Would getting a spell cast interrupt make us OP?

CoopStainz

Just curious on what everyone else thinks in forum land but would giving merc's an interrupt on spell casting really hurt the game too much and that's because we don't have one? As a endgame pyrotech merc it kinda sucks going against a healer or sorc with just one insta stun on a CD and another that has a cast time. It's a major disadvantage and I think should be over looked. Instead of having that pointless shoulder slam or whatever it's called make it like wind buffet for merc's which messes with casters a little. Want to hear what u guys think

Yay👍

or

Nay👎

Tbh, I don't think we need an interrupt, though I wouldn't mind a root effect or something like that. After a melee class gets to open on you, you're pretty much done. All melee classes have some kind to ranged attack as well as ways to disengage better than us. By the time we do manage to get some range and start kiting, you're pretty much dead as is...were glass cannons in heavy armor, pretty dumb imo.

I'm pyro, not herp derp traced spam, so i don't have the luxury of killing something in 2 seconds. Would be nice to have one more ability that can give me some range on melee classes. Ranged classes its more of who gets the drop and losing them is easy if you need to get away, but kiting is a pain in the *** with all the distance closers, slows and interrupts available to other classes.

Would definitely make us OP, unless it was 4m range. If it was 10 or 30, we'd be ridiculous. You're not meant to take out a healer 1v1.

lol 1 interrupt isnt gonna phase a healer with 4 heals. as far as being op, sorc has one (along with the rest of the pvp utility bag) so i dont really see how that would make us superman

A problem old like mmos. If someone wants a deserved "buff", all other players try to prevent it with there lifes, cause, you know, they want something... Funny thing about the interrupt is, 2 out of 16 classes don't have one, so its hardly a buff, its more of an adjustment.

Either take it away of any class with the set of tools,cc's, snares OR give it to anybody.

I'm pyro, not herp derp traced spam, so i don't have the luxury of killing something in 2 seconds. Would be nice to have one more ability that can give me some range on melee classes. Ranged classes its more of who gets the drop and losing them is easy if you need to get away, but kiting is a pain in the *** with all the distance closers, slows and interrupts available to other classes.

Riiight, you're a pyro, that makes you herpy-derpy-power-shot-spammer, and a lousy one at that, if you trully believe that one tracer missile can kill anyone.

Now back on topic, an interrupt wouldn't save us from any melee and it wouldn't really give us any advantage against ranged classes, if anything, it would even out the playing field in pvp and would give us the utility for pve boss fights.

As a pyro I would love a root more than an interrupt. My biggest problem is a melee. I can beat them if I have all my cooldowns and they don't have one of theirs...but if we both have all cooldowns they are more likely to win.

I can take down healers sometimes but a good one I can't do on my own...especially if they can dispel my dots.

What sucks is getting chain CC-ed. I thought resolve was supposed to fix that, but it seems not to work. Maybe it is and CC just seems worse in a high stress situation, but something has to change with CC in PvP...it is too powerful. Edited by Pwny_Express

The cc doesn't bother me as much as the perma-slow. There's no resolve-type condition associated to it so it is indefinite until you Los everyone doing it yo you. I would be fine with it if we get some lingering effect from cure that makes us immune to that spell for a duration.

Riiight, you're a pyro, that makes you herpy-derpy-power-shot-spammer, and a lousy one at that, if you trully believe that one tracer missile can kill anyone.

Now back on topic, an interrupt wouldn't save us from any melee and it wouldn't really give us any advantage against ranged classes, if anything, it would even out the playing field in pvp and would give us the utility for pve boss fights.

Ha! You're a *********** tool. That was more to point out that tracer spam does far more dg, and takes pretty much no skill, which is a luxury. No, i don't spam powershot, though it is nice if I have my CDs up or have the time to stand still. Sorry my spec actually takes effort and not binding half my keyboard to one ability and facerolling.

Which is also why i said a root would be nice for kiting purposes, since melee tends to eat us unless you can knock them off a bridge or something. I mean, us pyros can't just stand there and spam tracer through their dps. (That was sarcasm, i case you're too stupid to figure that out)

We allready have an interrupt. it's called Rocket Punch.

only arsenal-specced mercs get that interrupt-y effect, you're referring too.

rocket punch isn't a real interrupt anyway. it does not prevent using the interrupted ability for 4 seconds, which is an important factor. and you cannot interrupt champ-mobs with it.

14 of 16 advanced classes get a real interrupt. for it being a pretty useful ability in pvp and pve, imho, i'd goddam like BW to adjust our class to this standard and give us an interrupt. i'd even take a melee one with 4 m. but honestly just give us Quell (10m) from the powertech class, should be easy enough to implement.

rocket punch isn't a real interrupt anyway. it does not prevent using the interrupted ability for 4 seconds, which is an important factor. and you cannot interrupt champ-mobs with it.

It isn't, but it's good enough for Arsenal. We do so much damage so quickly that if we're fighting a healer, then one of two things should be happening.

A) One of the other classes with interrupt is hitting them and should be trying to interrupt while I focus entirely on burning him down as hard and fast as I can.

or

B) I'm the only person applying pressure to the healer, in which case my job is to slow him down and make him stop healing his allies to heal himself. Rocket Punch might not be a real interrupt, but it's big enough that it could stop him from saving someone's life.

