Are Sith really evil?

Ziggoratt

The empire has the right ideas, take away the sith with corruption, keep the mainstay, take away racism. You have much more effective society than the repub overall. The corrupt factors in the empire can be narrowed down far more easily than those in the republic..why because of the system.

Keep slavery then? :eek:

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"indetured sevitude" and if you addded some rights for the slaves and only put people with massive debt untill they pay it off or convicts it could work.

exactly. Let it serve as a punishment for those who have committed atrocities or accumulated large debt, then add in rights. But yes let's go with indentured servants.

The empire has the right ideas, take away the sith with corruption, keep the mainstay, take away racism. You have much more effective society than the repub overall. The corrupt factors in the empire can be narrowed down far more easily than those in the republic..why because of the system.

The problem with any system of government is that it is composed of PEOPLE. And people can be unreliable.

Any "system" can seen effective if there are talented and capable people in charge of it. Conversely, the same "system" can be seen as ineffective with incompetent people at the top.

The structure of an Empire requires usually requires a monarch. This is all well and good when you have a GREAT monarch. But what happens when the son or daughter is a waste of space? They take over the throne, and everything goes to pot.

Vitiate tried to solve this by

becoming an immortal, so he wouldn't need to be replaced. Unfortunately, the side effect of his plan was the death of ALL LIFE in the galaxy, leaving him an Emperor with no subjects.

That's the worst form of "government" possible. :D

Edited by Khevar

you DO realize the Empire is a facist police state yes?

Do you REALLY think thats the ideal government?

Everything works in its right way. At least the fascist police state doesn't hide itself behind ideals of equality and freedom. Even communism has its place, it just doesn't work when the population and opportunity hit a certain threshold. We are also making the comparison of looking at our world today then saying "said government is ideal" not really. In the future many many things change. I find it easier to change out the few in one system, than to change out the many hundreds in the other system. Order.

The Sith do what that will, "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" is a tenant of Satanism. So, by a contemporized definition, the Sith are, as a group, evil.

No, It isn't. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" is the central tenant of Thelema. And since, "Love is the Law, love under will", if the sith are Thelemites, they're of the angry-neckbeard-internet-troll variety.

As for the rest of this thread... just, wow. I wonder how many of you are planning to migrate to the wonderful autocratic theocracies we have here in the real world. I hear Iran is a utopia.

Look, the Sith are not An-Cap paragons, or free love hippies. They are a brutal Darkside cult. Go ask Wookiepedia. Go ask George. You remember him, right? Created the Sith? Ring any bells? Arguing "nuh uh, Sith Code don't say it" is akin to denying that Christians believe I'm going to hell because it's not in the Lord's Prayer.

Edited by StillJyl

No, It isn't. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" is the central tenant of Thelema. And since, "Love is the Law, love under will", if the sith are Thelemites, they're of the angry-neckbeard-internet-troll variety.

As for the rest of this thread... just, wow. I wonder how many of you are planning to migrate to the wonderful autocratic theocracies we have here in the real world. I hear Iran is a utopia.

Look, the Sith are not An-Cap paragons, or free love hippies. They are a brutal Darkside cult. Go ask Wookiepedia. Go ask George. You remember him, right? Created the Sith? Ring any bells? Arguing "nuh uh, Sith Code don't say it" is akin to denying that Christians believe I'm going to hell because it's not in the Lord's Prayer.

just because 99.87% of all sith are evil jerkwads who should be locked up in a padded cell and sedated doesn't mean there all evil sociopatic wackjobs.

Most Sith are Lawful and Neutral Evil because you can not rule an Empire especially as large as the Empire with Chaos. This does not mean there will be psychopaths or even Lawful Neutral Sith (faithful to the Empire regardless of their (deep) personal views). However if you are too good, too naive, or too psychotic, I personally believe you will be brutally weeded out like the most psychotic of Roman Emperors. Edited by Lorica

The Sith are divided on:

Evil Sith, Good Sith....no middle.

For a society best thing there is neutrality oriented for the common good, so Jedi are actually "Good" standing within society, while Sith do have good qualities the only sith "worthy" of society are lightsided Sith that respect the law and practice control of their inner darkness.

