New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just the type A's come here to argue anything. To say the game is unplayable now because of this is ridiculous. Could I see it as slightly annoying, maybe, like a cowlick.

I agree. There's those type's who will do just as you mentioned.

But actually going through these posts (yes, it's difficult), there's some legit concerns. People say it makes them sick, distracting, etc.. are completely legit concerns.

You don't have any problems with it, and that's completely fine. I am actually impressed, because I rarely get sick playing games, and that GCD literally made me feel ill after 15 minutes.

But we'll probably hit over 2000 posts within 24 hours of others who do have problems.

Thats alot of people, and that amount is too many for bioware to ignore.

I think the perfect solution would be to add some customization to the UI, which I don't think anyone can object to.

I'm not the one saying the game is unplayable over something this minute.

No but you are basically calling all of us who cannot play now (because of headaches and nausea) idiots. If you do not have anything constructive to post, you should head on over to the pvp forum. You would fit in nicely over there.

W...T...F... is wrong with you BIO?!?! I play a shieldtech, my two primary abilities are proc'd except I dont know whether they have proc'd or not because I have to either A. wait until this retarded animation is over or B. Spam. is it possible for you to patch something without screwing things up more? This may not be a big deal for some people but I personally dont like to spam buttons nor do I like to increase my ability delay by another 1 or 2 seconds just to see whether or not an ability proc'd. 1 or 2 seconds is big in PvP. We have been begging you to fix the warzones so they are playable. There is a 77 page thread on just that issue. Instead you make a horrible attempt at fixing the hotbars... I give up, do whatever you want to do. Ill keep reading the patch notes and when this game is playable and you pay attention to the things that are important, Ill come back. Back to Wow until then, later.

Lie to us even... say SOMETHING BW.......

My god this sucks......

"There is no Starter Pack." ~ Tiggs, SOE

The new change isn't one that needed to be made. Put your guys to work fixing things that are actually broken rather than turning your toolbar into an emetic device.

Thanks in advance.

Also, this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2625340#post2625340

I play Pyro-Tech. I'm sorry bro. you are not supposed to be staring at your bars. People who do that stand in fire.

You DO have peripheral vision, right? That's what the rest of us humans can use to get out of the fire.

OR they can watch the action and use their peripheral vision to monitor the action bars and icons for procs and buffs/debuff. But when the action bar is going off like a Christmas Tree that becomes pretty much impossible.

Meleers in particular have to have their eyes glued to the action bar.

Give us a countdown instead of that horrible disco.

I can't tell the difference of what is on CD and what is rdy...

very poor job bioware and this proofs again, that you don't have the ability of foresight.

I'm getting more and more frustrated of your work.

^^^^^This^^^^^

Hotkeys 4tw

oh and l2p clickers.

Stupidest argument ever. If you look at my screen shot you can see EVERY single thing I use is hot keyed and this new GCD system pisses me off beyond belief. This is not a problem that just effects clickers. I have low level toons and cap level characters, and for my low level toons that I don't get on often it is absolutely impossible to tell what ability is which.

I play Pyro-Tech. I'm sorry bro. you are not supposed to be staring at your bars. People who do that stand in fire.

You kind of got this backwards. It's not about staring at bars, it's about being able to get the information you need by just throwing quick glances at them. Which badly implemented bar animations make it that much more difficult to do.

Edited by verydanger

It is VERY difficult to look at the screen for very long since the patch this morning. It is like having 20 or 30 bright white LED flashlights flashed in your eyes every few seconds. PLEASE give us the option to turn this new "feature" off!

I like the changes, but I think it could be improved if only the ability that has just come off its personal cooldown flashed.

Having everything on the GCD flash seems excessive.

Much better "greyed out" visual while an ability is unavailable - thanks for that.

One could argue that the graphics are largely irrelevant, and are just an approximation of what is really going on, i.e. the ability usage/hp/mp bars tell the real story.

The bars down below ARE the action.

Bad players stair at the bars. Period end of story. Well maybe new players.

No they dont. They can be carried and do half the dps of someone who watchs procs and doesnt wait the extra flashing second after the GCD.

Don't try to appear leet you troll

Clicking and pressing a keybind has nothing to do with monitoring cooldowns and procs, how can you watch a proc or ability cooldown without looking at the toolbars, oh wait you are 1337 forgot about that..

what a troll

For gods sake change the COOLDOWNS of abilities back to the way they first were when the game was released.

I'm sure a majority of players can agree that play on the server I play on as well as the rest of the community.

This third update that you gave us for the Cooldowns of abilities is by far the worst. The blue part is fine, what I don't understand is why you made the abilties grayed out when in combat when they are in cooldown or not in cooldown. Every single ability is always grayed out on my bar, whether the blue line you added differentiates them from being on cooldown or not, it is still very, very, very, very confusing because all the abilities are gray!

So to fix this dilemma, please, please, please, please, as your paying customer and I'm sure many more feel the same way, as your PAYING CUSTOMERS, listen to us and revert the Cooldown bar of abilities back to the point when you released the game.

It was so simple.

Ability on cooldown = it's grayed out.

Ability not on cooldown = It's showing normal color of ability ( no gray basically or any blue line or anything confusing distinguishing it)

You guys had it right the first time, the very first time. Please as your paying customer I can't stress this enough, change it back to how it was the first time.

If you agree to my post, please post and say you agree or give me some feedback at least.

No they dont. They can be carried and do half the dps of someone who watchs procs and doesnt wait the extra flashing second after the GCD.

True, I guess he could be a pyro tech who doesn't look for when rail shot procs. Which now takes another second to see considering someone threw up all over our hot bars.

Don't try to appear leet you troll

Clicking and pressing a keybind has nothing to do with monitoring cooldowns and procs, how can you watch a proc or ability cooldown without looking at the toolbars, oh wait you are 1337 forgot about that..

what a troll

is that your default calling someone a troll if they disagree with you? Guess I see the trend here