3 Warzone wins for daily is too high.

keano

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the exception of all the elitist tripe in this thread i understand both points in general, yes you have to earn your gear, but WZ's are not solo adventures, im stuck on a server with an abysmal win rate, i average 20-30 matches a day, and in the last 3 days ive won 6. no im not a terrible player, neither am i the best, i come out near the top usually. simple fact is regardless of the elitist rhetoric we usually hear, win rates for the average player is int he region of 1:15 matches.

Before the L2P remarks come in, its a group action, if im stuck in groups that justw ant to medal farm or are just plan stupid then im screwed, and all it does is put people off pvp, then we get a sentiment from non hardcore pvp'ers thats rather negative. the dailies and weekleies id change from wins to participated in, just increase the number of matches, ie participate in 6 matches for a daily and 20 in a week, still requires a time sink, but it feels less arduous.

This is also too difficult. :-( The daily quest should require you to travel to the closest mailbox and retrieve a full set of battlemaster gear. Seems fair enough.

I heard that the Republic mailboxes are 5 yards further away from the PvP bounty board than the Empire ones though which just FURTHER shows Bioware's OBVIOUS BIAS and HATRED OF THE REPUBLIC and is only adding to FACTION IMBALANCE.

Until they nerf Empire mailbox distances, I can never approve of this change.

Do you know what they should do?

1-Fix Wins not Counting Bug

2-Reduce Daily Win to 2

3-Increase Weekly Win to 10

Now we have similar daily and weekly with ilum which you can complete in 5 days by doing the daily.

I hope you are kidding ;)

Sadly, I am not.

It all comes down to simple math. It takes 9 recorded victories to complete the weekly. Outside of weekends, I rarely receive credit for more than 2 victories a day and usually PVP for 2 - 3 hours / day. So 2 victories a day for 5 days - 10 victories. That is just enough to get the weekly done. And then of course there are the days like yesterday when I had no wins all day.

All total I will likely run warzones for 10 - 15 hours each week just in the hopes of completing the weekly. And 4 - 6 hours every couple of days just to complete the daily.

So yes, it does generally take all week for me to complete a weekly and at least 2 days to complete the daily.

3 wins seem quite fair imo, however having rolled 5 wins in a row just now and only getting credit for 2 wins kinda f.... up the whole thing

i don't think I've EVER gotten 5 wins in a row.

of course, I'm on the Republic side.

How about: 1 or 2 wins for Republic...4 wins for Imps for the daily :)

That should take about the same amount of time (if Rep. players gets lucky)

Sadly, I am not.

It all comes down to simple math. It takes 9 recorded victories to complete the weekly. Outside of weekends, I rarely receive credit for more than 2 victories a day and usually PVP for 2 - 3 hours / day. So 2 victories a day for 5 days - 10 victories. That is just enough to get the weekly done. And then of course there are the days like yesterday when I had no wins all day.

All total I will likely run warzones for 10 - 15 hours each week just in the hopes of completing the weekly. And 4 - 6 hours every couple of days just to complete the daily.

So yes, it does generally take all week for me to complete a weekly and at least 2 days to complete the daily.

Lol it's a WEEKLY, it should take you a WEEK+ to finish.

The problem with the quest is that without proper matchmaking it's indeed a daily. It takes hours and hours to complete and days go by where I'm not able to get 3 counted wins, or 3 wins at all.

If I wouldn't face one of the same 3 premades on each sign up this would be a less of a problem and something that can be easily fixed.

However, it's either reducing the counter and fixing the win credit or implementing match making.

With the exception of all the elitist tripe in this thread i understand both points in general, yes you have to earn your gear, but WZ's are not solo adventures, im stuck on a server with an abysmal win rate, i average 20-30 matches a day, and in the last 3 days ive won 6. no im not a terrible player, neither am i the best, i come out near the top usually. simple fact is regardless of the elitist rhetoric we usually hear, win rates for the average player is int he region of 1:15 matches.

Before the L2P remarks come in, its a group action, if im stuck in groups that justw ant to medal farm or are just plan stupid then im screwed, and all it does is put people off pvp, then we get a sentiment from non hardcore pvp'ers thats rather negative. the dailies and weekleies id change from wins to participated in, just increase the number of matches, ie participate in 6 matches for a daily and 20 in a week, still requires a time sink, but it feels less arduous.

The only thing to criticise your post about is your win to loss ratio. I think a more realistic number is 1:6 and not 1:15. But every server is likely different.

but with that said, victories are far from guaranteed. With Huttball, you see more premade groups in the 50 brackets made up of the same classes. You have the tanks who can push the ball, force speed runners who can run the ball, and then the grapplers who can pull other players to them.

Everybody else in irrelevent. You could be the best missile spammer in the galaxies and those premades will just blow past you before you have the chance to do much damge. Like wise the stealthers cna do little more than get a few hits in before they are stunned or sent flying across the map. and the range sniper might get a few lucky kills in but after a while he gets nothing but harassment from the other team. And as the healers ... hell somebody has to be in line of sight or in range to even receive the healing. Pushing the ball means you are usually neither and the healers role becomes more of just keeping the other players alive long enough to get in a few additional hits.

