Annihilation DPS all Jacked up now

SuperQ

Well, power adds to base damage, which in turn adds to the crit damage. Shouldn't make that much of a difference. The only thing that would make a difference is we took points OUT of Surge and INTO power, those calculations would have to be made.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant understand how something as inconsequential as a video game can get peoples panties in such giant bunches

do i like people i know lying to my face? of course not

do i like a random game development company telling me that my character is going to get a "slight" buff, but instead giving me a "slight" nerf ... couldnt care less

so yea, i dont get it

No one so apathetic about the class could possibly be a good Annihilation player. Just sayin'.

Well, power adds to base damage, which in turn adds to the crit damage. Shouldn't make that much of a difference. The only thing that would make a difference is we took points OUT of Surge and INTO power, those calculations would have to be made.

It just sounds like +20-25% surge bonus and the rest crit/power sounds like a better plan than wild surge/crit stacking.

Edited by ShiroRX

No one so apathetic about the class could possibly be a good Annihilation player. Just sayin'

im quite good thank you

but at the end of the day (even at the beginning of the day ... and in the middle of it too) its just a video game

i have more important things in my life to care that much about

the nerf is irrelevant, what matters is what you want to do about it: keep playing the class? switch to a different class? switch to a different spec? quit the game?

im going to stick to my anni marauder and not pitch a fit on the internet about something in the past that i cant change

I used to top damage on every warzone in Annihilation spec. I'm playing the same way with the same gear and now I struggle to get 3rd or 4th in damage. The spec was fine the way it was before this patch. Not overpowered... not underpowered... just fine. Why did they need to go *********** with **** that doesn't need fixed? And what makes it worse is they called it a buff when it's really a nerf.

I used to top damage on every warzone in Annihilation spec. I'm playing the same way with the same gear and now I struggle to get 3rd or 4th in damage. The spec was fine the way it was before this patch. Not overpowered... not underpowered... just fine. Why did they need to go *********** with **** that doesn't need fixed? And what makes it worse is they called it a buff when it's really a nerf.

There is no way its affected you that extreme.

im quite good thank you

but at the end of the day (even at the beginning of the day ... and in the middle of it too) its just a video game

O RLY ? You cared enough to come post this here :rolleyes:

Anyway, only change I noticed is that I suffer some wild D/C when Force Charging or Obliterating people anywhere in Alderaan and HuttBall :confused:

So from my research it just makes you more critical dependent than you were before. Now you have to carefully decide when to use either Berserk or Predation. Even if it IS a nerf, it's not as huge as what happened to the Operatives and you should be thankful for that. Relax, and if you're good, you'll still do good.

Isn't that the argument that almost everybody here makes to each other? L2P. Adapt and overcome. Premades and whatnot. Time to point the finger the other way.

Here is some math to show how the patch effected us. My tooltip on the DoT part of Rupture is currently 1225 self buffed, my crit chance is 41.33% on bleeds with 5 stacks of Juyo, and multiplier is 2.0733.

(1225 * 2.0233 * .4133) + (1225 ( 1 - .4133)) = 1743

To find my tooltip on the Rupture DoT pre-patch:

(1225/1.15) * 1.36 = 1448

Average Rupture DoT pre-patch:

(1448 * 1.7233 * .4133) + (1448 ( 1 - .4133)) = 1880

You will even find that the math shows, as other people have stated, that the actual crit numbers are slightly less now. So yes, the dps is decreased.

im quite good thank you

the nerf is irrelevant, what matters is what you want to do about it: keep playing the class? switch to a different class? switch to a different spec? quit the game?

im going to stick to my anni marauder and not pitch a fit on the internet about something in the past that i cant change

We are paying the salaries of the developers, the basic right that gives us is not to be lied to. We aren't stupid, trying to dress up a nerf as a buff is just down right terrible customer relations.

The developers haven't got a freaking clue how to balance the game, they keep nerfing melee whilst leaving the Ranged to their complete overpoweredness.

Lets face it the best minds left Mythic way before Sw:Tor and we've got the dregs of the programming and developer pool as the team for this game.

Why isn't Ravage/Choke/BA fixed? They are huge issues with 3 of our core abilities and yet we see no response saying "its being looked into"

Where are the changes to make the class more stream-lined you promised when you promised (un-deserved) buffs to the Juggs, who have recieved their buff.

Accept the devs are clueless, they can't even see the huge disparity between ranged and melee and penalise melee in every aspects - Ilum/PVE/PVP the 3 main game focuses at end-game.

Anyone thinking otherwise are just fanboys with no grasp on reality.

There is 1 reason combat logs wont be released because BW know for a fact we will pick holes in their shoddy class design - they know we will prove them wrong on so many aspects they will be forced into mass changes they simply don't have the resources for.

