WHY Do sages use pebbels and sorces use LIGHTNING??

iloveicarly

Plain and simple i think bioware did some favoring for the sith,

Do you guys think developers ideas like this are causing FACTION IMBALACNCE??????????????????????????????? what you think??

There's a limit on how long lightning, lightning, lightning with the occasional lightning thrown in is fun, pummeling players/npc's with boulders, droids, engine parts ripped from the ground and rapidfiring pebbles etc stays fun a whole lot longer just because it's atleast a bit of a variation, that's my opinion anyways, yours may vary.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt force throw is homing, otherwise Vader's aim sucks as 90% of the stuff he threw at Luke in Emperor Strikes back totally missed him. If a projectile has a linear path then avoiding it is possible.

Lightning storm? If a Jedi's lightning was as powerful as that from a storm, the Emperor would of won and Luke would be nothing but a pile of ashes.

Why the hell am I am I saying all of this...

Haven't you noticed? We got better aim than anyone in the movies. Could be our midichlorian count.

There's a limit on how long lightning, lightning, lightning with the occasional lightning thrown in is fun, pummeling players/npc's with boulders, droids, engine parts ripped from the ground and rapidfiring pebbles etc stays fun a whole lot longer just because it's atleast a bit of a variation, that's my opinion anyways, yours may vary.

TK Throw looks lame but yes you are correct; variety is way more important to me as well.

Upheaval looks WAY COOLER than Chain Shock. Using both hands to pull random stuff from the ground and chuck them at your enemy beats LIGHTNING and...LIGHTNING from my finger tips.

I also feel the energy blasts that Sages do beat out the lightning attacks of the Sorcs, save for Thundering Blast (that looks ridiculously cool, like an attack Ammon Jerro or any other NWN2 Warlock would use). They just look more devastating and crushing; a lot of the lightning on the other hand just looks like static electricity.

Edited by Mapex

my only beef with this, and that i've noticed the second i played both classes

sith shock is instant damage.

consular project has a delay in damage due to the animation.

*** bioware?

They are fixing this. It's not a high priority fix yet because there are more bugs and urgent balance fixes that they are focusing on. They also have to do a huge pass through all the classes to make sure that they catch all the inconsistencies and make sure the animations and delays all match up fairly and cinematically (it would be ridiculous if Project's damage was instant since the droid/rock doesn't hit the enemy until 0.5 seconds later, so chances are they will delay the damage and animation for Shock).

I expect the 1.2 patch to have these changes. Just sit tight.

Someone who understands the physics of objects in motion and how it pertains to impact force might be better able to explain this, but I figured I'd give it a go using momentum. I'm not sure what I've done here is exactly right or relevant, but I believe it should at least provide a frame of reference.

The way I understand it, momentum is the description of how much mass is being moved per meter per second. I would think that would directly relate to impact force, but trying to research how to calculate impact force got way over my head very quickly. Perhaps someone with a solid understanding of physics math can explain it.

Telekinetic Throw hurls in the neighborhood of 100-300 rocks of about 1-2 inches in diameter at sufficient speed to traverse 30 meters in about half a second.

If the rocks are about 1 Ounce, that's .028 Kilagrams.

Momentum is p=mv or Momentum = Mass * Velocity

Mass is in Kg, Velocity in m/s.

Therefor, Telekinetic Throw's momentum calculates at:

p = .028 * 60

p = 1.68 kg*m/s

In comparison, a 9mm bullet of approximately .26 Ounces, or .007 kg travels approx. 1000 feet per second or 304.8 meters per second, so:

p = .007 * 304.8

P = 2.13 kg*m/s

For fun, Project throws a rock that conservatively has gotta weigh about 150 lbs. That's 68.038 kg. It moves about 30 m/s.

p = 68.038 * 30

p = 2041.14 kg*m/s

I think I prefer stoning witches (female sith sorcs) over shooting lightning. Who's with me?

Let's not be discriminatory like those neo-nazi alien hating imps. Stone them all.

Lightning force powers are considered dark, which obviously Jedi's aren't going to indulge in. But just let me put it this way, Big rock vs lightning - rock wins >:)

I dunno about you but my jedi likes to bathe himself in the darkside of the force and murder innocent people just for the hell of it.

Edited by kuey

I don't care about faction imbalance.

Stones can hurt as much as electricity, get a friend to launch a stone at you from a well made slingshot. After you get out of hospital you'll be able to attest to just how hard those 'pebbles' can hit.

No, not even close. Skin/muscle can be made more resilient than others, and a stone can hit any number of places that don't hurt as much. Armor can stop a stone.

You get an electrical shock anywhere on your body, and it goes straight to your nervous system, causing pain no matter how tough you are. You wear armor and it only provides something to conduct the electricity and something to cook you in.

That's not to say small stones/bits of metal, accelerated to near sonic velocity, can't become a shower of bullets, tearing an object apart in seconds.

That said, I actually like the look of many consular attacks, more than inquisitor.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

We jedis throw pebbles. Them siths toss pure electric arcs of doom. Yet, we deal the exact same amount of damage, so who's the best ?

Another angle to look at it is that we jedis chose the efficiency of optimizing the pebble throwing technique, while the superior lightning strike is only optimized from a psychological perspective. Meaning we jedis chose efficiency where siths chose coolness factor. Meaning we jedis are smarter.

In the end, the dark side always lose.

Didn't you know the real title of the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars: The Chronicles of R2D2.

That thing been there from the jump and stuck it out to the end.

He is the greatest, most heroic character in the entire lore. And if he were with obi wan when he fought Darth Maul Qui Gon would of lived.

He is the greatest, most heroic character in the entire lore. And if he were with obi wan when he fought Darth Maul Qui Gon would of lived.

See!!! It was Anikin's fault for taking R2D2 into space on that Naboo fighter. His evil was showing through since then.

Sith use lightning and Jedi use pebbles because it's easier for a Jedi to admit to his allies that he got killed by multiple strikes of lightning than it is for a Sith to admit he got killed by someone throwing really small rocks at him.

As I mentioned in another thread about this before, my opinion on the matter (and this is just how I see it, may not mesh up with star wars lore) is that the two sides access the force through different means, and the way it is accessed determines how the abilities end up functioning.

The jedi focus on serenity and meditation. They shed their ego - the sense of 'self' - and become one with their surrounding environment. This allows them to reach out through the force and manipulate the world around them as if it were an extension of their own bodies, hence the heavy focus on telekinetics.

The sith focus on the self, emotion, the ego. Rather than "becoming one with the world around them", they focus on drawing strength from within themselves. Because of that, their manipulations of the force begin inside their bodies, rather than in the surrounding environment, and emanate forth in the form of lightning. The force abilities used by the sith typically come from their fingertips or hands, instead of from the surrounding area like a jedi's abilities do.

It draws a lot of parallels with eastern beliefs regarding chi or life energy.

Um, Darksiders use lightning because it is an ability granted by the Dark Side of the force. Ever since Emp P. in 1983.

Light siders can use force lightning...am I the only one who realizes this?

Edited by mercenx