SOA random aggro P3? (bug)

Hey,

Since the patch of today, has anyone noticed that SOA on all modes has random aggro issues during the last phase? SOA seems to reset aggro from time to time and the tank can only use taunt during shield making him harder to position to pop the shield.

15-02-2012:

To clarify, according to the patch notes SOA has received a "fix" that makes it so that SOA does not despawn any more when the tank gets trapped. The result of this is that the boss now loses aggro every trap. This results in random aggro problems during the encounter in P3. This is the case for all the modes.

Many people in this thread agree it's not an ideal fix and makes the encounter too hard then it should be. It can be done if your tank is spot on with taunting, but even then he seems to lose aggro.

If a developer or CM could fly by and address this issue if this is either working as intended or being changed soon.

is easy wen P3 start u just use som body els to make the 1 hit on him and he get sent to mine crystal then tank take over at the same time and all u problems ar over -- we dont it to day wed out eny problems after thes -- no more randomly switches aggro in P3

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had this issue for two straight weeks and it's really frustrating. We finally just had everyone head to the pylon every time regardless of who had agro. We've seen the 3rd phase bug where he puts someone in mind trap and then keeps agro on that person so he just sits still while the pylon falls in the distance. Taunting doesn't seem to help at all.

We also had the bug today where he hit his enrage timer after 1 pylon. All of the bugs we saw last week we didn't experience today except for the random agro/agro problems in general on phase 3.

By the way, we never downed him today, we only tried 3 times and just said heck with it. I personally can't figure out why they can't fix this boss after so long. It's just been one bug after another.

I can verify this bug. It happens in the 8 player version as well as the 16 player version that SOA loses randomly aggro in P3.

While it is still manageable - if you are lucky - to kill him on normal where the required damage output on the boss is not that high, it is nearly impossible to get him killed on nightmare where you can miss at most one pilon to not face the enrage phase of SOA.

A while back on normal mode, we ran into this issue. We missed 3 Pylons in a row due to this, which resulted in an enraged Soa for -over- 2 minutes. We finished the fight with everyone still alive. Does his enrage mechanic also pertain to the Lightning Balls on harder difficulties, im assuming? Edited by Daltin

I can verify this bug. It happens in the 8 player version as well as the 16 player version that SOA loses randomly aggro in P3.

While it is still manageable - if you are lucky - to kill him on normal where the required damage output on the boss is not that high, it is nearly impossible to get him killed on nightmare where you can miss at most one pilon to not face the enrage phase of SOA.

we killed Soa in 16m nightmare tonight, with this bug, even missing the 3rd pylon, then the 5th. The enrage is laughable on this boss, any decently geared tank will be able to survive the enraged hits, and should be able to avoid the pylon so he doesnt die.

You can watch me do just the opposite on my stream right near the end, since we only did EV tonight, the link is in my sig!

yeah this was fun last Raid-Night...

Random Aggro was kinda "okish" - but the 4 Despawns at 6%, 4%, 1% and 0%(1570 HP) did it for us (still downed him in our last try of the night but meh...)

i believe about 1/3 cancled their subs that night... :/

Hey,

Since the patch of today, has anyone noticed that SOA on all modes has random aggro issues during the last phase? SOA seems to reset aggro from time to time and the tank can only use taunt during shield making him harder to position to pop the shield.

15-02-2012:

To clarify, according to the patch notes SOA has received a "fix" that makes it so that SOA does not despawn any more when the tank gets trapped. The result of this is that the boss now loses aggro every trap. This results in random aggro problems during the encounter in P3. This is the case for all the modes.

Many people in this thread agree it's not an ideal fix and makes the encounter too hard then it should be. It can be done if your tank is spot on with taunting, but even then he seems to lose aggro.

If a developer or CM could fly by and address this issue if this is either working as intended or being changed soon.

Soa is the boss with more bugs now.

My Guild just did Normal mode EV last night.. We are now getting pretty well geared.. We face rolled every boss...

Then we get to SOA.

We wiped 4 times....

