The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is: will Bioware implement Target of Target (including a visible cast bar above the portraits) in the new UI? As a veteran raider of two other popular MMOs, this tool is highly invaluable in PvE. PvP players will also find it useful when somebody switches focused targets. Thank you. Edited by USLeatherneck

There are time when you team up with others, and you want to show them yours or theirs story line and only you or them get to see the bubble with (...) around them. We get to see some of an ending story, but to start with someone on a story would be pretty cool.

I know there are a lot of features that everyone wants that are prominent in other games, and I hate to be one to add to the list. I was wondering if it would ever be possible for a friend/ignore system similar to the one in LOTRO to be implemented. That is, one where when you add a friend, they are added to the list and are accessible by all characters on that server, rather than the system currently implemented in-game. Personally, I don't enjoy trying to keep a spreadsheet of all of my character names, as well as those of my friends. Also, before I go any further, please understand that I'm not asking for anything cross-faction. I know it's not possible.

Now, I realize there are some roadblocks with this idea. I know that there are many other more important features/bugs/exploits that have to be worked on. I understand the biggest issue would most likely be a significant amount of programming and database expansion involved, which would not be cheap.

So...

TLDR: Is there any chance of having a LOTRO-style friend/ignore system in the future?

Is there any chance that in the near future, craftable orange gear can be listed in the crafting window using orange for the font color instead of blue? It would make it much easier to locate this gear on your crafting list if this is done.

When will you actually start fixing the "major" bugs in your game? I'm not interested in the minor bugs you keep telling everyone that you keep fixing, why is your PvE endgame still pestered with bugs that have been known since the first week?

Are there any plans to implement a system where characters of different levels can go through PvE content together? Anything more than a 2-3 level difference between group members seems impractical in the current game environment.

(Other games call this mentoring, sidekicking, or similar names)

Will you add dual specialization like wow?

Reasons for dual specialization

* It would make the game much more fun

* It is frustrating playing as a healer or tank all the time

* It is hard to find people to fill needed roles and companions don't always meet those needs

As a side note Re-Specialization needs to free with some kind of cool down timer to keep game balance.

* Its hard to know what skills in the skill tree work best for your play style with out experimentation.

* The description of how some skills in the tree are not all that intuitive or work bellow expectations

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and I love the game keep up the good work:)

The expectation of healers to deal damage in order to be on equal footing with damage/tank classes, especially during intense combat scenarios, is absurd. Is there any plan to balance healing medals in Warzones? More to the point, will healers be given credit for keeping people alive (similar to tanks) in Warzones or will additional healing medals be created to reward the healers that are doing what they're supposed to do to support team objectives, instead of rewarding the players that medal farm? Edited by Allfader

Will we get vehicles/mounts that can seat more than one?

Using Luke's Landspeeder as an example while riding into Mos Eisley carrying Obi-Wan, R2-D2 and C-3PO. It would be fantastic to have the entire group all in one vehicle (if they choose) so no one gets lost, spread out, and so on. Thank you for your time, my mates and I are enjoying the game immensely. Keep up the fixes and good work guys.

:ph_cheers:

You said that patch 1.2 is going to add more "objective medals" to the warzones. Could you elaborate on which medals these might be? give a few examples. More specificly, are these going to involve the objective of the warzone, and be unique and different in each warzone, or are they going to be more "fighting" medals?