Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[Video] Proof that marauders are underpowered and need immediate buffs

Acyu

Anyone can 1v3 horrible players. Anyone that thinks this is overpowered is a moron and i want you to make a video of you doing this.

Notice how half of his action bars are on cooldown at any given moment. Thats called using more than tracer missle.

I know its hard to understand

Anyone can 1v3 horrible players. Anyone that thinks this is overpowered is a moron and i want you to make a video of you doing this.

Notice how half of his action bars are on cooldown at any given moment. Thats called using more than tracer missle.

I know its hard to understand

Oh I definitely don't think marauders are overpowered.

I think marauders are the king of 1v1, and are very strong in 1vX situations if played correctly.

This is just a sarcastic response to all the QQ spreads that complain about how marauders are underpowered and have the least utility, etc...

Players that are not good look "horrible" when playing against good players. That's what happened in this particular video. This sentinel is both geared (~5 piece battlemaster) and skilled, while his opponents are champions/battlemasters.

This is an example of how the battlemaster title is not a measurement of skill, and how if you know how to play your class, you "risk" the problem of looking overpowered.

This is the problem with most of the QQ threads on this forum. A specific person seeing another person doing something "overpowered" (like 1v4 in this video) then complain about how that specific class is OP.

The same thing is with all the lolVOIDSTAR screenshots.

I could post a video of my well-geared Shadow taking down 2-3 undergeared people at a time (he's a Kinetic, which makes him difficult to kill thanks to all the self-healing and CC), but I'd just be wasting everyone's time with it.

Cooldowns, procs, and combos are a sentinel's forte.

Notice too how his numbers are spammed across the screen and add up to larger bursts than spamming tracer missiles.

Yet people complain about tracer missiles.

You can actually use tactics to stop a Sentinel/Marauder from doing damage; they are only effective at 4m. A Merc/Comm can just spam Tracer/Grav from 30m all the way down to 4m without a care in the world thanks to pushback protection and the fact that interrupts are very, very weak (oh you used an interrupt? I'll just use these two instant-cast abilities and now look! The lockout is over!).

Combine this with the fact that it's a 1.5s cast that shreds armor and stacks damage buffs for other attacks and you have a class that is, quite literally, a one-button wonder.

Play a Sentinel/Marauder for a while if you think the class is so great. Their huge array of abilities will give you a headache from confusion after getting used to spamming your "2" key on your Merc.

I could post a video of my well-geared Shadow taking down 2-3 undergeared people at a time (he's a Kinetic, which makes him difficult to kill thanks to all the self-healing and CC), but I'd just be wasting everyone's time with it.

You can actually use tactics to stop a Sentinel/Marauder from doing damage; they are only effective at 4m. A Merc/Comm can just spam Tracer/Grav from 30m all the way down to 4m without a care in the world thanks to pushback protection and the fact that interrupts are very, very weak (oh you used an interrupt? I'll just use these two instant-cast abilities and now look! The lockout is over!).

Combine this with the fact that it's a 1.5s cast that shreds armor and stacks damage buffs for other attacks and you have a class that is, quite literally, a one-button wonder.

Play a Sentinel/Marauder for a while if you think the class is so great. Their huge array of abilities will give you a headache from confusion after getting used to spamming your "2" key on your Merc.

I find it interesting that you are talking about merc/commando one button wonder when I dont notice that much of a difference between playing my commando or shadow

Grav round spammable (interruptable)-Shadowstrike spammable (instant)

Demo round CD 15 seconds-Force Breach CD 12 seconds (talented)

High impact bolt CD 15 seconds-Project CD 6 seconds

No way shape or form trying to say one is easier or takes more skill then the other...just seems kind of similar to me.

Awesome video,

but,

sentinels.maras got no grapple/kockback,

their stun aka force choke is weakest of all stuns,

and slows, snares kills them completely.

Few tweaks could be made to class.

And yeah, it is hard to master, becuase keybiding all that sht is challenge itself.

Edited by Hylfnur

Well, the video proves one thing. It proves I rolled my char on the wrong server. I haven't seen morons like these since first beta weekend.

All in all, I love the style and the commentary. One of the few SWTOR videos I genuinely enjoyed.

Edited by Sabbathius

I find it interesting that you are talking about merc/commando one button wonder when I dont notice that much of a difference between playing my commando or shadow

Grav round spammable (interruptable)-Shadowstrike spammable (instant)

Demo round CD 15 seconds-Force Breach CD 12 seconds (talented)

High impact bolt CD 15 seconds-Project CD 6 seconds

No way shape or form trying to say one is easier or takes more skill then the other...just seems kind of similar to me.

Er... what?

Did you just compare a ranged DPS class to a melee class?

In SWTOR of all games?!

And "Shadow Strike" is spammable? By god man... I don't know what you are smoking, but I'd like to try some! I sure could use an escape from reality!

I literally have no idea how to respond to you, thus I can only assume that you are joking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.