Upcoming Sith Inquistor Changes

Laurien-Wriroh

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Bioware see assassin as either a dps or a tank class, but not both. Having a hybrid that has tank stats and can dps isn't balanced in PvP, and doesn't require huge skill to play either I think. Edited by Ewgal

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically this destroys hybrid (tank) assasins, while being a tiny, tiny buff for pure dps assasins.

They should've given tanksins a bit of a survivability buff in exchange for losing a lot of dps.

Yeah it just destroys a hybrid and takes the fun from playing the assassin.

I really loved playing my assassin and in every WZ i didn't do much (avg 120-200k) but it was such fun playing an hybrid that is not the same as xy other builds.

Basically what they gonna make us do is to choose from 3 different build so every1 can know what style you are playing so they can counter it.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Bioware see assassin as either a dps or a tank class, but not both. Having a hybrid that has tank stats and can dps isn't balanced in PvP, and doesn't require huge skill to play either I think.

Have you even ever played an assassin? stop talking BS

Edited by BloodyOnslaught

30% chance but per hit no on use of the ability

which means if u use lacerate and u hit 5 targers u have 30% for each of the 5 hits to trigger it also trash does 2 hits x30% chance which is not that bad imo

Correct - the maths is "almost" exactly the same (0.7*2 = 0.49% or basically the same chance as the existing ability)... except:

- chance-to-miss appears to now be factored in. For the existing version that doesn't appear to be the case.

- it may be possible to move out of range between hits.

- a bubbled player etc. may or may not fit the definition of "take damage".

On the other hand, it may be that the other bugfix is a positive change.

I don't think it's a big change in most situations.

I agree, it isn't bad, but was it needed?

Also using lacerate to get energized buff just isn't worth it. I don't know if you play assassin, but lacerate costs 50 force (half your force) and deals very low dmg.

I just fail to see why this was needed. Its obvious they see it as some kind of high priority issue, since they said they will fix issues according to their priority, i just don't see what the deal with this skill was.

im tank sin yes ur right it wasnt needed but atleast it wont be that bad

i use lacerate but not often low dmg high force cost and it says hiting all nearby targets but its limited to 5 which needs to be fixed also

Yeah hybrid weren't great at dps...they were ok.

These changes essentially make you go darkness/madness, and remove the viability of darkness/deception

Personally, I think they should've just swapped force pull and wither...forcing you to more fully invest in darkness to get all the utility (lets be honest...force pull is awesome utility) you could get from darkness

Say what you want about the game as a whole but I loved Rift for being able to have like 5 different specs using a different talent point combination of 8 different trees...made things interesting...not the "you must be this spec or else" that Bioware is forcing down our throats. Edited by Nezis

I think they're trying to prove they don't make decisions based on the forums.

CM: "Well, the community clearly feels Sorcerers are overpowered. Maybe you guys should take a look at them?"

Gabe: "No. That's... That's what they'd expect us to do. Name one class you've never seen whined about on the forum?"

CM: "Um... Marauders? Sentinels?"

Gabe: "No. I play a Marauder. Name something else."

CM: "Um... Shadow/Assassins."

Gabe: "Brilliant! NERF them! To. The. Ground."

CM: "But... um... no one asked for nerfs for them."

Gabe: "That's precisely why! We'll catch them off-guard and then the advantage will be ours!"

CM: "Wait... are you drunk?"

Gabe: "Yes, yes. Drunk on POWER. UNLIMITED POWER!!!"

Needs moar "MWAHAHAHAHAAAHHHAA!1!!!"

Otherwise +10, would read again.

Makes perfect sense if you ask me...

Community will see less "inquisitors" in warzones.

How do you get less inquisitors? Nerf the one that noone is complaining so the average QQ'r (who can't tell a melee from a ranged) will say, ah...the game is now more balanced.

Brilliant Bioware. Brilliant.

I think guardians need more buffs as well. They aren't hitting hard enough after the Biochem nerf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLo3st0rqg

Ok i didnt read all XX pages.

