them in order to be able to play the game, obviously, but they do add up over time.

I think the grand total is +40 to all attributes if you get them all. It's basically like a free gear slot that buffs everything.

Edited by Heezdedjim

I think the grand total is +40 to all attributes if you get them all. It's basically like a free gear slot that buffs everything.

Sad as it sounds i actually added them up..

Depending on your side eg empire or rep

and ignoring shards etc

with all the know crons at the time and EXCLUDING the +10 for all stats one

I worked out you can get

endurance +43

willpower +44

Aim +34

strength +38

pressence +46

cunning +38

if you pretty much collect them all ... and with the plus 10 all stats it actually could be a good boost .. so hardly pointless as others have said

Has there been a recent change? I was able to see the darn balloon make its slow approach to me and had plenty of time to jump onto it.

either your

a) very lucky when you did it

b) very skilled and i'm just crap

or

c) it has changed since I last tried.

All I know is I tried it 6 - 7 times and i've never seen it approach at all .. it just appears magically and you have a fraction of a second to try the jump...

Each time I have I just fail to jump far enough and bounce off the side and by the time I run back around and up the crawler its just too far away to try again...

I was expecting some jawa to be selling tickets and a ramp to get on lol .... .after al what the hell is a random floating ballon doing on tatooine... surely a sandperson would have shot it down by now

It IS the only thing in this game that is hard.

Getting to 50 is fast an easy, far too easy, and they need something to be a time sink....

I wouldn't say they are particularly hard, but tricky or bugged ... I'm all for time sinks but I'd recommend you take a break every few of these as one or two will drive you mad :)

I don't see how it's possible that people complain about really REALLY basic platforming. That only adds to the game and makes it less crappy usual MMO. This game could use MORE platforming. A LOT more. Anything to make it distinctive. The Datacrons are one of the best parts of the game.

I'll be damned if I can get that datacron on the bank on Tatooine. Getting on that canopy is impossible. I have a pretty normal body type.

I jump, I hop, I have speed on and off, I try on my speeder, I pray, I yell at my computer and ask for advice in-game.

All that happens is I get so much damage I have to repair my armor.

Then I'm grumpy all day and my wife hates me for it.

Sand

Edited by Sandtrooper

I find the jumping controls fairly easy to grasp.

I can even get most of the datacrons with sprint turned on these days, all about learning how to gauge a jump before you make it, its a skill you learn over time.

I don't see how it's possible that people complain about really REALLY basic platforming. That only adds to the game and makes it less crappy usual MMO. This game could use MORE platforming. A LOT more. Anything to make it distinctive. The Datacrons are one of the best parts of the game.

Because platformers are the worst gameing genre ever concieved? The easiest way to spot a bad game is if it has a jumping puzzle in it?

Go get them with your friends.

Thats what I did,

At the bad parts where people fell, we could pull, grapple eachother up by dueling.

Not to mention the rage sometimes on TS cause it was the same people who kept falling.

Fun times.

I'll be damned if I can get that datacron on the bank on Tatooine. Getting on that canopy is impossible. I have a pretty normal body type.

I jump, I hop, I have speed on and off, I try on my speeder, I pray, I yell at my computer and ask for advice in-game.

All that happens is I get so much damage I have to repair my armor.

Then I'm grumpy all day and my wife hates me for it.

Sand

I cant get that one either..... I can get past he part you said over the canopy but when you have to jump from the buildign roof to the thin pipes I keep either over jumping or not jumping enough and have to start all over again...

its so frustrating

Mos ila? Jump with speed-buff up the first ones (over the roofes and the construct and the "Wall" between the two buildings"). The jumps on the pipes without speed-booster.

Always remeber two thinks: you jump wider then you think if you reach an object and your character jumps later then you think. Never jump when you stand direct before a wall or the "end" of a way, 1 yard or atleast an half before you had to start to jump or your charakter will just drop instead of jumping.

It took me 3 hours the first time (yes, i am really bad in jump'n'runs), if nothing helps and you know a PowerTech, ask him to help you, he can pull you over (grapple) if he handle the jump or can attack-jump (jetpack) you if he fails. So you can be his "save or backup point" :D (you need to duell to do both).

either your

a) very lucky when you did it

b) very skilled and i'm just crap

or

c) it has changed since I last tried.

All I know is I tried it 6 - 7 times and i've never seen it approach at all .. it just appears magically and you have a fraction of a second to try the jump...

Each time I have I just fail to jump far enough and bounce off the side and by the time I run back around and up the crawler its just too far away to try again...

I was expecting some jawa to be selling tickets and a ramp to get on lol .... .after al what the hell is a random floating ballon doing on tatooine... surely a sandperson would have shot it down by now

When I did it, I saw the balloon coming slowly, very slowly.

Sad as it sounds i actually added them up..

Depending on your side eg empire or rep

and ignoring shards etc

with all the know crons at the time and EXCLUDING the +10 for all stats one

I worked out you can get

endurance +43

willpower +44

Aim +34

strength +38

pressence +46

cunning +38

if you pretty much collect them all ... and with the plus 10 all stats it actually could be a good boost .. so hardly pointless as others have said

This is incorrect. There is a total of +30 of each stat from datacrons (+40 with the +10 datacron). I checked just now.

Don't forget that not all datacrons are +4.