How to Fix PVP: Create an ARENA

hategambit

They should honestly just give the majority of baddie players what they want and make a Call of Duty Deathmatch arena... a huge 16 v 16 map where there's no teamwork and people just go around killing each other for no objectives. Then make a separate queue for that and keep it out of the random queue.

Seeing as how that's how most of the nubs in warzones play, might as well make it official and let the people who actually want to do objectives queue up for Civil War/Huttball/Voidstar without having to be subjected to these brain surgeons.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you no like? dont join in on it. :)

a good pvp arena would keep me subscribed to this game for years.

current state of end game and pvp content is going to have me quit playing as soon as my current sub time is up.

I don't want to play an mmo with players who like arena

WOW has arenas... go there if you want arenas.

I dont get you guys.. you complain this game is too much like a WOW clone yet want it to be more like WOW?

what the...?

No to arenas... dont listen to this small amount of players BIOWARE... PLEASE... DO NOT ADD THIS....

ADD MORE WARZONES... LIKE WARHAMMER...

fix ILLUM to be more objective based that institutes PVP...

Yeah BW make the game more like the failed Warhammer and stop copying the one that has the largest player base and made the most money and is considered the most successful MMORPG

They should honestly just give the majority of baddie players what they want and make a Call of Duty Deathmatch arena... a huge 16 v 16 map where there's no teamwork and people just go around killing each other for no objectives. Then make a separate queue for that and keep it out of the random queue.

Seeing as how that's how most of the nubs in warzones play, might as well make it official and let the people who actually want to do objectives queue up for Civil War/Huttball/Voidstar without having to be subjected to these brain surgeons.

Shows complete lack of understanding of what arena actually is

Check

Yeah BW make the game more like the failed Warhammer and stop copying the one that has the largest player base and made the most money and is considered the most successful MMORPG

lol this guy has smarts.

copy game that makes more in 1 year than some small countries GNP

or

copy a fail game that no one plays

hard choice.

Have your arena, as long as PvP isn't balanced around 3v3.

And no rewards.

And no ratings.

because group kill trading on ilum to accomplish the quest objectives and get your rewards and valor for having no skill and not even having to try....

IS SO MUCH BETTER

Edited by hategambit

4v4 could work.

personally i'd rather see 48 v 48 planetary assault/defense maps. That start with a orbital drop and require abotu 3 hours dedicated to win.

think AOC sieges with ligtsabers and spaceships.

sounds awesome.

then u think about lag, and framerate loss with all those people on screen at once, and the fact that it will never actually be 48v48 it will be more like 48v22

no thank you -don't want arenas. I especially don't want the Epeen community that seems to come with them.

they are already on the road to screwing up classes for pve in the name of the almighty "PVP BALANCE". Arenas, ratings, and the epeen mentality that goes with it (you know the ones "lol what's your arena rating scrub? L2P and get to 2200, then you can talk to me") will just hasten and exacerbate the problem. Seen it before in other mmoRPG's.

PVP is like broccoli, it's a side dish, something to do between raids and such. Don't get me wrong I enjoy pvp and love smashing faces every now and then.

And I may as well say it, "To those that threaten to quit/unsub if their pvp isn't the dominating aspect of the game, then please watch your backside on the way out". The quicker, the better :rolleyes:

well thats your opinion.

some people find pvp to be more fun than pve, and to them the pve is simply the SIDE DIsh that gets you to max level quicker.

you are not the only person playing this game, and therefore your opinions and wants are not the same as all other 1.7 million people.

ADDING an arena would be something that a good amount of that 1.7million would like, even if some others in that 1.7million would not.

And as always, here is your solution:

IF

YOU

DONT

IT

DONT

PARTICIPATE

-------------YOURE WELCOME------------------

As long as the rewards were on par and not more than other wz, there should be no problem. players can choose how they want to pvp, rather than being forced into the ONE option we have right now which is warzones.

ilum doesnt count.

I hate seeing all these ppl so aginst arena.. If you dislike it that much you dont have to sign up. And it doesnt have to be about gear.. as a matter a fact keep i think u should just get regular warzone commendations. Just less of them since it doesnt take as long as warzone.

If you make rewards, why not gear that has 0 stat difference than the other pvp gear but idk looks better with higher rating.

Even a deathmatch warzone would be a start.

Arena is suppose to be competitive, any pvp is suppose to be competitive. Just because wow made it impossible for 70% of their players to hit 2200 ratings to get Tier 2 weapon.. doesnt mean star wars needs to set it up the exact same way. I think all these ppl so very much aginst arena is because they werent very good at it in wow n prlly had a lot of bad exp. with ppl. :mad:

Wow allowed Add-ons.. that's what ruined wows arenas. I had an add-on call Gladiatorlossa it vocally told me every major CD i needed to know. The average wow player with 0 add-ons would have a hard time breaking 1400.

I just want to see star wars be all the game it can be, its an amazing game it really is. But its like having no damage charts, i don't get it. Blizzard didn't have a damage meter built into the game eather! What good is a game with all these numbers flashing in front of my face if i dont have a way to keep track of them!! Why even put numbers on the screen or have the option to? why have stats n stuff on gear!?! I mean its allllll useless with out damage charts to me. its pointless! It drives me fricken crazy!

Star wars doesn't need add-ons, it needs damage meters, and an arena system that players can do for fun with their friends, some type of death match! idc if its 1v1 2v2 3v3 100v100 but something other than the same 3 warzones for pvp. As a player the only things i like doing in these games is pvp and raid. i don't like pve so much right now cause of no damage charts, u don't need the charts for pvp obviously.. but I enjoy smaller competitive fights. I really think arena can work by just giving a small amount of commendations and not giving any "special" rewards with better stats.. i would really rather see rewards but see them being just looking different, Mayb like gear according to your a alignment!!

