Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

What is Bioware planning to further promote guilds and group gameplay, specifically guild ships/fleets, operations, and area PvP (ie: Illum)?

Background:

I ask because we know a guild bank is coming, but everything else is on the "crazy board" for future implementation. I'd like to see some commitment towards providing in-game tools and mechanics to help guilds and casual PUGs. As it stands right now, mechanics for starting and LFGing flashpoints, PvP queuing/Illum, and operations is buggy, awkward, and downright cumbersome. I'm certainly one of many who's discouraged with group tools and group forming/maintaining mechanics.

I find the existing end game PvE and PvP armour sets absolutely ghastly to look at and have no wish to grind countless tokens to buy items that are arguably necessary to take part in challenging end game content (hardmode FPs and Ops) and have the unfortunate side effect of making my character look like a complet tool.

Do you have any plans to make end game armour sets look cool and desireable again, such as by introducing a cosmetic item slot for example?

Cheeky 2nd quesiton: Will you be introducing a "summon Group/party member" ability as the multiple (long) loading screens and loooooong travelling times are really, really, mind numbingly, soul-crushingly tedious.

For many months of Beta testing there have been a multitude of threads from the RPing commuinity about the lack of roleplaying items in game, and it has never been directly addressed.

Is there or is there not a plan to introduce some roleplay into this game? Vanity items like brooms, flowers, candy, mirrors, fireworks, musical instruments, the ability to actually dance, play pazaak, racing on a track against other players, player made non combat clothing...

Game is in need of a community boost, the roleplayers are the key.

Why are social points so hard to acquire when it is obviously something players will want to have once Bioware starts adding more content? Why do Hardmodes and 50 flashpoint social points not count? This is rather frustrating to higher level players that actually "earn" their social points but receive nothing.