I've Got to Ask... Smuggler Eye Patch?

Blue_Leader

I've been wondering this for a while and after all of my searching in-game and coming up with nothing I figured it's finally time to ask.

Has anyone found an eye patch, cybernetic eye, or something similar that just covers one eye that Smugglers can wear (and not just a Cyborg Smuggler)? I've been hoping to find one for my Twi'lek Smuggler but I've seen hide nor hair of any such thing. In the "Choose Your Side: Smuggler Vs. Sith Warrior" video it shows a Mirialan Smuggler with an eye patch, which gave me some hope that these indeed are available in-game, but it could be something that's not available to players yet (perhaps from the Legacy system) or just something only the devs have access to.

So I have to ask... has anyone found an eye patch armor item yet? If so, how do you get it?

I saw a moddable version of that headpiece graphic on the GTN the other day. I believe it was the RD-07A Viper Helmet - not sure where it came from.

its a random mid 40 drop. I think I got mine during a class quest on voss. But keep an eye on the GTN and you can get one.

I picked it up the RD-07a Viper 'helmet' from the GTN, here's what it looks like, so it must be lvl 43 or lower, I forget:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6816247771_250b61d0ac_b.jpg

Here's the look in cut scenes:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7013/6816409521_c971dea629_b.jpg

As you can see it looks great from a distance, but really a bit pixellated up close in the cut scenes, hopefully they will eventually give it a high res texture. It's still rather awesome :cool:

Edited by AstarielleUK

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a question (again) about the RD-07A helmet. Is it a random drop from enemies scattered around Hoth and Voss in the open, or the tougher enemies in the heroic zones of the map?

Or is this a reward from a class story quest?

I've been checking the GTN regularly and have yet to find the helmet (though I've seen pretty much every other Viper item on there). And so far I haven't looted one on Hoth.

Keep checking the GTN, too. I hadn't seen one in weeks until yesterday, when I bought one for 10k and saw another one go up an hour later.

I keep checking whenever I can. I really should just get one of my alts to level ten so they can get to the station and I can leave them there to check when I don't feel like doing all of the traveling. Heh.

I picked it up the RD-07a Viper 'helmet' from the GTN, here's what it looks like, so it must be lvl 43 or lower, I forget:

It's L38- I actually got one myself off DS-224 on Quesh, but it's a world drop item in any case. And yep, it's an eyepatch. Yarr. :)

It's L38- I actually got one myself off DS-224 on Quesh, but it's a world drop item in any case. And yep, it's an eyepatch. Yarr. :)

Huh, interesting. That may be my next stop then.

Though I wonder if there are different versions of this item? Because you say it's level 38, and on some of the wikis it says the same, but in the picture AstarielleUK posted it shows that it's a level 43 requirement . Hmm...

Either way, I haven't found one yet. I've been checking the GTN almost daily, and I've been killing ever 40+ silvery baddy on Hoth I can find. So far I've got nothin'. :t_tongue:

Edited by Blue_Leader

http://www.torhead.com/item/9N2wB3/rd-07a-viper-helmet - here it is on Torhead.

Guys, I've been consistently farming Hoth and Quesh for about 5 days, did all heroics, got about 40 rare orange drops and gave them away to collectors (including two pairs of the viper vambraces lol) but have not seen a sign of the eyepatch. I have never seen it on GTN, though check 5-6 times a day; you could see I have become quite obsessed now.

I'd like to ask 2 things of you fellow players:

- if you find it please post here the drop details (planet/mob/mob lvl);

- if u have it on Republic Kellian Jarro please sell it to any one of my chars for a hefty reward (scoundrel Vulpes, commando Thaddeus, vanguard Praeventores, guardian Armis).

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
Someone put one up for sake on my server for 8k earlier today, along with the viper boots. Already had viper jacket and pants. The boots, unfortunately, are from the thigh-high boot style that I'm not a huge fan of, and I'm more and more finding that going with the cyborg that has both eyes replaced with lenses was a bad call... but the eyepatch still looks pretty cool.