Annihilation DPS all Jacked up now

SuperQ

My only comment/recommendation on switching to Annihilation, not that you asked for it, is to mentally group Deadly Saber and Rupture as "rollface DPS", and to group Annihilate and Vicious Slash as "ragedump" DPS. I found that that helped me organize my sequence of attacks better.

I place Annhilate as higher priority on DPS over DS. Simply because Annihilate is a good dps ability when you have 3 stacks of Annihilator buff up so it's important to maintain.

Per Rage point DS is better, but I'm assuming basically unlimited Rage.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me that there was a bug that the devs needed to fix and they tried to balance it out with a buff to another talent they expected everyone to take. The results in the field might not match their tests/calculations. So if it is in fact a nerf, then suggest a change. But calling the devs liars and other such nonsense is just going to get them to ignore your feedback.

No. 300k is an average game.

What server do you play on?

I only get people in BM gear now so 300k is good.

Maybe on scrub servers with people in bad gear you can still get 500k and 6k crits.

Oh and if people are getting owned by rage spec then shame on them really.

Edited by SmokingGoose

Sorry, but 300k is laughable.

Try playing solo vs a BM pre-made and come tell me 300k is laughable.

Because thats what happens to most of us.

I would be happy to play with pocket healers but i don't.

300k is good. It is not laughable if you are playing solo.

With a premade vs pug yeah it is bad.

Edited by SmokingGoose

Well i broke down and tried out annihilation. Respec cost is so high i'm trapped in it for a week.

Last nights hm raid i was the first done on council but i didn't time myself. Our other dps have a ton of rakata and i'm mostly columi with bm weps. Best warzone this morning was 560k damage 140k healing. Starting to grow on me.

Anyone done actual in game tests to see how much dps they lost?

oh ... how this makes me smile :)

stick to it, once you get it all figured out and can play the spec w/o thinking about it (just a day or two) its amazing

My only comment/recommendation on switching to Annihilation, not that you asked for it, is to mentally group Deadly Saber and Rupture as "rollface DPS", and to group Annihilate and Vicious Slash as "ragedump" DPS. I found that that helped me organize my sequence of attacks better.

Have fun.

my goal when i pvp is to DoT up my target with rupture triggering the last stack of deadly saber, so they tick at the same time for the same duration

this gives me steady outgoing damage, if i pop berserk its guaranteed 2k per 1.5 seconds for the next 4.5 seconds

then ill throw out my annihilate for 3800-4200 if it crits and a force scream for ~2500 if it crits

gives me a nice potential burst of about 12.5k in 4.5 seconds (clearly it doesnt always reach the potential if i dont crit, or with my opponents popping their defensive CDs or stunning me/vanishing/etc, but when it does hit that potential ... boy is it pretty)

you should be using annihilate pretty much as often as possible (dots take priority, then annihilate) its not just rage dump dps

How people get 2-2.5k bleed crits is beyond me. I have almost full rakata gear with rakata weapons in both hands, my bleeds crit nowhere near that number. These forums are full of exaggerrations.

if you mean me, i was talking about deadly saber and rupture dot combined

if you use rupture to apply your 3rd stack of deadly saber then the dots tick in sync with each other

one will crit for about 1200-1400, the other for about 500-700 depending on resistances/buffs etc