Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvErs leave PvP alone

Airoper

ok i love GW2 ive played it so much on you tube it must be the best since its free 2 play & im poor oh wait what you mean i have to buy a patch dam back to food stamps for me!

hmmm wounder if ill get a jump button in this 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol GW2 free to play garbage which makes you buy patchs i tried the 1st guild wars i quit when i found out i didnt have a jump botton!

Keep dreaming buddy. You have no idea about GW2. That game looks absolutely amazing and is only related to the first by name and lore.

when did i say i didnt play for fun getting rewared for my time is fun just like payday!

The difference is that payday is the reward. The pay. The job's not fun. When you play a game (well, when I play a GAME), I think of having fun. Of course I'm considerate and think of others. I don't believe that I'm an elite veteran, therefore I should have moar epicerr lewtzz.

I edited my post, but I'll say it again; I'm okay with rewards - as long as they won't affect your ability in the future. More content, better looking things, but not a statistical advantage. Want a video-game example? Valor, xp, comms, all of that don't affect any of your abilities. Your bolstered. Your rank in CoD won't affect anything. It will, however, affect the gear you have access too, and the gear is what gives you an advantage. Maybe if the gear was aesthetic, or helped in some other way that didn't hurt others. You have to know - that money you have from payday won't hurt anyone. The advantage you have in PvP will.

Edited by Zunayson

ok i love GW2 ive played it so much on you tube it must be the best since its free 2 play & im poor oh wait what you mean i have to buy a patch dam back to food stamps for me!

hmmm wounder if ill get a jump button in this 1

Na, trust me, you won't like it, it's not made for 'PVP'ers' (i use that term very, very loosely) that need gear to make up for their lack of skills.

:eek:

Edited by Jebi

Don't compare GW2 to this game, their closest similarities are their camera angle and ASDW movement.

This just in: Free to play business models with micro-transactions are unsuccessful. Jk League of Legends I just spent 500 dollars on skins!

Ya your both wrong. Best gear in Daoc was TOA gear. was a gring to get it and a grind to level it up. As for the battlegrounds there are pvp sets for each one you buy with rank and commendations that you mod out. Crafting gear was only best early Daoc. The games all about gear and min/max now. Just like WoW is. Just like Realm Rank sets in Warhammer as well. Just like Tier pvp sets in Rift. It's in all the top mmo pvp games.

Only people that ever really cried were liberal pvers. Kinda like the real world, always wanting something takin away from somebody because they dont have it. Welcome to the spoiled "gimmie" generation.

Don't compare GW2 to this game, their closest similarities are their camera angle and ASDW movement.

Thank god for for that!!!

This just in: Free to play business models with micro-transactions are unsuccessful.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01/06/turbine-lotro-revenue-tripled-since-going-f2p/

Must be why guild wars and TF2 were such flops as well.

A wise man once asked: "You mad bro?"

Edited by Jebi

DAOC crafted gear = gear grind no difference then a geared player vs a non geared player = rewared for putting the time in to get the gear

Big difference actually, just because someone was "geared" didn't give them an advantage the size of the san andreas faultline like BM gear does over everything else.

In DaoC sure if you were geared, advantage was....actually noones since the gear was often for sale cheaply on the respective realm markets so anyone could get it, not tied to the select few that lucked out with an RNG aspect and farmed lowbies for the best part of the month.

Do you know how advantage was played in DaoC? Realm Ranks.

Better Realm Rank = More utility, thus you had more tools for every occasion in RvR, again this didn't mean if you reached the Dizzy heights of RR13L+ that you would be suddenly much more difficult to kill, it just meant you now had better tools to swing things in your favor.

Gear doesn't equal skill, never has, never will.....If gear equalled skill then why on Jedi Covenant do the 10-49 WZ's get constantly dominated by republic (even against the premade imp reroll teams) yet when we get into the 50's bracket, lo and behold empire wins it all?

Did something magically occur that boosted there skill level suddenly in the 50 bracket?

No! it's called gear imbalance, often proven when there premade BM team ends up against one of the republic premade BM teams, they either stop queueing so we end up with Rep v Rep huttball or leave out of the WZ and try to get in another against a PUG.

This isn't saying all Empire players are bad players that are reliant on gear, but there is definately a lot of them that are crutching on the imbalance and really are scared of what will come to pass if the gaping issue was to be fixed.

