Guess what I started doing now?

homfridus

So after losing 43 games, and winning only 3 - I started leaving losing matches.

It goes against my morals, but damnit I just got rank 52 to rank 53 PURELY from losses...

Im sorry guys, ive turned to the dark side.. :cool:

So apologies in advance my republic friends, but I just cant take any more lost games.

Im rank 53 and I just left my first losing game, I finally know why maybe other people do this.

I leave, i know what it is..

In the early days, the good gamers were pvp'ing, the true gamers..

Now there are the mainstream gamers queing up more and more have reached level 50. have no care to play the game, or play to win.. They simply run for the first red dot and engage it and they wont change until that red dot is dead, or in most cases they are..

The competitiveness of the game is now lost.. The fabrication of why are we even playing this begins to question our minds.. We see it... there's 5 red guys scoring the ball, and there are only 1-2 guys trying to stop this onslaught, and bloop alt-f4 becaues this is just now a waste of time

Hutball has become pointless. Hutball is probably the greatest thing ever, but due to the fact they reward losers, due to the fact that they give medals for things that dont contribute to even playing the match kill this game.

This is why they MUST implement, guild win/loss record stats, individual stats and more.. se there becomes meaning to the games..

If they fail to do this and do so quickly.. its over.. This is nothing more than a single player fantasy quest game with a monthly fee.

Edited by Shrug

I win > 60% of my matches since swapping to Republic. Imperials rely on a) gear and b) numbers. Overtime the Republic is starting to get geared and they can't zerg us in Warzones.

dunno about your server but in the 50's bracket, i find 95% of pubs i face in wz to be either

a) sage or

b) trooper

both ranged classes and both somewhat op

whereas on imp side, you get a wider distribution

Quoted for lol.

I rolled republic, from what i see, they are so used to losing, they dont even care to play anymore... hence more losses... they seriously only log in to screw around and do that whole... comic book, im pwning you return.... wish i could explain it better, but I think you know what i mean.. that 9 year old with the "im bad" attitude.. hehe

We are now seeing what PuG and Huttball clash is.. it simply can NOT work.. You cant have a strategic game, that doesnt reward proper play and have random careless people playing it...

As i have been stating since launch, it does nothing but wastes most of the "teams" time

I rolled republic, from what i see, they are so used to losing, they dont even care to play anymore... hence more losses... they seriously only log in to screw around and do that whole... comic book, im pwning you return.... wish i could explain it better, but I think you know what i mean.. that 9 year old with the "im bad" attitude.. hehe

We are now seeing what PuG and Huttball clash is.. it simply can NOT work.. You cant have a strategic game, that doesnt reward proper play and have random careless people playing it...

As i have been stating since launch, it does nothing but wastes most of the "teams" time

This is kinda why they should implement, full pre-made queing..

Because this would should what a premade can do, and encourage others to play as a team.. Not to stray away from a team.. This is a team game, its a MMO, why are we encouraging solo play?!?!? makes no sense

I win > 60% of my matches since swapping to Republic. Imperials rely on a) gear and b) numbers. Overtime the Republic is starting to get geared and they can't zerg us in Warzones.

Are you 50? Pre-50 i was winning about 70% of my matches in WZ as a Republic. Once i hit 50, it was like 10%.

Are you 50? Pre-50 i was winning about 70% of my matches in WZ as a Republic. Once i hit 50, it was like 10%.

You have to remember there is huge exploting going on now and why its a lot different..

People can get 10 ranks of valor in a day with the /stuck issue

I'd say 10-49 pvp I had a solid %50 win ratio.

At 50 it seems the imps are very strong on my server. Since I've made this post I'd say I've averaged a much better win loss. And gotten pretty lucky with bags too, so I'm happy.

But I kid you not, I went

26 or so losses Ina row, 1 win, then 10 or so more losses until things seemed to even out.

My only point of the thread is..

WZ daily should be:

Win3

Lose9

At least then you can still get it done if the other factions pre mades are steamrolling throughout the day or week even...

