New Star Wars Movie...if you could...

Gantoris_Aym

Stop hoping for Lucas's death.

And most prestige directors have too much respect for Lucas or Sci-Fi Fantasy isn't their style.

Who's hoping for his death? Those are the only two ways a Star wars movie gets made. I'm only stating the necessary cause for another SW movie.

Who's hoping for his death? Those are the only two ways a Star wars movie gets made. I'm only stating the necessary cause for another SW movie.

But you want another star wars movie badly, and you stated the only cause for that to happen is for Lucas to die.

They'll probably adapt one of the existing novels, or a trilogy of novels. There's precedent for that aka Lord of the Rings, 300, Harry Potter, etc.

But it'll never happen, I heard that George Lucas has a clause in his will which stipulates that his heirs lose everything if they allow the franchise to continue or be sold to another. And like the above poster said, it'll be many years before the IP is in the public domain, I think it's 70 years, actually. So we'll all be as dead as George Lucas by then.

However he'll do one more Indiana Jones for sure, which Harrison Ford has agreed to come back to, unlike a seventh Star Wars movie continuing the story from VI which can't really happen without him.

I want a completely new story set after the events of episodes 4,5,6. But with the stipulation that none of the characters of 4, 5, 6 be allowed into it.

A war film, something about how in the absence of evil the force will tear the universe apart (and consequently create a new stronger form of evil).

Well if we're going to pipe-dream new Star Wars films, for me the ideal would be Lucas stays alive, has a great enough idea for a new trilogy to pull him out of SW "retirement," and he makes them. For my money nobody can touch George Lucas when it comes to Star Wars.

The Starkiller story is still unfinished and I do think it still has a lot of potential.

With Kota, Vader, The Emperor and Starkiller himself ofcourse.

This whole event takes place before or even meanwhile Luke getting trained by Obi-Wan and Yoda.

I'd like this because it adds depth for already existing characters and actally show them with modern day technology.

Edited by Meadore

But you want another star wars movie badly, and you stated the only cause for that to happen is for Lucas to die.

Badly? you're assuming unstate premises. don't put words in my mouth. And how else would a SW movie be allowed to be made? also I didn't only say that he died. So don't Omit things I said to prove your point. Read it again. There is no bias and there is nothing Implicit about it.

and even if that was all i said you're still drawing your own conclusion.

also, Ridley Scott would be Awesome for the SW universe.

There aren't a whole lot of good directors left with big budget experience, but for my money:

Ron Howard.

Bonus: Clint Howard in Star Wars.

As for plot I honestly don't care as long as they don't stomp roughshod over the existing EU.

hahahaha The Ice Cream Man, his best Movie EVER!

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

I think the SW series needs a little more.... Mad Max in its blood.

Therefore, I propose a 7th movie about Darth Nihl specifically. Detailing the fall of the One Sith. Furthermore, he'd be retconned where necessary, and be a sort of anti-hero. Mad Max meets Lelouch Lamperouge.

It would be... so cool.

Director I'm not too fussed over. The guy who did Starship Troopers would be a decent choice.

And there would be... so much rage.

Edited by Force_Capitalism

I think the SW series needs a little more.... Mad Max in its blood.

Therefore, I propose a 7th movie about Darth Nihl specifically. Detailing the fall of the One Sith. Furthermore, he'd be retconned where necessary, and be a sort of anti-hero. Mad Max meets Lelouch Lamperouge.

It would be... so cool.

Director I'm not too fussed over. The guy who did Starship Troopers would be a decent choice.

And there would be... so much rage.

Ridley Scott's Bladerunner was a really dark movie that was shot so perfectly, so I really think he could capture the post ROTS pre ANH time period really well.

Wishful thinking wise, Thrawn trilogy.

How can you vote for this. I mean the Thrawn trilogy is GREAT apart from:

The fact that those books introduce anti-force-bubbles. They cannot exists and thus the book and it's story will completely fall. Anti-force bubbles are just SO fail and could/should never ever be a part of any SW universe.

Any attempt to make the books into movies would be futile. They would either fail horribly and alienate most fans OR they would have to rewrite a huge portion of the books.

''Fantasy mode on''

For Episode VII , VIII & IX :

Thrawn Trilogy, When i read it i hear the John Williams score... :)

20-40 episodes of 30 minutes (maybe animated) :

Tales of The Jedi series ( Kotor timeline) with Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun as highpoints

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Jedi

Also short TV movie ala Battlestar Galactica 2003 (3-4 H) of Dark Empire , After RoTJ (Animated)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Empire

Also Revan related stuff gives me goosebumps... (Kotor the game story, not the crap afterwards..)

Sorry , dont flame me , but for me personally,:

No clones, no jarjars, no fart jokes in 1 scene and 2 seconds later decapitations on screen, no ''omg people watching are idiots and we have to spoon fead every single scene'' , no kiddy irky ''love'' scenes and Playmobil ''Fall towards the darkside'' main character,

I mean the Throne Room on Death Star II above Endor with Vader, Emperor and Luke is brilliant, the subtle seduction game between Luke and The Emperor ,

So is the fall of Jacen Solo , i actually didnt see that one coming and felt sympathy and sadness when it did happen...

I also got it WHY and HOW he fell...Why he did what he did.

And finaly no retard emo '' No, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'' ruining the most important and pivotical scene in the saga..

Edited by lukdor