Anni Marauders getting a buff...on test now proof inside.

Badlander

I give it a 50/50. BioWare can derp as hard as any MMO dev, but they claimed it would slightly raise average DPS, so they should get the benefit of the doubt and we shouldn't automatically assume they're algebraically handicapped.

Yes, because they don't fake/lie on patch notes.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because they don't fake/lie on patch notes.

Oh yes they do, last week's patch notes 1.1.1 said that they fixed the warzone quests not giving credit for wins, but in fact they didnt, so they changed the patch notes a day after the patch went live............

Oh yes they do, last week's patch notes 1.1.1 said that they fixed the warzone quests not giving credit for wins, but in fact they didnt, so they changed the patch notes a day after the patch went live............

His sarcasm was completely lost on you lol

Seriously just play rage and use cooldowns correctly. Marauders are absolute monsters. Wun 1v2 9/10 times. Kill at least 1 in 1v3, and walk away alive 7/10 times. Kill everything. Do 40% of up to 5 target's health (on average), guaranteed, every ~9 seconds. Escape alive with a 99% dmg reduction and stealth both on 45 second cooldowns, with TWO 50% speed boosts from abilities. Best control. Best damage. Best spec. Amazing class.

Seriously just play rage and use cooldowns correctly. Marauders are absolute monsters. Wun 1v2 9/10 times. Kill at least 1 in 1v3, and walk away alive 7/10 times. Kill everything. Do 40% of up to 5 target's health (on average), guaranteed, every ~9 seconds. Escape alive with a 99% dmg reduction and stealth both on 45 second cooldowns, with TWO 50% speed boosts from abilities. Best control. Best damage. Best spec. Amazing class.

...Predictable burst pattern, easy to dodge burst, brings no group support, lowest sustained damage of all 3 specs, and mediocre control compared to Carnage. Honestly, the spec is absolute garbage against anyone who has any sort of situational awareness. I've played all 3 specs extensively, and Rage is definitely my least favorite.

You're entitled to think whatever you want, but I promise, a Rage spec will never beat a Anni spec, or even a Carnage spec, who knows what they are doing.

There is not a single marauder on Twin Spears who can 1v1 me. Not a single one. There were 7 battlemaster marauders... before I even hit 50 on my marauder (I have a 50 sage, rank 49).

Most of them are Annihilation. You can't dodge smash when you're moving 10%. You can't dodge smash immediately out of force choke. I said you need to use your cooldowns correctly, inherently suggesting that you land your abilities....

Actually. I take it all back. The less rage marauders the better. Easier to pray on fools who run the wrong spec.

There is not a single marauder on Twin Spears who can 1v1 me. Not a single one. There were 7 battlemaster marauders... before I even hit 50 on my marauder (I have a 50 sage, rank 49).

Most of them are Annihilation. You can't dodge smash when you're moving 10%. You can't dodge smash immediately out of force choke. I said you need to use your cooldowns correctly, inherently suggesting that you land your abilities....

Actually. I take it all back. The less rage marauders the better. Easier to pray on fools who run the wrong spec.

They're *********** terrible then.

You don't have to dodge smash as an Anni marauder, just saying. Force Camo absorbs all of the damage, and if you miss a single smash, you will lose. Just sayin.

Like I said, the burst pattern is predictable. Save defensive cooldowns for the smash, plus, I run -30% aoe dmg anyway. If you throw a smash into my Cloak, that's -50% dmg already. if you throw it into saber ward, there's a good chance it will miss. If you throw it into camo, I will absorb it. I will save my defense cooldowns for the predictable burst, and I will mitigate it, and you will lose because your sustained damage and jousting are seriously at a disadvantage compared to Anni. Rage is just an AOE smash, 1 trick pony. Anyone can predict it, anyone can mitigate it, anyone can beat it. Even mercs.

You're welcome to play it, I'm just telling you. The spec is predictable, and will never hold up in serious competitive play.

Edited by Selixx

...Predictable burst pattern, easy to dodge burst, brings no group support, lowest sustained damage of all 3 specs, and mediocre control compared to Carnage. Honestly, the spec is absolute garbage against anyone who has any sort of situational awareness. I've played all 3 specs extensively, and Rage is definitely my least favorite.

You're entitled to think whatever you want, but I promise, a Rage spec will never beat a Anni spec, or even a Carnage spec, who knows what they are doing.

