The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Would you play an "offline" version of SWTOR (maybe for a lower monthly fee)?

TheRealDestian

If the dev is adding new single player content, why wouldn't you pay a small monthly fee?

They're called expansion packs, or DLC's, you buy them occasionally when they are released, for example Call of Duty Map packs.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah!

Its a GREAT game. I love the trooper story for instance. !Just got mah KILLER ROBOT and looking forward to interact with him. Build him parts etc.

My ONLY problem with SWOTOR at the moment is that I pay monthly fee for an MMO but have noone to play with. Hence me unsubbing. As a singleplayer game I'd gladly pay premium price and be done with it. Just a bit more loot and crafting though. Not many gear sets etc out there :(

The game itself, the story, the design the acting is all spot on. Its the only thing making leveling an alt on a populated server doable

This is supposed to be an MMO. It's advertised as an MMO. Why in blazes would we remove other players. It's already pathetic you never need them during the leveling process, why would you make it even worse.

We need there to be more grouped content not less. Go play mass effect.

I see players everywhere is almost annoying lol.

Errrrr...No

I would prefer the game to be a single player RPG divided into 8 expansion or chapters based on the current eight classes, maybe starting with the imperial agent arc and ending with the jedi knight killing the emporer.

The flashpoint and pvp content can be made available via a multiplayer option, Any additional flashpoints or pvp can be purchased separately as dlc or as part of each expansion. Obviously it shaln't be p2p but b2p.

My main grip with SWTOR is the questing can get tedious and being a single player game allow it to have a more streamline questing system and better graphics not the current cartoony graphics which is overused atm

Since SWTOR is allready out so all these suggestions is kind of invalid but i still loved this game and hoped BW continued to make expansions:)

Edited by Lefaras

I found the story in this game rather primitive and boring even compared with other Bioware games. After first walkthough its just a spacebar frenzy until 50 and then wz`s until i`ll be bored again. I`ll read books for stories and will pay for online games only.

How many folks here would like to play SWTOR as an offline game? Same stories, same world, just 0 players.

Would you be happier playing it offline with no other players around? Would you do so if it only cost $5 per month to play offline instead of $15? (to cover the development of new content)

Actually I would

Perfect setting for how this game is designed is single player game but if you launch via (i dont know) TORNET you can create upwards of 4 person multiplayer senarios where the entire game content changes to suit the number of players.

So 2 players, the entire universe, flashpoints, ops, everything is drawn for 2 players

3 players and toughness increases again

4 players and everything heroic mode and up

I actually said in closed beta this design would fit TOR amazingingly well

Just think Diablo but put TOR in instead.

I can understand the OP thoughts as i'm more of a solo based PvE player and on the whole dont have much interaction with other even in my guild unless really necessary. but no it wouldnt really work.

to make it work it would have to be two completely seperate games effectively a console version of the online MMO.

And for me it cant be a £5 a month thing just make it £35 to buy in the first place like other console games and leave it at that...

LOLOLOLOLOL

oh look a heroic 4. OH WAIT IM ON MY OWN. well im level 50 i guess i could sit in a pvp queue or look for a group. FOREVER.

im just kidding everything will be possible to do with just you and your companion only this time.. unlike any other game like oblivion or something where u just roam happily in a large open world.. except YOU'LL BE PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION. but don't worry op at least did state a "lower subscription" better still .. why not just roll call of duty style and release new full games that are the same game in every way just with a different look. and then bring out addons for those games that will end up making you pay the price of the game again!

this calls for a facepalm?

Edited by Donkeyhacks

The Idea actually has merit. Though I would change it a little bit, They could still make you log into the server, but make it a hybrid of the modern FPS/Diablo battle.net setup. You can play solo any time you want, or you can put together a group of friends in your own instance of the game to play Co-op for things like flashpoints and OPS. You could group up with as many as 16 friends or they could even allow up to 32 players for PVP into an instance of the game.

SO you could play the game solo for the most part, or you could group up with a specific group of friends and play the multiplayer parts of the game...

Crap I just realize that the game is already like this for the most part, Accept that on some servers there is not enough players to actually get 16 people together for an OPS.

Server merges/ Character transfers please!!

I do this anyway. Only other people are running around now and again. Maybe I should be a healer class then I might feel more involved/ abused.

edit: what is the most efficient healer anyway? I have no idea.

Edited by Zebede