Instead of just assuming it will never work, try thinking of a way to make it work. You guys are going to have a run for your money when D3 comes out cause its already OBVIOUS 70% of you subscribers are ex wow players. And it will have arena. And i think it will give them the edge over this game :( Sadly its just 2 subscriptions and A LOT of ppl cant afford both. Blizzard totally screwed you guys over by offering D3 FREE by agreeing to keep paying for you subscription for an entire year!! Not only that but they drew in A LOTTT of player by offering a mount to do it!! I talk to so many ppl on wow that say that cant come n play this cause they just dont wanna pay for 2 accounts.. i tried canceling my wow account n it wont let me because i signed up, my account has been inactive since i got this game. I would have to cancel my card to stop payments, which means they would prlly ban my account.

Star Wars is awesome n so many ppl have been waiting for so long for this game to come along. you have the potential here to be one of the best games in HISTORY! But u need to start by making everybody happy by fixing the most obvious problems. Arent there some like game national game awards for the developers or something?! It will never happen with D3 coming and their crappy arena system (if its like wow) just saying, I keep playing now because i wanna hit lvl 50.. after that, yea i guess ill raid a little and get my pvp gear in warzones.. but will i stay when D3 comes out? as of now.. no because i want arena and damage meters. That is all. may the force be with you.

ahhh its so nice to see people that actually think before they post.

agree 10000000% with this guy.

I am responding to the original poster's post:

4v4, allow viewing, and the only rewards is what people bet on the fight. That I could actually see and get behind. They could call it "Underground Hutt Fights" or something along those lines.

It would be about the fights and only the fights (unless people actually bet, then it would only be about money and fights)

No ranks

Any groups can que and ONLY groups can que

Only 50s

Anything less than 4v4 would, in my opinion (keep in mind, that this is my personal opinion and does not express anyone else's opinions that I am personally aware of) would make it imbalanced, since this is a game that is geared more towards team based PvP and not 1v1.

This way, the game would have it, if no one played it it wouldn't be a huge deal because of the low rewards system, and the biggest reward would be about the fight. If people want to watch how other skilled people and/or groups played, they can go whenever they want and watch, or que up to watch, or whatever. Once a month, they could do a tournament bracket and the pot was a large sum of credits to the winning group.

See? Not everyone who previously played WoW believe your post is complaining about arena being added (Yes, I am an ex-WoW player; since beta, fully converted and support this game now). I just had my own opinions about your idea and how to implement it and make sense not only in the current game environment, but within the Star Wars Universe in general.

fair enough. like i said just having stat tracking and ranking is reward enough. i dont want or care about valor or commendations or battlemaster gear.

i just want to have fun.

yeah give areana gear to make more divided..real smart...not all have a free schedule to get that type of gear arena is bad idea

i cant even read your post, but i think you're saying that the arena is a bad idea because....

you have some sort of assumption that it will come with better gear than other pvp?

how about they just... NOT... do that.

so hard.

I don't want to play an mmo with players who like arena

i dont want to play an mmo with people that MUST have a game developer tailor to the lowest common denominator.

and by that i mean to the people who will cry so hard at a game addition that they are not forced to play that it drives them crazy and to quit the game.

seriously, i say ignore every opinion that is simply a "no". if you dont want the ADDITION, dont comment and support it. Sayin "no" to something that you are not going to have to play if you dont want to is really LAME. it makes me think you care more about OTHER PEOPLES game time than your OWN PERSONAL GAMING TIME.

Company makes entire planet sized arenas and this guys asks for a sandbox.

Leave the damn station and pick a fight already, your 'play the GTN mod' isn't supported yet anyway.

those planet sized areas suck, have no good pvp going on other than severely 1 sided ganking, and uhhhhhh oh yes of course the mass group kill trading for nothing other than to complete a quest for the rewards and not for actual fun pvp.

you sir, fail hard.

Edited by hategambit

arena would be the end of this game at the current state

yes, because no one would want to play the game that 1.7 million people have already paid to play.

which would be the exact same game with a new addition on top of it.

I CAN SEE YOUR LOGIC ON HOW THIS WOULD KILL THE GAME. SEEING AS HOW A PLAYER COULD DO AND PLAY EXACTLY THE SAME GAME AFTER THE ARENA WAS INTRODUCED AS THEY WERE ABLE TO PLAY BEFORE THE ARENA CAME IN IF THEY SIMPLY NEVER JOINED THE ARENA.

yeah those 1.7 million people would all of a sudden realize the game was total **** and not worth playing because the developers created something many players do want.

think.

then post.

OP great idea, make game even more like WoW...lol go play WoW it does what you want but 10000000X better than SWTOR

i will never play wow or any other blizzard game.

that being said, i have seen some of the wow arena fights, and it does look like fun.

if only it wasnt wrapped in a silly cartoonish stupid fantasy setting.

i dont know something cool like with lightsabers or something.

wait, thats this game.

cool.

I hope they never introduce arena pvp - i want a game with good world pvp instead

go somewhere else if you want an esport or a game balanced around one imo

you go somewhere else.

see what i did there? i took your trolling comment about how i should not be able to play the game i want to play, and i turned it back around on you.

thats fine if you want good world pvp. I DO TOO.

WHY CANT WE HAVE BOTH?

so you know. people have options.

i think OPTIONS are always better than being FORCE (no pun intended) FED one type of gameplay because there are so many cry babies on the internet.