TD:LR So yes in general Sith are Evil.

• 2 weeks later...

So I read about 50 pages of this so far and have been compelled to contribute. I have seen arguements for why the Jedi are controlling and the sith are about freedom, but the crux of the argument as has been pointed out so many times, is definition of "sith" and that of evil. Now, I am not going to suggest that the depiction of the sith as a collection of individuals would imply that they are evil. Then, I posit that just because they are the current manifistation of the Sith order, these "evil" sith even though they are in the vast majority are not representative of every sith imaginable. For example, I can easily rationalise a sith order where the code would be interpreted as follows.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion." In regards to internal emotional state, this is true, for "people", emotions are inevitable. On a more extrapolated note, this could mean the universe as a whole, an atom can never be at rest, it is constantly moving, and such is the nature of the universe. It isn't unreasonable to interpret that a different way, or for it to be the basis of a cruel and and perverse doctrine, but not exclusively.

"Through passion I gain strength." Well, I would argue that a person's passions do grant them strength. There is the saying about making your passion a profession and not working a day in your life. I can imagine passion itself fuelling a light side anything, the Jedi are passionate about their code, passionate about having no passion... And we don't call them evil for that.

"Through strength I gain power" well this is encouraging the sith to apply their convictions to things that give power, this is no different to encouraging people to work harder, to wield that strength with purpose.

"Through power I gain victory" telling people to use their power to win. To be a success, is this not the premise of every motivational speech?

"Through victory my chains are broken" I don't know about you, but I feel pretty damn good when I win at stuff, life mainly.

""The force shall set me free" I have always taken this to mean that whichever force practices are used the freedom of choice that is inherently available to gray force users is freeing in itself.

It is my conclusion that unless we are establishing that the dark side of the force, we aren't ruling out light sith. If a single sith with power rivalling Bane or Sideous, were to saying the things about the light side that the DK temple hologram speaks of about the light side, the sith would be very different order. But fundamentally, I believe being a sith does not make you evil. Being a sith does not make you wield force lightning.

Thank you for reading my wall of text.

For my argument about are sith really evil lets put it this way;

1. The sith who were members of the Dark Council before in-game emperor started the war with the republic and before Lord Scourge became the emperors wrath, but then were all killed, wanted to get rid of him because he planned to destroy all life in the galaxy and i'm pretty sure putting in the effort to stop the emperor would be considered a good side action, so no not all sith are completely evil.

2. I can say from experiences that i've had a few times in the past that suppressing emotions like the jedi do are extremely self-destructive and being in a environment were you can't talk about how you feel can led to situations such as self-harm, so not a good factor on the jedi side, and also i'm pretty sure that killing off you emotions does among other things make you a perfect killer because you don't hesitate to kill or regret it afterwards I mean the majority of serial killers tend to be psychopaths because they have next to no moral compass in which emotion has a large part to play in its formation

3. At the end of the Great Hyperspace War the jedi and the republic virtually committed genocide or at least attempted to on Korriban and was one of the main reasons that the resurgant sith empire to attack the republic in the first place.

4. To be fair to the jedi though, considering i have been basically bashing them throughout my post, palpatine and vadar did all but exterminate the jedi order, before vader ended up killing palpatine after he was redeemed and bring balance in the processes, no matter how brief that balance ended up being. Also the jedi aren't openly anti-alien, dislike slavery etc, etc

5. This is what i don't entirely get, regardless of what the jedi say they are actually passionate just in different ways to a sith, eg. a sith is passionate about power, when a jedi is passionate about helping people, so in reality when jedi say they don't let their passions guide them they are lying through their teeth whether they realise it or not

Anyway my final opinion is that the two are just as bad as each other, the sith being worse by a small margin and if i had to pick either one I would probable choose the jedi, but i would still rather stay out of both.

For my argument about are sith really evil lets put it this way;

1. The sith who were members of the Dark Council before in-game emperor started the war with the republic and before Lord Scourge became the emperors wrath, but then were all killed, wanted to get rid of him because he planned to destroy all life in the galaxy and i'm pretty sure putting in the effort to stop the emperor would be considered a good side action, so no not all sith are completely evil.

