Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Improv-

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is probably the amount of people I would find if I logged in to my server in the middle of the night. I might see that many people just on my faction.

Good argument you made there. :rolleyes:

really what server?

also remember Imy server FC probable never gets to that even at peak times and i think there are more of my time servers than yours.

Im not saying they dont have alot of people still playing, I personally think its more in the 1-1.2 mill range and that is including me that logs in and payed for a 2nd month but canceled.

The xfire reports show a totally different ball game. Official market watch and financial reports by EA are lies.... This game is dying and everyone knows it. All you need to read is the xfire numbers. I get my info from xfire.. not these "official" market reports.

The writer of the article is obviously on the take.....and if anyone doesn't think so, you're naive to say the least.

http://www.xfire.com/games/swtor/Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic/

This is clearly showing a nose-dive in players of SWTOR. For those of you who don't know what xfire is/does. It knows the exact number of connections to any game, not just those who use the software.

First of all, even if I were to take those figures as being a decent sample of players, that doesn't show a 'nosedive'. At the worst, it shows a slow, gradual decline of players, but, frankly, the numbers are too all over the place to even clearly show that. Secondly, if I'm reading that right, it is a sample of 7400 players. EAs figures would have to be several orders of magnitude wrong for that to be, in any way, a representative sample. For comparison, WoW, which currently has 10 million subscribers, or thereabouts, has about 18,000 playing, according to Xfire.

You have been consistently wrong as well. Hell, you said 30% drop first month, 40-45% more likely.

Move those goal posts!

I Currently believe this to be true i beleive that as of this date we have 30% burn off . there is no were near 1.7 million paying subs right now. no where near that. im not moving any goal posts ive always said 30 % by the first month easily 90 days will see antoher 10 to 15%

Your right. In no way are they trying to mislead people in the way they worded it. Please go though and tell me anything that I said is inacurate about the way they worded it. Just as you can say they didnt lie about anything in their press release you cannot say I lied about anything I said about their press release.

You don't know much about business huh?

Its a REPORT of q3 for the last time. Every numbers in there are within that period of time.

Wrong. Earnings calls ALWAYs discuss current issues/numbers and future projections but since this is your first one, I understand the confusion.

I Currently believe this to be true i beleive that as of this date we have 30% burn off . there is no were near 1.7 million paying subs right now. no where near that. im not moving any goal posts ive always said 30 % by the first month easily 90 days will see antoher 10 to 15%

If you're right do you think this game will survive?

So they are lying because you want them to be lying.

Got it.

i dont know how to respond to you. you have no concept of financial Qrtr's. 11 days after offical launch they had 1.7 million people playing. Id like to see the bill paying subs . we wont know that until the end of this Qrtr.

Congrats, you are wrong. It is way less than 30% month 1.

First of all, even if I were to take those figures as being a decent sample of players, that doesn't show a 'nosedive'. At the worst, it shows a slow, gradual decline of players, but, frankly, the numbers are too all over the place to even clearly show that. Secondly, if I'm reading that right, it is a sample of 7400 players. EAs figures would have to be several orders of magnitude wrong for that to be, in any way, a representative sample. For comparison, WoW, which currently has 10 million subscribers, or thereabouts, has about 18,000 playing, according to Xfire.

Just to pick a nit, something like 7-8 million of those WoW accounts are in Asia. The net figure for that game is worldwide, not just the Western markets. And, I believe Blizzard has always referred to that big number as accounts created, not necessarily active concurrently at any given time.

Edited by marshalleck

i dont know how to respond to you. you have no concept of financial Qrtr's. 11 days after offical launch they had 1.7 million people playing. Id like to see the bill paying subs . we wont know that until the end of this Qrtr.

Wrong. Feb 1 they have 1.7m playing with most of them on paid subs and out of their trial period.

I find it hard to believe the numbers are growing, out of 11 of me and my friends that came from rift and wow only 1 is still playing.

they all had an active sub as of when those stats were taken but now we are all unsubbed

sorry but no way in hell there is 1.7 million subs the game is dog**** bad sorry all you fanbois love it but id rather play wow which i am so sick of and bored and hate than a game that is this badly made

yes the story is good but thats it take away the story and what do you have, a game that has 1/4 of the things in rift and 1/100th the things of wow (this includes features that should be in guild banks ui stuff)

I find it hard to believe the numbers are growing, out of 11 of me and my friends that came from rift and wow only 1 is still playing.

they all had an active sub as of when those stats were taken but now we are all unsubbed

sorry but no way in hell there is 1.7 million subs the game is dog**** bad sorry all you fanbois love it but id rather play wow which i am so sick of and bored and hate than a game that is this badly made

yes the story is good but thats it take away the story and what do you have, a game that has 1/4 of the things in rift and 1/100th the things of wow (this includes features that should be in guild banks ui stuff)

Keep crying and living in denial. It's hilarious watching you squirm.:D

Just to pick a nit, something like 7-8 million of those WoW accounts are in Asia. The net figure for that game is worldwide, not just the Western markets. And, I believe Blizzard has always referred to that big number as accounts created, not necessarily active concurrently at any given time.

Please quit talking out your ***.

While wow does have a huge player base in Asia its not 80% Don't go spouting off things you no nothing about.

Edited by Ivyhae