Biggest issues:

End of P2 Someone (if your lucky not the tank or healer) is still in whirlwind when the floor breaks and falls to their death

All phases: random Aggro Drops.

P3 (NEW) Pylon CLEARLY hits SOA and does NOT break his sheild.... But of course our healer which was furthar away then that gets killed...

WT F Bioware? Stop working on new content.. Fix your S H I T

My Guild just did Normal mode EV last night.. We are now getting pretty well geared.. We face rolled every boss...

Then we get to SOA.

We wiped 4 times....

Biggest issues:

End of P2 Someone (if your lucky not the tank or healer) is still in whirlwind when the floor breaks and falls to their death

All phases: random Aggro Drops.

P3 (NEW) Pylon CLEARLY hits SOA and does NOT break his sheild.... But of course our healer which was furthar away then that gets killed...

WT F Bioware? Stop working on new content.. Fix your S H I T

I've started regarding the P2 issue as a dps check now. whilst as you rightly say its clearly a bug, if you dps harder you'll not get the second whirlwind.

Still 100% with you we need some fixes please as well as a ....

Hi we have yellow text and we are looking into this...

P3 (NEW) Pylon CLEARLY hits SOA and does NOT break his sheild....

we also had a weird reverse bug last night.

pylon hits him, he's damageable, but the shield is still graphically on him, and he's up and walking around.

thank god for our button spamming melee, or else we probably wouldn't have realized that he was not immune.

I made it half way down page 2 before I gave up reading to find out if anybody understands what is going on here.

Let me clear up what I think is going on.

In phase 3 Soa at times puts the MT into a Mind Trap and hence bugs out and resets the instance since the Highest Agro was no longer in LoS ( IN THE DAMN MIND TRAP )

Biowares ATTEMPT TO FIX THIS ISSUE is what you are seeing.

They made it now so when the player is placed into a mindtrap ALL AGRO on you is erased. The problem here is that they broke the agro system in phase 3 and you NO LONGER can get agro back after you come out of the mind trap.

SO if you are placed into a mind trap on phase 3 you no longer have the ability to generate agro for the rest of the fight, your agro literally will be 0 for the rest of the fight.

SOOOOOOOooooooooo......... if your MT gets tossed into a mind trap currently he is perma screwed and cant get agro back.

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay in getting this updated right as the patch notes came out today for 1.1.4. We wanted to make sure you saw that this issue of losing threat is being addressed:

Flashpoints and Operations

Operations

Eternity Vault

• Casting Mind Trap will no longer cause Soa to lose threat against his primary target.

I made it half way down page 2 before I gave up reading to find out if anybody understands what is going on here.

Let me clear up what I think is going on.

In phase 3 Soa at times puts the MT into a Mind Trap and hence bugs out and resets the instance since the Highest Agro was no longer in LoS ( IN THE DAMN MIND TRAP )

Biowares ATTEMPT TO FIX THIS ISSUE is what you are seeing.

They made it now so when the player is placed into a mindtrap ALL AGRO on you is erased. The problem here is that they broke the agro system in phase 3 and you NO LONGER can get agro back after you come out of the mind trap.

SO if you are placed into a mind trap on phase 3 you no longer have the ability to generate agro for the rest of the fight, your agro literally will be 0 for the rest of the fight.

SOOOOOOOooooooooo......... if your MT gets tossed into a mind trap currently he is perma screwed and cant get agro back.

Sorry to say this, but you're wrong, I posted a video a few pages back that shows that aggro even after MT goes into mind trap is no problem.

Sadly it looks like bioware is going to succumb to all the noobs and make every encounter a complete walkover :( Aggro was fine, fix the other things instead.

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay in getting this updated right as the patch notes came out today for 1.1.4. We wanted to make sure you saw that this issue of losing threat is being addressed:

Thanks for the fix, and also for the reduction in hitpoints of the Heavy Fabricator in KP Normal.

And yes, our guild had beat both encounters in their old state, but I am sure there are folks that will complain about these changes "as make them easier for noobs, yar!" as you can never make everybody happy.

Edited by Thoffs