2. I can say from experiences that i've had a few times in the past that suppressing emotions like the jedi do are extremely self-destructive and being in a environment were you can't talk about how you feel can led to situations such as self-harm, so not a good factor on the jedi side, and also i'm pretty sure that killing off you emotions does among other things make you a perfect killer because you don't hesitate to kill or regret it afterwards I mean the majority of serial killers tend to be psychopaths because they have next to no moral compass in which emotion has a large part to play in its formation

3. At the end of the Great Hyperspace War the jedi and the republic virtually committed genocide or at least attempted to on Korriban and was one of the main reasons that the resurgant sith empire to attack the republic in the first place.

4. To be fair to the jedi though, considering i have been basically bashing them throughout my post, palpatine and vadar did all but exterminate the jedi order, before vader ended up killing palpatine after he was redeemed and bring balance in the processes, no matter how brief that balance ended up being. Also the jedi aren't openly anti-alien, dislike slavery etc, etc

5. This is what i don't entirely get, regardless of what the jedi say they are actually passionate just in different ways to a sith, eg. a sith is passionate about power, when a jedi is passionate about helping people, so in reality when jedi say they don't let their passions guide them they are lying through their teeth whether they realise it or not

Anyway my final opinion is that the two are just as bad as each other, the sith being worse by a small margin and if i had to pick either one I would probable choose the jedi, but i would still rather stay out of both.

1. Well they obviously just wanted to get rid of the emperor because if he succeeded they would, you know... die themselves. I don't consider not wanting to die an good act in itself.

2. Jedi do not actually completely surpress their emotions. They generally just seem to surpresss negative emotions like fear, anger and hatred. On the opposite they seem to teach compassion, patience and also to accept death as a natural part of live a lot. I have yet to encounter any jedi that actually acts like a emotionless robot in any star wars material.

3.Yep I agree that was a huge d*ck move from the Jedi back then, but that doesn't make it ok for the Sith to start a galaxy wide war with the current generation of Republic inhabitants. All the people who tried to commit genocide are most likely dead now.

4. That is true though I'd argue tha there are also some Sith who at least aren't really anti-alien either (Zash, Malgus, Jadus...) .

5. Yeah... no! I'd choose the Jedi in a heartbeat. While they have their flaws they actually try to do what is best for everyone in ethical ways, while most Sith only care only about themselves and don't care about how they achieve their goals. Also Jedi don't usually execute their subordinates for minor mistakes.

In general:

Jedi are generally good but have flaws, like everyone else.

Sith are generally selfish jerks that care about nothing but their own goals, but in rare instances there are actually honorable Sith that aren't really evil at all.

• 1 year later...

Long story short. The Sith ARE evil. But the Jedi are worse.

Long story not short: Deny it or not, most of us would rather live by the sith code. It encourages us to live up to our full potential and not under reach. While the jedi code teaches us to.... uhm... Not have emotions, not to care about things and to think everyone in the galaxy has good within them.

Laying onto that, Revan and the foundry. The republic and jedi did try to commit a massive genocide, Saresh is a crazy warmonger, i mean the republic are not good guys. And in every jedi storyline every time you say "The republic does something bad" the jedis just reply "its our job to do whatever they want without thinking independently or critically"

So yeah, the jedi support everything the republic does, and the republic does alot more evil stuff than the empire. Truth to be told, the Empire does kill civilians and prisoners. But they have never done something on the scale of Revan's attempted genocide.

At the risk of just sounding like someone who can't think of an original idea. I think the SuperCarlinBrothers did two excellent videos on why the sith code is just a much better code to live by and why the jedi are really just a bunch of hypocrites.

I do recommend you check them out.

But overall, thats just my opinion, and as you can probably see by my signature i might be a little biased.

Yes love is a good thing but let me explain this to you like this;

If someone does something bad to your wife u would get angry and try to get revenge. While u are angry u may not think clearly and as results of that u may get killed because of a mistake u done during a fight. Jedi must enter into a war with a clear mind so they will be able think every detail and act according to that.