Ya your both wrong. Best gear in Daoc was TOA gear. was a gring to get it and a grind to level it up. As for the battlegrounds there are pvp sets for each one you buy with rank and commendations that you mod out. Crafting gear was only best early Daoc. The games all about gear and min/max now. Just like WoW is. Just like Realm Rank sets in Warhammer as well. Just like Tier pvp sets in Rift. It's in all the top mmo pvp games.

Only people that ever really cried were liberal pvers. Kinda like the real world, always wanting something takin away from somebody because they dont have it. Welcome to the spoiled "gimmie" generation.

DAOC today is nothing remotely like the real DAOC, TOA was death of Daoc, an everyone knows that. Making it so you could go form 8 months to hit cap down to under 24 hours was laughable, as they did in CATA.

I am anything but the gimmi generation, half of this lot were about 10 when I played DAOC.

There has not been a pvp game since death of DAOC itself.

Most of us switched to the Classic servers where the best armor was crafted Dragon stuff with the procs enchantments.

The ToA servers kinda died off when they brought the classic servers out because everyone hated ToA with a passion, the lesson should have been learned about gear imbalances there.

cant wait for GW2 all the noobs should leave for the F2P carebear love feast. dont know why they post if they going to GW2 good riddins to bad rubbish

+

going afk for 3 months will be back if they fix class balance / Premade vs premade / cross server WZs if not no point in comming back its Warhammer online all over again!

x

lthey wont fix anything so meh have fun with your broken game

= troll.

Edited by Jebi

i see alot of post & threads "gear in PvP takes away skill" etc.

No endgame PvP gear = PvPers will find a new game which rewards their time

"The skill is your reward" are you serious id like to see how long PvErs Raid for with out loot drops from bosses!

"Its not fair i PvP & die" really who would have thought that you could die in PvP?

"full BM are to hard to kill" i think thats the point of ranking up you valour to not DIE

"Thiis game favours gear over skill" welcome to the real world the 1 with the biggest stick wins, you wouldnt take a spoon to a gun fight!

the list goe all all i see from these types of posts is

"I SPEND MY LIFE RAIDING & GETTING ENDGAME PVE GEAR. PLEASE TAKE AWAY PVPers GEAR SO I CAN DO EVERYTHING & NOT LEARN HOW TO PVP CAUSE I DIE IN PVP SO IT MUST BE THEIR GEAR CAUSE PVP TAKES NO SKILL!

CAUSE I THINK I HAVE SKILL BUT I DIE SO MAKE IT EASY FOR ME TO ROLL PVPers IN MY PVE GEAR!

The funny thing to me is in swtor you can get gear through pvp for pve and it is better then the pve gear you can get of = rating just with expertise on it. except for the rakata gear there fixing that soon supposedly. and to be honest i pve and pvp because obviously my guilds not on all the time to pve as much as i would like we raid 2 days a week and i sure as hell dont take my pve gear into pvp..

your just asking to get QQWTFROLFSTOMPED if you goto 50 pvp in pve gear. because 1 the guy/girl with more expertise is gonna face roll you easy. Also getting the pvp gear is by no means easy i would honestly say its harder to get then the pve gear and requires much more knowledge and skill in your class other wise you just going to die over and over and get little to no commendations.

You defiantly cant just sit in one spot and hope to stay alive you nubs that sit on the second level or try to tracer missile spam your my first target i go for in pvp because i know you have no idea what your doing. interrupt on tracer or stun for a moment and you spas out.

Edit: i see some of you posters saying how imbalanced the BM gear is well guess what its not exactly easy to hit 60 valor especially if theres little to no illum pvp battles going on 600-1000 valor per warzone so 20-45 warzones per 50-60 valor level... so ya..

this is like the talks people used to have back in vanilla wow about how raiders had all the best gear blah blah blah blah blah.. you know what put the time in, grow the fk up and quit your QQ bs honestly the gears there for every one to get you just have to put the time and effort in.

Edited by Urieaal

People are dellusional if they think there is no sort of progession in guild wars 2 and are taking up all the marketing skill based slang hook line and sinker.

Sure you might do alright initially but theres no way you'll be as good as a well developed character with 10 times the amount of skills to choose from. All that is removed is a gear stat increase, and would be somewhat comparable to the 10-49wz we have in swtor. Sure you might do alright at times on your lvl 11 whatever, but your going to get destroyed repeatedly by anyone who can play their class half correctly.

