Gunslingers are overpowered.

EscVelocity

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People cry about Sorc. and OPS being OP. But seriously the hardest guys to kill in Huttball are the Snipers / Gunslingers. If they know how to play their class and camp out on the platforms, they can be near impossible to kill. Massive damage output, multiple stuns. AOE knock back with root. Can't force leap behind cover. When played right this class can decimate their opponents.

But then again, at the root of every Nerf cry is a poor noob who got owned.

Gunslingers are the most underpowered class with the least defense in the game. If you have comparable gear, you are doing more damage. Period.

I don't think "underpowered" and "least" mean what you think they do... that or you are completely ignorant of the class. They have medium armor, 3 charge 15% damage absorb every time they got into cover, group wide 20% damage reduction. They are not interruptable, they are not CC'able nearly half the time. They have 2 knockbacks, one of which is arguable the most powerful in the game and roots people to boot. They have a second ranged root. They have a stun, interrupt and an AoE blind.

They also do the most single target damage out of any AC. Underpowered? Absolutely *********** not. SWTOR's best kept secret? Yea probably.

Sad attempt at trying to keep attention away from grav/tracer. Lets hear the op lie now about "actually I'm a gunslinger" dur dur.

nah, powertech.

I'll just use my grapple and jet charge on them.. oh wait, shield.

hmm guess I'll use my knockback abi- oh wait, there is none :(

Edited by EscVelocity

nah, powertech.

I'll just use my grapple and jet charge on them.. oh wait, shield.

hmm guess I'll use my knockback abi- oh wait, there is none :(

since you didn't respond to my earlier question, here it is again...

WHAT LEVEL ARE YOU?

i am a lv17 sniper and i can piss people off. its all about using the right skills at right time.

sometimes people get so mad i literraly have like the whole enemy team on me while my team scores lmao.

get close and personal with slinger/sniper and they won't survive long unless they have guard, taunts on you, million buffs on them.

I'm also 22 yrs old, male, in a relationship.

right now i'm wearing blue jeans and a white tank top.

any other q's i'm here for a while

cool story bro...

then you suck if you are getting wrecked by the few MM snipers that actually still play after 50, especially if you are a TANK!

go read the sniper boards, and tell me what the majority of the snipers are doing at 50 because of tanks... they're respeccing...

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=65

i would have agreed with you if you were L1-49 and getting wrecked, but with expertise and gear after 50, the damage mitigation tones our damage down a bit because of all the damage checks...

Telling the truth i'm tired of such stupid threads. "Nerf, NERF THEM!111 Battle Masters kill my naked centurion *** with 3 blasts OMG1112311 NERF" The only one who must be nerfed is Ops and scoundrels - they've been nerfed already and it's ok now.

Snipers and smuggs are supposed to kill fast. Doters dot them and hide and they just die ticking. As for me i just burst them in my gunnery and they simply die before my shield goes down. The end of story. L2p and get better gear,,, and don't stand watching them when they're focusing you.

Please nerf them. They can 3 - 4 shot any other class without criticals.

Us gunslingers can do some nasty burst damage BUT were squishy as hell... we truly are the class cannon..... Marauders tear me a new one... Also have a hell of a time killing Tank specs thanks to there huge pool of Health...

If I do bust damage on say a sorc who has a shield up my first 2 shots are worthless as there absorbed, after that I usually run out of energy before I get them below 30% health at which point they just run off and heal...

Anyways Gunslingers are only dangerous if you ignore them... A good player goes after them first...

I can't believe i actually saw someone post gunslingers are Op...

More to be the other way round, they need a serious look at and possibly slightly boosted.

I play a lv50 sniper and I can tell you we have a hard time staying alive and are usually at the top in "deaths" in wz's.

If you are a melee, yes you will take some heavy damage while running to us, but once you actually get to us, its game over for us.

If youre ranged, use Dots, or spam rockets/missiles as a commando/merc and heal throughtout a fight.

My auto attack instagibs Sorcerers and I catch Tracer Missiles in my teeth.

True story.

I just run around tossing grenades like an epileptic at a rave. Sabslinger ftw. 10k crits even on my flash grenade.

We must be related. My defense screen blocks 3000% and turns sorcerer lightning into rainbow beams.

XS hits for 2.6k crits tops, in full champion gear... Get out of the fire :p

The shield mitigates 20% of pew pew damage

lol...

That's only the large AoE shield that mitigates 20% damage. Our mobile cover adds 20% to ranged white attack defense, so basically it only works against snipers/gunslingers. Absolutely useless against melee/practically everyone else.