The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Upcoming Sith Inquistor Changes

Laurien-Wriroh

Right now assassins have no real survivability other than mitigating some damage and running.... they have no real burst, just a few abilities that hit for about half of what other classes can hit for.... They get a little utility if specced for tanking but it is a horrible spec unless you are actually tanking pve....

People complain about assassins the LEAST out of anything...

Just tonight I'm getting slammed for half my 15k hp in 2 seconds by warriors, trying to kill immortal commandos that can ignore me and still throw out heals to their team, getting worn down in seconds by 2 dots and a single ability spam of sages/sorcerers... but THIS is what BW is worried about?... that assassins could get some usefulness out of speccing into more than one tree? It isn't even "the" spec, it is just a choice.

I'm getting hammered by CC, slows, knockbacks and all kinds of unfair ranged advantages in pvp while I watch warriors just fight through it. I am getting my *** kicked in pve by boss fights that cater to ranged while punishing both the player and the group for being melee.

At this point everyone in the game might as well roll a BH/Tropper and actually be effective in the content this game has produced. Why not be insanely hard to kill with ridiculous damage, or get heals and ridiculous defense all while getting ranged damage so you can ignore 90% of boss mechanics?

Don't punish your players for playing the game.

Seriously, just ignore posts like these. I'm 2-3 hitting people in the same gear as me. (Shadow) Class is COMPLETELY fine.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, just ignore posts like these. I'm 2-3 hitting people in the same gear as me. (Shadow) Class is COMPLETELY fine.

What is your expertise? Are you mixing pve sets with the pvp sets?

Oh, wait... you mean you are like level 40 and deception specced and killing the lowbies in 2-3 shots? Yeah, we all did it, then we hit 50 and found out it isn't true anymore.

Tell me one more time you're 2-3 shotting people with 18k health and 600 expertise.... thats only 6000 per hit, we all know assassins can do that, right?

Soooooooooo......who said assassins/shadows are bad again?

thats a full battlemasterd deception spec attacking light and med armor targets that have no pvp gear.and proberly stacking crit and surge which assasins should have in there pvp gear already. you take the mods out of other peices with crit and surge if you get doubles and put them in your other peices that dont. this is what an assasin has to do to get the dps they need to actualy kill targets.also the assasin dont seem to be gettign attacked. if they turned around and attacked the assasin as deception spec he would die freaking silly fast.

that also looks like he is stacking and im only see'ing 4k from him. if any other class did that you owuld be see'ing 10k+ dps

so assasins have to do all this to get the damage of other class's that do this dps normaly.

assaisns/shadows are pretty gimped.

What is your expertise? Are you mixing pve sets with the pvp sets?

Oh, wait... you mean you are like level 40 and deception specced and killing the lowbies in 2-3 shots? Yeah, we all did it, then we hit 50 and found out it isn't true anymore.

Tell me one more time you're 2-3 shotting people with 18k health and 600 expertise.... thats only 6000 per hit, we all know assassins can do that, right?

R63 BM. 3 Champ, 1 cent. 1 Columi Gloves. 612 Expertise. BM weapon/ BM implants/ears.

2-3 shotting people in equal and better gear. Frapsed it as well for my upcoming video. I would give my 'secrets' but it's so painfully obvious, I didn't think anyone would be so blind.

Tip: Biochem.

R63 BM. 3 Champ, 1 cent. 1 Columi Gloves. 612 Expertise. BM weapon/ BM implants/ears.

2-3 shotting people in equal and better gear. Frapsed it as well for my upcoming video. I would give my 'secrets' but it's so painfully obvious, I didn't think anyone would be so blind.

R62 BM. 2 Champ, 0 cent. 0 Columi. 6xx Expertise. BM weapon/ Bm implants/ears.

You lie.

Tip: Bring on the videos.

R62 BM. 2 Champ, 0 cent. 0 Columi. 6xx Expertise. BM weapon/ Bm implants/ears.

You lie.

Tip: Bring on the videos.

I'm compiling it for release. I still need some more clips. I'm not satisfied with walking up and merking someone before they even know what happened. I also have some clips of the Kevin Bacon spec for duels. You'll know when my video is released, trust me.

I have 0 reason to lie. Again, Tip: Biochem.

You go ahead and post a video of an assassin hitting repeatedly for 6-10k able to 2-3 shotting BM's.

It should be good, the best video out now is a shadow in full BM using every available buff, cherry picking recorded fights against completely ungeared players hitting them for 2-3k.

You go ahead and post a video of an assassin hitting repeatedly for 6-10k able to 2-3 shotting BM's.

It should be good, the best video out now is a shadow in full BM using every available buff, cherry picking recorded fights against completely ungeared players hitting them for 2-3k.