Step 1: Remove the expertise stat ( or don't, but if you don't, skip step 2)

Step 2: make the gear earned from pvp have a lot of endurance and A little bit of the other tanking/healing/DPS stats that are required for successful PvE.

Step 3: Make a new blue set of pvp gear purchasable with WZ commendation and available to be equpied at pvp rank 10 and Level 50, but purchasable at ANY LEVEL!

Step 4: Remove the random bags and make all current gear purchasable by war zone/Centurion/Champion/BM commendations.

Step 5: Make each commendation purchasable with some larger number of the lower tier commendation.

Step 6: Provide access to better tiers of gear based on valor ranks, and make the higher ranks of gear cost the proper pvp commendation with rank 10 being the first available pvp set as stated above.

Step 7: Turn Ilum into a smaller 16 vs 16 War zone and remove the garbage world pvp area.

This system includes:

A PvP progression rewarding people for time spent.

An intro set of pvp gear obtained at level 50 so that fresh 50's are not getting ROFL Stomped!

No RNG Factor.

Easily able to be adjusted for new Tiers of pvp gear.

A New War zone.

I am not a videogame developer, but that seems rather simple to me.

Edited by Baneberry

Step 1: Remove the expertise stat

Step 2: make the gear earned from pvp have a lot of endurance and A little bit of the other tanking/healing/DPS stats that are required for successful PvE.

Step 3: Make a new blue set of pvp gear purchasable with WZ commendation and available at pvp rank 10 and Level 50, but purchasable at ANY LEVEL!

Step 4: Remove the random bags and make all current gear purchasable by war zone/Centurion/Champion/BM commendations.

Step 5: Make each commendation purchasable with some larger number of the lower tier commendation.

Step 6: Provide access to better tiers of gear based on valor ranks, and make the higher ranks of gear cost the proper pvp commendation.

Step 7: Turn Ilum into a smaller 16 vs 16 War zone and remove the garbage world pvp area.

This system includes:

A PvP progression rewarding people for time spent.

An intro set of pvp gear obtained at level 50 so that fresh 50's are not getting ROFL Stomped!

No RNG Factor.

Easily able to be adjusted for new Tiers of pvp gear.

A New War zone.

I am not a videogame developer, but that seems rather simple to me.

Well put

The funny thing to me is in swtor you can get gear through pvp for pve and it is better then the pve gear you can get of = rating just with expertise on it. except for the rakata gear there fixing that soon supposedly. and to be honest i pve and pvp because obviously my guilds not on all the time to pve as much as i would like we raid 2 days a week and i sure as hell dont take my pve gear into pvp..

your just asking to get QQWTFROLFSTOMPED if you goto 50 pvp in pve gear. because 1 the guy/girl with more expertise is gonna face roll you easy. Also getting the pvp gear is by no means easy i would honestly say its harder to get then the pve gear and requires much more knowledge and skill in your class other wise you just going to die over and over and get little to no commendations.

You defiantly cant just sit in one spot and hope to stay alive you nubs that sit on the second level or try to tracer missile spam your my first target i go for in pvp because i know you have no idea what your doing. interrupt on tracer or stun for a moment and you spas out.

Ok, my Guardian has 400+ expertise, mostly Champ geared.

If I come against a fresh 50 or someone with a few pieces of Champ or Cent, I walk all over them.

If I come against a BM geared 50, I get absolutely destroyed, no chance in hell of ever fighting back since I tickle them.

It's no so much class disparity you can tell that much from the 10-49's (there are disparities but nothing majorly game breaking just a lot of frustrating stuff like CC's going through resolve occasionally, Tracer/Grav having too much utility and Sorc/Sage bubble being a little too strong)

It's gear and how much of a gap it creates.

Again, noone is saying gear should not grant an advantage, they are saying gear shouldn't be so much of a deciding factor that it becomes Gear > Skill.

The easiest way to fix this is to drop the damage and healing bonus from expertise and keep the defence bonus only, if they have to adjust the stats a little bit, so be it.

But right now Expertise is way out of wack, scales far too hard and generally makes 50's PvP an extremely unpleasant experience.

I still for the life of me, don't understand what possessed Bioware to put so many advantages on a single stat, it's bewildering.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.