There is no emotion, there is peace: emotions may prevent you from thinking clearly.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge: Jedi values everything in the galaxy. They believe that everything has a purpose so they try to learn them. This is why jedi library is full of information and a lot bigger than sith library.

There is no passion, there is serenity: Passions may prevent u from your duty.

There is no chaos, there is harmony: No need to explain this i suppose...

There is no death, there is the Force: Its pretty same with christian, muslim etc beliefs. When u die u become one with the force. In this case you may think force as god or spirit etc.

btw listen this if u need more information;

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:AlternateJediCode-JJTM.ogg

Edited by uzayadam

Oh also forgot to say that, even the grand master doesnt follows jedi code. Jedi 'might' be good but even their grand master satele shan has a son who is working at SIS at republic. (U can see it at revan expansion.)

So yeah...

Edit: Forgot to mention that there are exceptions for marriage in jedi order. Ki-Adi-Mundi had been approved for marriage by the jedi council because his species was about to extinct in the galaxy. There are some exceptions like this i suppose so everything is open to discussion. Jedi says that everyone is equal but they make exceptions such like this.

Edit2: Check this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Code

Edited by uzayadam

Long story not short: Deny it or not, most of us would rather live by the sith code. It encourages us to live up to our full potential and not under reach. While the jedi code teaches us to.... uhm... Not have emotions, not to care about things and to think everyone in the galaxy has good within them.

Laying onto that, Revan and the foundry. The republic and jedi did try to commit a massive genocide, Saresh is a crazy warmonger, i mean the republic are not good guys. And in every jedi storyline every time you say "The republic does something bad" the jedis just reply "its our job to do whatever they want without thinking independently or critically"

So yeah, the jedi support everything the republic does, and the republic does alot more evil stuff than the empire. Truth to be told, the Empire does kill civilians and prisoners. But they have never done something on the scale of Revan's attempted genocide.

At the risk of just sounding like someone who can't think of an original idea. I think the SuperCarlinBrothers did two excellent videos on why the sith code is just a much better code to live by and why the jedi are really just a bunch of hypocrites.

But overall, thats just my opinion, and as you can probably see by my signature i might be a little biased.

I, for one, would much rather follow a relaxed Jedi Code than the Sith Code which basically allow anything from theft to murder, gleefully waving hello to torture, slavery, sociopathy, and more on the way there.

The Sith Code basically claims that if I'm richer than my neighbor and he doesn't like that, it's okay for him to bash my door open, kill the sh** out of me, write "Poop" and "Fu**" on my walls with my still fresh blood, strangle my kids with my ripped out intestines because he is free to do what he wants.

I'm going full hyperbolic here but the Sith Code is a terrible way to live. Never giving yourself limits is the best way to completely overstep the boundaries society accepts as normal. As used to be said: "My freedom ends where another one's begin."

The Jedi Code from the SWTOR era and the prequels is bad and hypocritical because it ignores many of the positive aspects that come from emotions. Luke's New Jedi Order actually has it right, since Jedi are allowed to marry (Even amongst themselves) and doesn't preclude them following their passions as long as they don't go overboard and hurt people with their powers.

Mentonning Revan is hilarious because the genocide he attempts happens after 300 years of mental mind rape by Vitiate, leaving him a broken wreck led by his own darkness (With his light side uselessly flailing to get it's attention) and a philosophy that is far more "Sith" than "Jedi.".

And I watched those two videos. It's a waste of time. Because it pretends that the Sith philosophy is better for everyone when it's only better for the individual and creates conflict.

The Jedi code is a guideline. Jedi are allowed emotions this is a common misconception people have. You ever see Jedi laugh? That's an emotion. Do you ever see a Jedi sad or mourn the loss of a comrade? Look to Yoda in the clone wars when the Jedi were dying. The Jedi teach compassion and you can't have compassion without emotion. Also the Jedi do not expect others to live by their code. Their code is for Jedi only and they don't force it on others. So if you lived in the republic it wouldn't be something you expect to live by.

The code exists because Jedi "Have" to be held to higher standards than normal human beings. We're dealing with people he could use the force to do horrible things. Not to mention the dark side IS real and it does have a corrupting influence. Using negative emotions to fuel it does tempt you and the Darth Bane series describes it as akin to a drug. The more you use it the more pull it has on you. You even feel crappy not giving into it and less "alive" the more you give in the more alive you feel.

