Micro-transaction Shop. Yay or Nay?

essell

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
no way, it's just a way for the company to make money from all the idiots buying overpriced digital items that costs them almost nothing to design and are usually just reskins of other items in game anyways. or if say the game went f2p, look at lotro...in that game you can't do anything unless you buy turbine points to get this or get that to remain competitive or just to enjoy the content of the game.

Nay, we will already pay to play.

You pay for Content A. If BioWare devotes some resources not from Content A budget to create Content B as microtransaction content, then you are not entitled to Content B and must pay for it if you want it.

Also, denying microtransactions just because is also pointless. If those microtransactions are just vanity, they could only have impact in: the people's wallet who bought the items and the ego of those who didn't but that want the content (same situation as CE, as most of you have survived to not having a CE).

It's only reasonable to say "Nay" once we dip into the the dark waters of "Microtransactions of non vanity items". Also known by some as "Pay to Win". But denying all possible microtransactions because of the theoretical possibility of some being "Pay to Win"? "Nay" to that.

I think micro transactions are a good idea.

You buy exactly what you want to buy ( no lumped together CE bundle ;) ), and pay for exactly what you want to pay for.

The funds from the transactions provide additional revenue to the developer, who can then use it to... develop more content for the game.

Win/Win

Go back to F2P games dude, which naturally become P2W (pay 2 win) and the quality sicks big time.

I used to like the F2P model, sounds awesome in theory but it only works for the publisher not for the players... and eventually all become pay to win.

Example of a game that will fail because of this greedy business model: The secret world.

it's like someone else wrote, driving your car on a long highway with toll booths every 2 miles.....!

Yes for things like speeders, companion looks, orange social items, pets etc. Spending 5$ or 10$ for some social stuff won't kill me.

It's funny that most ppl wil spend a lot of $$ in fast foods or buying beer and cigarets but 5$ for a mount? NEVER!!!

LithKaith just imagine that You are monthly paying for all beer you can drink. Will you pay more for same beer just in a different bottle?

No microtransactions while need of monthly payment.

So NAY

I was not talking about what you buy just how much money you spend on it. Btw no one will force you to buy this if it's just social stuff do they? But noooo <I'm not paying for that pet and you will not pay for it to> If you can't afrod that kind of money well I'm sorry for you.

Edited by LithKaith