What kind of crits are you getting with a Jedi Guardian?

JohnElias

Whether Defense, Vigilance, or Focus.

I'm currently using Vigilance and slowly getting my PvP gear. I am doing fine, but since I am a newbie I'd like some tips.

Should my stats be Accuracy, Strength, and Critical?

I'm just curious what people can do with a Jedi Guardian in PvP. They definitely have potential, I am having a blast in Warzones!

Note: I enjoy 1v1 fights, I just want to know what the highest crit someone managed.

I too play Focus DPS.

My Sweep Bombs generally crit for 4k -4.5k under normal circumstances. Adrenals + Relics can push them up to 5.5k - 6k in PvE.

In PvP they hit for a lot less. Mostly around 4k yet sometimes as low as 2.5k against specific classes.

I have almost full Champion gear and have no idea how people get up to 7k Crits, even with Adrenals and Relics.

Vigilance, PvE geared. PvE I can knock around a mob for a steady 3-4k +plus the dots every time I hit blade storm, overhead slash or plasma brand (plasma brand being the low end of the spectrum). PvP I can manage a 3k overhand every so often, but most my money there is on the dots. I don't need full uptime to put someone on the defensive. Unremitting gives me enough time to blow past an Sorcerer's bubble and leave them hurting, then from there it's just a test of skill.

All things change depending on Expertise, but Snipers are free-kills so long as they don't catch me napping. That's only because my pal is a gunslinger and I learned his dirtiest tricks the spec has from him and how to maneuver around them.

103% accuracy, 33% crit, 78% surge. If that's what you need.

focus spec

my highest is a 7.7k force sweep crit on a sorc who had no pvp gear it seemed... I had my power relic and warzone expertise buff running during that crit.

Very nice! I'm curious about your stat formation. Do you stack up on Strength > Accuracy > Crit?

I've seen the option for Power, I'm not sure if this would help out at all.

I'm currently stacking Power and Accuracy in my gear with a small amount of crit rating. I'm also looking for strength over endurance. Most people will go for surge but I like power better because while surge makes my critical hits stronger power makes everything hit harder. So personally give me power. I'm not as dilligent as I should be with my Relics so I don't keep track of my critical hits under the influence of relics. But without a relic my Dispatch currently hits for a solid 3000 - 4000 damage depending on my target. Don't let the haters fool you. Vigilance Spec is amazing. Sith Sorcs crap their pants when I start swinging at them. There's literally nothing they can do about a 4000 damage dispatch. They just don't have the hit points.

focus spec

my highest is a 7.7k force sweep crit on a sorc who had no pvp gear it seemed... I had my power relic and warzone expertise buff running during that crit.

Yup same here Focus DPS 7.25 Sweep buffed with relics and Stims. If you set it up right you can kill multiple people with one Sweep. I force leaped into a group trying to disarm the door in VS hit my Force Exhaustion fired off my relic waited for a 4 stack and let lose and killed 4 people with one sweep. It was epic! :D

I use pve gear mixed with battlemaster pvp gear (4 set bonus). Vigilance spec.

Overhead slash - 5.5k

Plasma brand - 3k

Bladestorm - 3.7k

Master strike - 1.5k 1.5k, 4k

Dispatch - 7.2k

Those are the biggest crits i've seen. Would have been on badly geared light armor targets, with all my buffs running and 15% expertise buff in the case of the overhead slash and the dispatch.

99% accuracy, 30% crit, 85% surge

Edited by Pengant

Battle master/champ geared like a mutt, focus spec. Sweeps critting for 5.5k on multiple people without adrenals, only relics.

dispatch has gotten 6k+

blade storms 4k or so.

It's really fun. Turn on soresu form and guard your healers/dps to farm more medals. You wont have a problem getting the damage ones as a whirling dervish in focus spec.

Edited by asilos

7,8 k Force Sweep here on a "low" geared 50 sorc , with Trinket +Relic + 4 set proc up could have gotten a tiny bit more with the 15% Expertice buff aswell but u never seem to have all procs up and at the same time finding a "weak" target to unleash it all on :p Edited by Laugros

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.