What I was trying to prove is people griping about people leaving, well after you lose 10 or 20 in a row, you have to leave. It's not psychologically speaking a good idea to stay and lose more games lol.

At least with a small tweak to that daily, people would have incentive to stay until the end!

Edited by homfridus

Yep. I did win maybe 70-80% in the 10-49 bracket on my server. I'm loosing 70-80% in the lvl 50 bracket. :(

dunno about your server but in the 50's bracket, i find 95% of pubs i face in wz to be either

a) sage or

b) trooper

both ranged classes and both somewhat op

whereas on imp side, you get a wider distribution

How is 7 Sorcerers, 1 Merc a wider distribution?

It certainly happens. I've had days where I've lost 10-12 in a row only to finally win one that didn't count towards the daily, weekly.

Probably should implement some kind of lost x amount of games and it actually finally count towards daily/weekly.

Today though I played in a match in alderaan where a republic player with the score being 260-240 (2 cap vs 1 cap) actually suggest we let the empire have the final cap so the game would end sooner. He thought we had no chance. Honestly where does this kind of crap come from?

Ilum would also be better if players roamed around via DAOC and used hit and run tactics, camp the travel lanes then leave. Instead we just sit at the base, trade valor or not even participate. Bleh

I really don't see why people leave matches that they feel they are going to lose. The valor given out at the end of the match isn't terribly different from winning or losing, imo.

You are going to need the valor anyway, so why quit?

I am only valor 55, but have never voluntarily left a match. I always feel horrible if I get stuck in the fire trap limbo in Huttball or get a DC, causing me to leave the match. Even in a losing match, I want to be there for the team and try and turn it around, even if it does seem hopeless.

LOL, so now you quit losing games and how many times have you quit re-queue and end up right back in the one you just quit? quite a few im sure... Is this post suppose to punish someone? or make us hate you? If im already losing and you quit, nothings going to change - unless we start winning then id prefer you always quit

I'd say 10-49 pvp I had a solid %50 win ratio.

At 50 it seems the imps are very strong on my server. Since I've made this post I'd say I've averaged a much better win loss. And gotten pretty lucky with bags too, so I'm happy.

But I kid you not, I went

26 or so losses Ina row, 1 win, then 10 or so more losses until things seemed to even out.

My only point of the thread is..

WZ daily should be:

Win3

Lose9

At least then you can still get it done if the other factions pre mades are steamrolling throughout the day or week even...

What I was trying to prove is people griping about people leaving, well after you lose 10 or 20 in a row, you have to leave. It's not psychologically speaking a good idea to stay and lose more games lol.

At least with a small tweak to that daily, people would have incentive to stay until the end!

lol incentivize losing and you'll end up with afkers

Instanced pvp is LOL fail anyhow.It ruins dynamic openworld pvp.You'll never see any 50s out and about (besides the ilum event wich is terrible too) looking for other groups / toons to fight.

What is the fun in sitting in one place, in an MMO and queing alday until after a week you have all of the gear.Then the boredom sets in from all of that grindfest / fragfestish, monotonous bull crap.

I tried to get into it, it was very boring quickly.granted 7-11 medals a match granted me a nice amount of commendations, its boring... its terrible.Take out the instanced pvp and the ilum event.. force some real pvp on these WoW carebears

I'm starting to think most of you guys making these threads are the afk'ers, and want people to not be able to quit so your match doesn't end on you. I just can't see any other reason. Maybe there are some servers that republic overall just doesn't know how to pvp, so there are lots of people that quit. Most people that quit don't do it cause they think they will lose, they do it, cause half their teammates are selfish and not playing to win. They are playing for their medals hoping to get carried to a win. When you have the other team score in the first 15 seconds and only 1-2 teammates trying to stop the ball, its pointless.

They need a new warzone that has no objectives other than team with most kills wins. Maybe this would get some of that crowd away from ruining other games. Of course you'd have to be able to select which WZ, but pretty much everyone wants that anyway.