Yep, tried Rage once - a skilled Agent just rolled away to cover and Smash was wasted. **** that.

tried all the specs, tried some pretty good hybrid builds. rage doesn't come close for 2 really big reasons. 1 -- as people have said, if you miss smash you're in trouble for the next 9 seconds, and a lot can happen in that time. 2 -- without ur smash, your very rage dependant and you have almost nothing to generate rage except battering assault (which u probably blew on ur smash) and it's again on a 12sec cd.

Annihilation is the best spec imo (debatable beteween carnage i guess due to gore - but carnage will get eaten by sorcs). put everything into surge rating and critical rating and watch the bleeds do work.

Gore isn't that hot to be honest. It's good mind you, but getting a 15-25% more damage on 3 globals (4-5 if you use berserk) when you lack hard hitters isn't that good. Annhilate crit for more than any crit you can get with carnage and half the damage on annhilate ignores armor anyways.

Of course, gore/berserk + massacre + vicious + massacre + vicious is nice, if you don't get knocbacked or stunned when you use it because people should already know. You guys are blaming rage for the very same reason i dislike carnage. Because people with braincells knows when and how your burst is coming and outside that, you are subpar compared to annhilation.

Edited by Keldaur

Too bad you play against dummies. Any annhilation marauder should get the -30% damage from aoe, paired with armor and cloak, i normally laugh at 1,7k-2k smash crits others marauder get on me.

indeed on frostclaw we have couple good sentinels/marauders tbh.

the two sentinels mostly are allways having healers as back up not to mention they have Biochem as well which makes them pretty strong and very hard to kill in their full battlemaster sets

tried all the specs, tried some pretty good hybrid builds. rage doesn't come close for 2 really big reasons. 1 -- as people have said, if you miss smash you're in trouble for the next 9 seconds, and a lot can happen in that time. 2 -- without ur smash, your very rage dependant and you have almost nothing to generate rage except battering assault (which u probably blew on ur smash) and it's again on a 12sec cd.

Annihilation is the best spec imo (debatable beteween carnage i guess due to gore - but carnage will get eaten by sorcs). put everything into surge rating and critical rating and watch the bleeds do work.

You have to spec quick recovery if your rolling rage. It makes smash cost one rage. Shockwave is up for a long enough time that if you do manage to blow it early smash will be back up before its burnt. There are also other perks in the tree that will cause it to crit, although its not as high as with shockwave. Each tree has an attack pattern that needs to be followed for it to be effective.

Theorycrafting is fun but its just that "Theory".

I do feel like PvP crowd are getting the short end of the stick here and PvE is going to be very very slightly 'buffed'

If you are able to maintain Juyo stacks and do a Berserk rotation between dots on every second rotation (15 ticks on first rotation, 15 on second), best case scenario you will get a 1% dps increase on your dots (you are taking damage and have defensive forms). If you are unable to maintain Juyo stacks and miss Fury on a rotation you are looking at a definite loss.

Based on an average crit rate of 30% which increases to 44% if you are able to pop Berserk on every second rotation. I didn't include the Juyo stack ramp up of 7 seconds and I used 15 ticks a rotation 6 for Rupture and nine on DS. I didnt include actual surge and instead did 0 and +30. It may technically be a nerf but think about it, they are just correcting a mistake they made and are at least trying to make up something for it.

Edit: like a ******* put Ataru instead of Juyo... still got a soft spot for Carnage

Edited by RAndrews

It's a utility nerf, it doesn't actually affect us as a class. It's not like people won't take us on raids, our damage is sick.

I lol'd at this.

At least on Vornskr, nearly nobody takes a Marauder unless there LITERALLY is NOBODY else.

Rage spec is not bad, but it is super easy to counter when people actually think about it.

When your in a WZ or Ilum and you know that there is a rage spec'd Marauder and/or Jugger. All you have to do is spread out so that the marauder/juggers don't get the full impact of the damage. Not saying it's the best idea but spreading out so that you minimize the damage output of the AoEs pays off in the long run.

The repubs on Swiftsure are always piled up and when I am leading the group I make sure that my ops group drop the AoEs when they are group'd up and they just melt when you get in there and let loose the AOEs and slow. But when they are putting up a fight I make sure that we spread out so they are pretty much wasting their time with it.

Edited by OpenConflict