New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad players stair at the bars. Period end of story. Well maybe new players.

Listen, there are procs in this game, like your rail shot, how do you know it proced? You watched your bars didn't you, after the light show you looked to see if it's off cd don't you...or are you a new player?

is that your default calling someone a troll if they disagree with you? Guess I see the trend here

go away, make your own thread about how much you love the new UI and why you want it to remain like that so Bioware loses more customers

Am i right?

Please give us the option to revert back to previous versions for the cooldown effects. Or finally just give us UI mod support to make our own UI's, you know...save yourself the head ache of never making everyone happy

Going back to 4 color graphic are we now?

This must be a joke? Did you do this Monday night?

Change it back or give us the UI. We can't see **** for the blue color is 2 bright.

Have you even heard of test groups? Our guild is +300.

Everyone hates this!

So if i dont watch your health to heal you in a raid im a good player? I'll remember that...

No no no! You can see his health dropping by looking where the action is!

Next week I'll show you how to read the book you left at home by watching a tv monitor showing a football game.

What does clicking or keybinding have to do with looking at your cooldowns? I have every ability bound to a key. I still need to look at my bars to see if X or Y ability is available for use.

Do you just hammer your key for 5 seconds until it goes off, or just track every cooldown in your head like some idiot-savant?

Initially I hated the first change, but since I wasn't max level, pressing a button to early when I thought it was off cooldown but wasn't, was only a minor annoyance. But this is, I have no words to describe what I'm thinking other than, this bar flashing is why I quit Warhammer. And even though I love this game so far, and love BioWare, ideas like this coming from any of the employees, just shows that the people making this game, shouldn't be making the game.

Sure someone already mentioned it but the cool thing is that people who did test it said it was awful but Bioware still made it go live.

Maybe they bought some sell options in Bioware and are trying to go chapter 22 as soon as possible with this.

You need to hire a PR media person who can talk to us because you simple don't know what we want.

Kind of funny... I was all against this change this morning, even after I played around with it. Yet now, once I have used it for a couple of hours, it is pretty easy to figure out and I know when i need to look down at my bars again, as my peripheral vision has picked up on the flashing.

Listen, there are procs in this game, like your rail shot, how do you know it proced? You watched your bars didn't you, after the light show you looked to see if it's off cd don't you...or are you a new player?

Well, some people don't actually have to look. Depending on the size of your screen, your peripheral vision can pick up the visual cue without your looking directly at it. Mine is small enough vertically that I can pick up when things are off cooldown while playing.

Initially I hated the first change, but since I wasn't max level, pressing a button to early when I thought it was off cooldown but wasn't, was only a minor annoyance. But this is, I have no words to describe what I'm thinking other than, this bar flashing is why I quit Warhammer. And even though I love this game so far, and love BioWare, ideas like this coming from any of the employees, just shows that the people making this game, shouldn't be making the game.

Ideas are fine...as long as you catch the bad ideas before putting them live. Seriously, where is their internal testing and QA? So many badly broken things go live.

Well, some people don't actually have to look. Depending on the size of your screen, your peripheral vision can pick up the visual cue without your looking directly at it. Mine is small enough vertically that I can pick up when things are off cooldown while playing.

Even if you see it with your peripheral vision you still see it.... The point is the new GCD makes it that much harder to see if it is off cooldown whether I'm looking directly at my bar or using my peripheral vision.

Your still looking...and if your ui looks like whiteout spilled on your hot bars good luck with those visual cues with this current abortion of a "fix"

So you are using the action bars to gather the information?

Im sorry but i love this change.

I agree there was never a problem at launch but felt like BW wanted to make it shiner. Personally, i like the grey out better but this is way better then the first change.

If u want to change it again, just dont revert back to the first change. Go back to the UI CD animation at launch. That was perfect but i can deal with this one over that garbage we had prior to this.

Wow such ignorance. I myself have every ability hotkeyed. With esdf used for movement so that I can use the entire left side of the keyboard. I don't not click and yet I still I loath the new effect. The flashing is too much visually (causing eye strain), and it makes judging procs while the GCD animation is on extremely difficult.

Thats bad. Use your mouse.

Even if you see it with your peripheral vision you still see it.... The point is the new GCD makes it that much harder to see if it is off cooldown whether I'm looking directly at my bar or using my peripheral vision.

This.. I would add I spend more time looking at the stupid bars now to see if ANYTHING is off cd....

Oh Warcraft it was the little things you did....bah!

If you do revert the hotbars back, atleast give us the option to keep the current setup.I like it.It flashes and you can clearly see in your periphrials which ability to hit next..

This, but this needs to change FAST, anything that makes people physically ill and unable to play the game is just insane.