So the Jedi remove everything that can tempt someone to the dark side. This is for good reason. There was a time the Jedi were more relaxed about their code. It lead to the thousand year war and the hundred years of darkness. Which then lead to the rise of the Sith.

I, for one, would much rather follow a relaxed Jedi Code than the Sith Code which basically allow anything from theft to murder, gleefully waving hello to torture, slavery, sociopathy, and more on the way there.

The Sith Code basically claims that if I'm richer than my neighbor and he doesn't like that, it's okay for him to bash my door open, kill the sh** out of me, write "Poop" and "Fu**" on my walls with my still fresh blood, strangle my kids with my ripped out intestines because he is free to do what he wants.

I'm going full hyperbolic here but the Sith Code is a terrible way to live. Never giving yourself limits is the best way to completely overstep the boundaries society accepts as normal. As used to be said: "My freedom ends where another one's begin."

The Jedi Code from the SWTOR era and the prequels is bad and hypocritical because it ignores many of the positive aspects that come from emotions. Luke's New Jedi Order actually has it right, since Jedi are allowed to marry (Even amongst themselves) and doesn't preclude them following their passions as long as they don't go overboard and hurt people with their powers.

Mentonning Revan is hilarious because the genocide he attempts happens after 300 years of mental mind rape by Vitiate, leaving him a broken wreck led by his own darkness (With his light side uselessly flailing to get it's attention) and a philosophy that is far more "Sith" than "Jedi.".

And I watched those two videos. It's a waste of time. Because it pretends that the Sith philosophy is better for everyone when it's only better for the individual and creates conflict.

Great point!

IFFFFFFF

Revan had done it himself. But the republic sent an entire battle fleet to defend the foundry. Im not bashing Revan, im bashing the republic and the jedi.

They sent thousands of soldiers to defend Revans plans of genocide, so i would say its a pretty good point. Revan tried to commit genocide, the Senate was like "Heeeellllsss yeeeeeah" and the Jedi, who can't disobey the Senate because they have forbidden to think critically or interdependently, just followed along and defended Genocide.

As they say "The only thing necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing" and the jedi do nothing.

Also, i would disagree. If you read the sith code LITERALLY then yes, it would be horrible, but you shouldn't read it literally just like you shouldn't read the bible literally or the Quran literally.

The sith code is much more about fighting your inner conflict.

The eternal battle between democracy vs unity. Politics vs obedience. "All for one, one for all" vs "If you want to get a job done, do it yourself".

Honestly, the sith code is much more about reaching your full potential and from that point crush those who try to undermine you. The sith are horrible people despite their code, not because of it.

Never does the code say "Through passion I SLAUGHTER EVERYONE I SEE MWAHHAHAHAHAHHA"

The sith being terrible people is much more a result of extreme paranoia and the fact that they don't trust each other. You cant really blame that on the sith code.

If we are comparing the sith and jedi code than the sith code is better.

The jedi code forbids emotions. I doesn't say "Don't let emotions cloud your judgement" no no no, it literally says "NO EMOTIONS"

It doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

If you were to follow the sith code you would learn how to do thing yourself, how to stop relying on others and how to reach your full potential.

While the jedi code tries to teach everyone to become apathetic mindless robots that follow the senate every word without using their own brain.

A more relaxed Jedi code might be the utopia. But the jedi code as it stands in SWTOR is not relaxed.

We are not arguing what if, we are arguing what is actually happening.

And in actuality the jedi code sucks, don't say "Well it could be good" that's not what we are arguing.

On an over arching level the jedis are extremely arrogant as a result of their code. Just watch episode 3, Mace Windu disagrees with Palpatine and therefore tries to kill him.

Sure Palpatine was calling for the extinction of the Jedi, but that's democracy. If the majority of the Republic wanted the jedi gone, then that is democracy. Windu can't just kill politicans he disagrees with.