I don't factor in champ mobs. If we're the only class without an interrupt, then there's guaranteed to be at least one person on the mob who can interrupt. The tank if you've somehow found yourself in a group with two DPS mercs and a healer merc.

Also keep in mind we have Jet Boost and Electro Dart for further psuedo-interrupting purposes.

However, Pyrotechs don't get anything outside of Electro Dart and Jet Boost. They definitely deserve an interrupt.

Edited by TrollBerzerker

Ha! You're a *********** tool. That was more to point out that tracer spam does far more dg, and takes pretty much no skill, which is a luxury. No, i don't spam powershot, though it is nice if I have my CDs up or have the time to stand still. Sorry my spec actually takes effort and not binding half my keyboard to one ability and facerolling.

Which is also why i said a root would be nice for kiting purposes, since melee tends to eat us unless you can knock them off a bridge or something. I mean, us pyros can't just stand there and spam tracer through their dps. (That was sarcasm, i case you're too stupid to figure that out)

Wow! You're even derpier than I thought.

Ok, so you don't spam Power shot, instead you're activating Unload and interruptign it for Rail Shot the moment it procs it, that requires so much more skill, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

But the snap is, you still ahve to use power shot from time to time, to proc the RS, when Unload is on a cooldown. Oh and if you need a root while having sweltering heat, than you're just doing something extremely wrong, like facerolling four buttons instead of one and claimingto have a mighty skill?

As Pyro you are indeed more mobile, where as arsenal you are feeling like a turret most of the time.

Both are specs that require a different approach.

I have played both specs now (still leveling so no top bracket 50's experienct there)

and both are dependent on certain cooldowns / buffs and heve pretty straightforward rotations which you just have to use in order to make some dps output.

Pyro will focus on 1 getting the dot on the target, B getting rail shot up as much as possible and using it.

Arsenal is all about getting the debuff stacked and then unloading all dps abilities that require the debuff , unload, railshot,...

While arsensl has a stronger aoe knockback and rocketpunch, pyro has mobility, so in the end both are on par in perspective to their playstyle.

An interrupt, dunno, the times when i feel i could use one, are when it's already to late and I'm being atacked by more then 1 person to begin with.

My advice use the stuns we have when they matter not all the time, that makes a huge difference.

for pve keep in mine that , on regular mobs, we have other abilities that also immobilise mobs while carrying htem out.

explosive dart causes the panic effect and causes a knockback for surrounding mobs when it blows up, unload keeps a mob in place to.

And ofc a normal rocket shot als knocks down normal mobs.

Plenty of tools to work with, just need to figure them all out, especially when doing pvp, because other kids got cool toys to and might know just how to use them against you.

I can live without an interrupt, what I would really like is an escape mechanism, like the inqusitor sprint. Yes you have Jet Boost but it is useless since the enemy can catch you very easy after using it.

I could go for that. Like, actually using jet pack to jump back and to gain short immunity to charges/interrupts, for a few seconds. That would be grand.

Mercs def don't need an interrupt you guys do insane damage if just left alone and a lot of derps do.

Tbh, I don't think we need an interrupt, though I wouldn't mind a root effect or something like that. After a melee class gets to open on you, you're pretty much done. All melee classes have some kind to ranged attack as well as ways to disengage better than us. By the time we do manage to get some range and start kiting, you're pretty much dead as is...were glass cannons in heavy armor, pretty dumb imo.

Don't you have a knock back? Can't it be talented to 2 and an even greater distance on the original?

Marauders get 10m range max unless 4pc pvp set then we have a 15m attack but you ahve to be at 20% or below hp.

Juggs have 1 ranged attack, saber throw. 30m.

Assassins 10m too unless they blow a CD then it's like 2 crits.

Ops... 10m also and i think their AOE is 30 but i'm not sure.

Well by the time you get ranged you see most good Jugg/mara saves their gap closer for the knock back. So try to get the jump on them first.

L2strafe or jump kite.

Mercs def don't need an interrupt you guys do insane damage if just left alone and a lot of derps do.

Don't you have a knock back? Can't it be talented to 2 and an even greater distance on the original?

Marauders get 10m range max unless 4pc pvp set then we have a 15m attack but you ahve to be at 20% or below hp.

Juggs have 1 ranged attack, saber throw. 30m.

Assassins 10m too unless they blow a CD then it's like 2 crits.

Ops... 10m also and i think their AOE is 30 but i'm not sure.

Well by the time you get ranged you see most good Jugg/mara saves their gap closer for the knock back. So try to get the jump on them first.

L2strafe or jump kite.

Sorcs do insane damage even if people are onto them, snipers/OPs do insane damage, marauders do insane damage when they get into melee range, PTs do insane damage when they are pyro... And they all have plenty, if not more utility, along with interrupts.

Mercs have an aoe knockback, but the thing, if you want to improve it, you have invest into arsenal tree, same for rocket punch knockback. However such heavy investment leaves pyro merc as a lackluster build... On top of that, in the particular case the pyro-hero-derp wants melee to stand still while spams his unload/power shot/railshot.