I will say it one more time. Biochem. My BM upgrades were a complete joke to what Biochem has done with my damage.

thats a full battlemasterd deception spec attacking light and med armor targets that have no pvp gear.and proberly stacking crit and surge which assasins should have in there pvp gear already. you take the mods out of other peices with crit and surge if you get doubles and put them in your other peices that dont. this is what an assasin has to do to get the dps they need to actualy kill targets.also the assasin dont seem to be gettign attacked. if they turned around and attacked the assasin as deception spec he would die freaking silly fast.

that also looks like he is stacking and im only see'ing 4k from him. if any other class did that you owuld be see'ing 10k+ dps

so assasins have to do all this to get the damage of other class's that do this dps normaly.

assaisns/shadows are pretty gimped.

Indeed, as a healer when an assassin attacks me I can just ignore them and heal my team. If a marauder, jug, mercenary, powertech attack me im in trouble. Nerfing assassin makes me lol.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

And the scoundrels/operatives did lol.

Seconded. Not the nerf I was hoping for/expected but lol nonetheless.

Who will it be next? I think BW did this to keep us on our toes. Everyone though it was Sorcs for sure (except sorcs who thought it would be mercs). It's like a game of Russian Roulette, except as an Op I've already had my brains blown out.

New FoTM = Maras, I'm rolling one right away...

Edited by Jimra

Indeed, as a healer when an assassin attacks me I can just ignore them and heal my team. If a marauder, jug, mercenary, powertech attack me im in trouble. Nerfing assassin makes me lol.

This is quite true for the most part. Assassins (of all specs) have the least healer-threat of any melee. Mercenary have superior sustained damage, marauder have much superior sustained damage (if they have the uptime), and PT have much more interrupt capacity.

The 1.1.2 patch notes is like... if your house is burning down and the fire department rolls up to get your neighbors cat out of a tree.

The Madness changes I'm initially pleased with. I'll have to see how it actually plays out, but on paper I will get increased healing and my rotation and damage should be more consistent over the course of a fight.

At least from the way I play Madness, Discharge and the Raze talent are necessary for me to really dish out proper damage and the increased chance to proc is a good thing. Yes, there is a longer cooldown for the Raze effect, but with no change to the ability itself, I should be able to maintain it on my target more. I'm a little saddened over the change to Charge Mastery, but I don't think it will be game-breaking.

As for the 100 FP cost for charges, I don't see a problem with that as it forces you to stick to a particular build/charge and you have to be more aware of your surroundings whether it is in PvP or PvE. Induction change? Big whoop. You're forced to use Surge Charge and an additional ability now procs the buff. Energize got a little kick in the groin on this one I'm afraid. Lastly, the Wither change I'm a little unfamiliar with since I have not gotten down that tree as far.

Btw, you have no idea how good 4pc sin/shadow set bonus is, do you?

What you are admitting to is that you do ok when you can pop all your cooldowns, all your stims and you took a profession to 400 just to be able to do it a few times per WZ.

Great, post the vids so people can point out (just like the other vids) that another class blowing the same cooldowns with the same stims would kill faster with better survivability.

The numbers you claim are higher than ops... In all my pvp I have never been hit by an assassin like that and no one on these forums claims it either, not a single complaint about getting killed while in electrocute stun, which you are claiming you can basically do. Plenty of complaints about slam, which I have seen first hand... plenty of complaints about other classes and other abilities I have seen.... yet never see or hear about what you claim...

Post your vid or stop exaggerating.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Bioware was against hybrid specs and would balance/change talent trees around the idea of using pure specs.

If that is 100% true, then there is really absolutely nothing to complain about since it was their intention all along. I wish I could find that post though... if it really does exist.

I will agree that if people see these hybrid specs for the Assassin/Shadow as the only way to play their character, then Bioware needs to do something about weak 31 point talents for this advanced class. Pretty sure Powertechs/Vanguards are on the same boat as far as using hybrid specs.

I believe thats the idea,i think maybe the first line and alittle something in the second maayyyybe could be optional for specs but not like it has been.

Players should choose a primary spec that is one of three trees and use that spec to its fullest and i bet those classes where the top skils are alittle lackluster they will adress after adjusting some stuff here and there and buff them.

To those stating nerfs here and there is bad sign,ehhh maybe but not really what it is in many cases is that the game is maturing because what ever in house testing they do players can test many times better with the numbers playing,players use unorthodox methods that the programmers dont see sometimes,but the programmers also can see how things may look if left unchecked,happened recently in EQ2 with Dirges and their mythical buff if left unchecked the buff would of expanded too much and left little ground for later skills/advancements.

Edited by Sathid

I just can't believe they are nerfing assassins, since its its one of the classes who is played the least and it doesn't do even do a lot of dmg.

I totally agree with the stance nerf, but everything else its just bs. Its true that i can survive for a long time with my assassin, but the downsize of this is i cant do a lot of dmg.

Its true i still don't have Battlemaster gear, but that shouldn't be such a difference.

And in the video above you can clearly see that there is a group of 4 working together and the assassin isn't even so much targeted.