As for the other warzones, it generally plays out with one side or the other having a surplus of healers while the opposing team is lucky to even have one. Those matches are decided more by which team can get more healing while fighting at the turrets rather than any particular strategy deployed by the team. On my server, the Imps generally have only 1 healer / match. so they tend to lose quite a few Voidstar and Civil War matches.

what? getting three wins is easy, even with some wins not counting. super easy for empire players but also easy to get for republic players as well.

Depends on the server I guess, the other day I ran 40 something warzones and only won 4 (and 1 of those wins didn't count). Empire is god awful on my server.

Edited by Sookster

I played 14 games last night, won four of them, two of them didn't count. In my ten losses I encountered:

1. afker's just after the drop down in voidstar

2. a hutt ball player running the ball to the wrong endzone

3. a hutt ball player running the ball to the wrong endzone then passing to the other team when we were up 3-0

4. losing one gun, one point, one door and having half my team leave to be replaced (the abandon rate last night was incredibly high)

5. I decided to log off at 2 am two wins short of my daily and weekly because I just couldn't take it anymore

I don't mind the 3 match win daily, just please BW fix whatever is causing the wins not to count.

I run a premade with my guild and we prefer huttball over any other WZ because we have the best chance of winning. (Powertech, Jugg, Ops heals, random other). I'll admit we have left WZs based on who the pugs are in our group b/c let's face it if you repeatedly lose with certain players but win with others you can assume it's them and not you.

During peak time it's almost a guarantee lose if we get queued into Alderaan or Void Star because the Republic team is going to be 1 of 2 premades that consist of almost entirely Battlemasters and they are skilled to boot. The only time we've beaten this group was when we got grouped up with 3 of the best Imp PvPers on our server (lucky). 700k+ heals & 500k+ dps

Even though we lose more often than win we PvP as a group because that's what makes it fun. It may sound strange but it's easier to lose as a team then it is solo. Let me also add that our premade is far from geared making skill a requirement.

Also for those who think it's unfair that they get put up against premades remember that half the other team could have been you.

Edited by Triple-A

I'll admit we have left WZs based on who the pugs are in our group b/c let's face it if you repeatedly lose with certain players but win with others you can assume it's them and not you.

Not to be a nitpicker, but it could still be you...just certain players are better at carrying the slack.

Honestly, if you are running a premade and lose to a full Pug more than once in a blue moon, you are doing something very wrong.

The only thing to criticise your post about is your win to loss ratio. I think a more realistic number is 1:6 and not 1:15. But every server is likely different.

Depends on what time of day you queue. On some servers Republic players will get an endless stream of 8v5s for 3-4 hours during the week. So if they want to complete the daily, they it looks like theyve got to completely change their RL schedule to accomodate. Which is rubbish.

Don't worry, guys. They put a workaround in today's patch. Apparently no one is getting valor/credit for the weekly/daily on Ilum. So more people will be WZing!

Eugh ... I'm getting so close to just throwing in the towel on this god-awful PvP game. They should have brought out at least 5 WZs and there should be more variety on the way soon. One more WZ planned ... ? F- that.

They should be offering players more variety in gaining Valor not taking it away.

I think people think the WZs are fine until they hit L50 rank Valor. Up until then it's a breeze. After that you're looking at 20 WINS per level or 30 losses ... know a real hardcore guy who'se already hit L50 on 2 alts, it took him 12 hours to go from L59-L60 Valor ... that's an obscene amount of Hutt Ball.

Running against the evil premades is only an issue if you think there is only one premade in the world out to get you whenever you queue. For same faction WZ (Huttball), if there are at least 2 premades in the first 16 guys queued (and apparently everyone claims that's common) then they'll be split as 1 premade on each side.

Now winning games that don't count really sucks and greatly increases the time it takes to finish the daily for everyone, and it seems to be getting worse.

but with that said, victories are far from guaranteed. With Huttball, you see more premade groups in the 50 brackets made up of the same classes. You have the tanks who can push the ball, force speed runners who can run the ball, and then the grapplers who can pull other players to them.

Everybody else in irrelevent. You could be the best missile spammer in the galaxies and those premades will just blow past you before you have the chance to do much damge. Like wise the stealthers cna do little more than get a few hits in before they are stunned or sent flying across the map. and the range sniper might get a few lucky kills in but after a while he gets nothing but harassment from the other team. And as the healers ... hell somebody has to be in line of sight or in range to even receive the healing. Pushing the ball means you are usually neither and the healers role becomes more of just keeping the other players alive long enough to get in a few additional hits.

As for the other warzones, it generally plays out with one side or the other having a surplus of healers while the opposing team is lucky to even have one. Those matches are decided more by which team can get more healing while fighting at the turrets rather than any particular strategy deployed by the team. On my server, the Imps generally have only 1 healer / match. so they tend to lose quite a few Voidstar and Civil War matches.

The 1:15 is a rough average from guildies, some win often, others not so often, it prolly actually closer to 1:10, but its around that ballpark if you catch my drift, Hydian Way server - Imp side btw

Question: What is the purpose of the Warzone Daily?

Answer: To incentivize participation in Warzones.

The daily is not targeted at Warzone fans who are going to do it everyday anyway, it is targeted at people who don't normally play Warzones in an attempt to get them to queue up a few times in order to draw down overall queue times.

That being said, making the primary objective of the quest 4-6 completed Warzones with a bonus for wins would achieve the same goal and eliminate a lot of the frustration with the "wins not counting" issue.