O RLY ? You cared enough to come post this here :rolleyes:

Anyway, only change I noticed is that I suffer some wild D/C when Force Charging or Obliterating people anywhere in Alderaan and HuttBall :confused:

indeed indeed, although, my posting here is mainly for entertainment, friendly banter :)

i still dont care about a nerf in the game, i just like semi-intelligent conversation ... its better than watching teen mom or real housewives of whogivesa****

indeed indeed, although, my posting here is mainly for entertainment, friendly banter :)

i still dont care about a nerf in the game, i just like semi-intelligent conversation ... its better than watching teen mom or real housewives of whogivesa****

i read the first part of your 2nd sentence and was going to make a wise crack about calling these forums "semi-intelligent" but after reading the 2nd part I see your point lol.

I just wish my two (count them, two) lightsabers would do as much damage as a vibroknife.

:)

But I'm not very good at the marauder/sentinel.

So I tried the operative, and wow - I can actually kick some serious ***.

Now when I load up, I see my operative getting better and better. My marauder scowls more than he did in the menu, :)

Kind of like that toy, that just wasn't still pretty cool, but couldn't do what the other could.

Maybe I'll get back to it.

Right now it's not the class for me though.

Here is some math to show how the patch effected us. My tooltip on the DoT part of Rupture is currently 1225 self buffed, my crit chance is 41.33% on bleeds with 5 stacks of Juyo, and multiplier is 2.0733.

(1225 * 2.0233 * .4133) + (1225 ( 1 - .4133)) = 1743

To find my tooltip on the Rupture DoT pre-patch:

(1225/1.15) * 1.36 = 1448

Average Rupture DoT pre-patch:

(1448 * 1.7233 * .4133) + (1448 ( 1 - .4133)) = 1880

You will even find that the math shows, as other people have stated, that the actual crit numbers are slightly less now. So yes, the dps is decreased.

Okay I just need to jump in here as a Sentinel.

I'm guessing Rupture is the Sith version of our Cauterize.

How on EARTH can your tooltip read 1225 damage over 6 seconds? My almost fully Rakata geared Sentinel has a DoT that reads 876 RAID BUFFED?

Is it a tooltip error on the Sith side, or do you actually have that much more damage on your abilities than your 'mirror' class Sentinel?

How on EARTH can your tooltip read 1225 damage over 6 seconds? My almost fully Rakata geared Sentinel has a DoT that reads 876 RAID BUFFED?

Is it a tooltip error on the Sith side, or do you actually have that much more damage on your abilities than your 'mirror' class Sentinel?

You get hoods we get damage. That's what we agreed on.

On topic, I have no idea.

the numbers go up with juyo stacks. perhaps he was looking at his tooltip with stacks on?

EDIT: oh. i just checked my deadlysaber/cauterize. its 1281 damage over 6-secs, in full rakata, and raid buffed. so its possible.

Edited by thierryfying

I dunno, with raid buffs I'm at 1295 right now. I'm in a lot of rakata, 777 force bonus damage, 1700 str. I dunno why yours is lower, did you get all the datacrons?

I just wish my two (count them, two) lightsabers would do as much damage as a vibroknife.

:)

But I'm not very good at the marauder/sentinel.

So I tried the operative, and wow - I can actually kick some serious ***.

Now when I load up, I see my operative getting better and better. My marauder scowls more than he did in the menu, :)

Kind of like that toy, that just wasn't still pretty cool, but couldn't do what the other could.

Maybe I'll get back to it.

Right now it's not the class for me though.

marauders scale better at 50 than operatives. stick with it

I dunno, with raid buffs I'm at 1295 right now. I'm in a lot of rakata, 777 force bonus damage, 1700 str. I dunno why yours is lower, did you get all the datacrons?

I've gotten quite a few, except the 10+ one from Fleet because it's 99.99% bugged to ****. You die using the MGGS.

Thing is, in raid buffs I've got nearly 1800 strength and my Cauterize isn't even close to being that high.

marauders scale better at 50 than operatives. stick with it

We don't really scale better. We just stop being dead weight once we reach a gear threshhold where we don't insta-die in a stun. After that we don't become monsters or anything. We're just about equivalent to most others in terms of damage and survivability.

I'm pretty sure we got nerfed a little bit, and no I'm not liking this.. prior to the patch my dots were ticking up to 2k now my max is around 1.7k even though my overall damage got increased due to the rakata weapons fix. Anyway these are my dots damage fully buffed w/o adrenals and trinkets I'll try to get one fully buffed later.

http://i.imgur.com/snuHL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OaIBS.jpg

edit fully buffed

http://i.imgur.com/em26L.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vYdli.jpg

fully buffed with bloodthirst

http://i.imgur.com/ssHRm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4a172.jpg