But that's what the jedis do, they usually kill people just because they dislike them. The jedis are not better than the sith, they are pretty much two sides of the same coin, only difference is that the Sith are honest about it and don't try blindly follow every command.

The Jedi code is a guideline. Jedi are allowed emotions this is a common misconception people have. You ever see Jedi laugh? That's an emotion. Do you ever see a Jedi sad or mourn the loss of a comrade? Look to Yoda in the clone wars when the Jedi were dying. The Jedi teach compassion and you can't have compassion without emotion. Also the Jedi do not expect others to live by their code. Their code is for Jedi only and they don't force it on others. So if you lived in the republic it wouldn't be something you expect to live by.

The code exists because Jedi "Have" to be held to higher standards than normal human beings. We're dealing with people he could use the force to do horrible things. Not to mention the dark side IS real and it does have a corrupting influence. Using negative emotions to fuel it does tempt you and the Darth Bane series describes it as akin to a drug. The more you use it the more pull it has on you. You even feel crappy not giving into it and less "alive" the more you give in the more alive you feel.

So the Jedi remove everything that can tempt someone to the dark side. This is for good reason. There was a time the Jedi were more relaxed about their code. It lead to the thousand year war and the hundred years of darkness. Which then lead to the rise of the Sith.

Most jedis don't have a choice though. Most people are taken to the academy at the age of what, 5?

Don't get me wrong, i have never denied that the sith are bad people. But at least they are honest about them being bad.

The jedis talk on and on and on about "We dream of a galaxy in peace where there are free hugs for everyone!" but then aid the republic in plans of genocide.

The sole reason the Sith order was created was because the jedi refused to let other opinions in.

In their mind there is only one right opinion. If you are not one of their mindless apathetic robots then you are a "dark" jedi and they exile you.

They can't deal with other people and other opinions. Say what you will about the sith, but death doesn't discriminate. I mean just look at the founders of the sith order, they did it because they were exiled by the jedis because they had emotions.

Emotions are a real thing, and its ignorant denying them. The jedi don't pick the live their lives as celibate protectors of corrupt politicians, the are forced into it at a very young age.

Why?

Because the jedi know that no one adult with common sense would deny things such as emotions or connections to others.

Which brings me back to this.

The Jedi are extremely hypocritical. "Love is forbidden! NO LOVE! Anakin you love Padmé? Sorry, you can't! You really do love her? Well then why did you agree to live a life in celibate at the age of 10?"

And than they go on to have children and ****.

I mean the whole reason that Anakin turned dark was because he was forbidden to love the woman he loved.

The anti-emotion thing is not helping the jedis, its hurting them. Its because of it that the Republic died and the Empire was created.

But nope, the jedi are authoritative and refuse to do anything new, they will just keep emotions banned. Why? Because **** you thats why.

Luke changed it int he EU, we'll see if that's still the case.

Though, in TOR time, it doesn't look like all their members come to them at an early age.

Though when do you think is the best time to start training a force user? "Oh hey, you have the force, but you're still to young to learn our ways so, we'll let you wait."

*Young force user having a tantrum force chokes the room to death*

"Maaaaaaybe we should have taught you our ways BEFORE that happened."

There's a saying, "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." When one tends to have a huge advantage over others like force users do, one tends to become a bully, but even if they don't, that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of windows open for one upset force user accidently killing someone.

Now you might think, in RL, but this is a galaxy far far away from a long time ago, that had plenty of condoning of killing bigger threats purely for the honor of defeating a bigger threat...on both sides of the fraction line.

And yes, the Sith really are evil. The Empire is evil. If part of your promotion process involves take the place of your superior because they were killed for failing or their superior just had a bad day, then you're evil.

Most jedis don't have a choice though. Most people are taken to the academy at the age of what, 5?

Don't get me wrong, i have never denied that the sith are bad people. But at least they are honest about them being bad.

The jedis talk on and on and on about "We dream of a galaxy in peace where there are free hugs for everyone!" but then aid the republic in plans of genocide.

The sole reason the Sith order was created was because the jedi refused to let other opinions in.

In their mind there is only one right opinion. If you are not one of their mindless apathetic robots then you are a "dark" jedi and they exile you.

They can't deal with other people and other opinions. Say what you will about the sith, but death doesn't discriminate. I mean just look at the founders of the sith order, they did it because they were exiled by the jedis because they had emotions.

Emotions are a real thing, and its ignorant denying them. The jedi don't pick the live their lives as celibate protectors of corrupt politicians, the are forced into it at a very young age.

Why?

Because the jedi know that no one adult with common sense would deny things such as emotions or connections to others.

Which brings me back to this.

The Jedi are extremely hypocritical. "Love is forbidden! NO LOVE! Anakin you love Padmé? Sorry, you can't! You really do love her? Well then why did you agree to live a life in celibate at the age of 10?"

And than they go on to have children and ****.

I mean the whole reason that Anakin turned dark was because he was forbidden to love the woman he loved.

The anti-emotion thing is not helping the jedis, its hurting them. Its because of it that the Republic died and the Empire was created.

But nope, the jedi are authoritative and refuse to do anything new, they will just keep emotions banned. Why? Because **** you thats why.

This shows a gross misunderstanding of the Jedi. Especially the part I bolded. The Jedi followed Ashla back then which was the name they gave for the light side. Some Jedi followed Bogan which was the dark side. The Jedi found the followers of Bogan worrying but they allowed them their place at the temple. The Jedi were not closed off to new ideas or new opinions. The followers of Bogan decided that they wanted more power and that the other Jedi were essentially "doing it wrong." they believed the Jedi should have the right to subjugate other species. They had the power to do so why not? The Jedi were opposed to this so the followers of Bogan decided to wage war on the Jedi order.

It was the Jedi letting people practice the dark side that led to the Dark Jedi and eventually the Sith. The Jedi were actually more open minded than the dark side followers because they just couldn't share power (hence why most Sith kill each other) and yes most people are taken at five because of the aforementioned problems with the dark side. Force sensitives can cause terrible destruction and chaos if left unchecked. Also the Jedi don't support Republic genocide but they do support the republic. During the great hyperspace war the republic wanted to destroy the Sith species down to the last Sith. The Jedi opposed of this idea and the republic essentially told the Jedi they wouldn't do it (then did it anyway) which is what lead to the events (thousands of years later) to the Sith returning for revenge.

Revan was not acting in accordance to the council. Nor were the Jedi that followed him. They were extreme members that weren't acting in according to their teachings at the Jedi temple. Revan has a long history of this an many times went off and convinced other Jedi to follow him in his vision. Jedi do have emotions. I already proved that incorrect with examples. The Jedi do not teach you to not have emotions but to control them. Which you have to given how seductive and corrupting the dark side is. The problem is you ignore how corrupting the dark side is and how easily it affects people and twists them into something else.

The Jedi are so strict because they have to be. The Dark Side demands it. Also if Anakin was found to be in love he wouldn't have been kicked from the order by the way. The Jedi are taught not to fall in love but very few Jedi actually forbid it (there's some masters that do) but even in SWTOR.. Theron Shan? Is Satele's son. Also Obi Wan had a few flings as well. Anakin kept it a secret instead of coming to the Jedi about it. Anakin didn't even tell Obi Wan who would have actually understood.

As for the second bold.. please read up on the timeline. They were exiled because they tried destroying the Jedi Order.

When judging the Jedi and their code, it's important to remember that they don't force it on everyone they meet. Yes, we know that the Jedi are legally empowered to take children as initiates even if their parents say no; however, it's not ever stated that this happens often. And joining the Jedi isn't necessarily a lifetime commitment. There are plenty of examples of people simply leaving the Jedi order if they can't along with its philosophy; see

Guss Tuno, Ardun Kothe, Jolee Bindo, Zayne Carrick, Count Dooku

The Sith drag everyone with Force potential into their academy, expecting most to die there - and they will kill you for so much as questioning whether their code is right. You might argue that the Sith code in the abstract is a good way to live your life (accept no limitations, answer to no-one), but if you're a non-Force sensitive in the Empire, the Sith won't even allow you to live by that code: freedom is reserved for the chosen few, and you are allowed no higher aspiration than wearing a nice uniform and saying "yes sir" to your rightful superiors.