But something what i read was enough.

Killing hybrid spec ? Yes pls. Or play hybrid how you can. but why you should have advantage compare to other hybrids ?

When Guardian/Jugg wants go from shien to Soresu for example, you will lost all focus u had. Do you see Guardians/Juggs whine ?

Whole pvp balancing is about to Balance game ! SO why you should have an advantage ?

Ridiculous Op classes getting nerfed after lunch, becouse in betatest, there wasnt any testing. Just so many little kids who wanted to play. Not test. Otherwise game would be better balanced and polished.

Now stop cry after every change of your classes. Your not alone who got change and forget on One win button strategy.. Learn2play with changes.

To be Honest i hope every class will be "hard" to play as Jk ... Guardians/ Sentinels and their mirrors are atm most balanced classes and classes with msot abilities.

i Hardly can spam tracers missiles as Bh etc.. i need to use all of my skills.. Thats how game should look and should be ...

Edited by Grifin

Ok i didnt read all XX pages.

But something what i read was enough.

Killing hybrid spec ? Yes pls. Or play hybrid how you can. but why you should have advantage compare to other hybrids ?

When Guardian/Jugg wants go from shien to Soresu for example, you will lost all focus u had. Do you see Guardians/Juggs whine ?

Whole pvp balancing is about to Balance game ! SO why you should have an advantage ?

Ridiculous Op classes getting nerfed after lunch, becouse in betatest, there wasnt any testing. Just so many little kids who wanted to play. Not test. Otherwise game would be better balanced and polished.

Now stop cry after every change of your classes. Your not alone who got change and forget on One win button strategy.. Learn to 2.

To be Honest i hope every class will be "hard" to play as Jk ... Guardians/ Sentinels and their mirrors are atm most balanced classes and classes with msot abilities.

i Hardly can spam tracers missiles as Bh etc.. i need to use all of my skills.. Thats how game should look and should be ...

Amazing how you completely contradict yourself and at the same time totally miss the point:

1- If other hybrids classes spec are less powerful than assassin, the answer is not to kill hybrids but BALANCE THEM.

2- Your L2P excuse is exactly the reason why Hybrids should be playable, because if there r no hybrids its just pick a tree and close your eyes. Its dumbing down the game. No hybrids no changing roles in the middle of a game... its noobifying the game.. Exactly what apparently you dont want.

3- If you think playing shadow/assassin is using 1 button/spamming tracer missiles, then obviously you dont know what you r talking about.

Patch notes made me giggle. They took an already not too popular class nobody complained about
To be honest you are biased. Shadow is 3rd of pupularity class in my guild after commando/sage. And one of best things for it was its hybrid possibilities. Top 2 tiers of talents in 2 out of 3 trees are ok, but not that impressive, hybrids were nearly better.

So why break that?
The simple answer is: because they were too easy. In 23+/14+/0+ or 23/0/18 you as shadow/assassin was rarely needed saber strike at all. They use different ways to compensate ability costs, but both ways are quite effective.

Melee spec reduced Project (Shock) costs to 25 with 2 Double Strikes (Trashes) - no brainer choice actually, just 100% choice for x/14/x. And one of balance rules hints that talent is overpowered if it should be got 100%. I don't remember anyone NOT getting this talent if he/she gets up to 3rd tier. Obvious nerf is so obvious. Without it tank hybrids will run out of force about 25% faster.

DoT spec reduced Project(Shock) costs to 39. It's ok for devs. But also you had a good chance to use free and instant Mind Crush(Crushing Darkness) that deals overall damage comparable to Project(shock) even though it's not geared up by talents so much. So you use it frequently in 23/0/18, it saves a lot of force and you again go non-stop for a long period of time.

Burst is not nerfed actually. You can still fire up good damage in short time. But in a long fight you will have to use saber strike often now. This kind of design was hinted by other classes design. For example, most commandos tend to use basic attack to keep up with abilities cost. Otherwise they can burn their resource for burst, but stay at low resource for a longer period of time afterwards.

I honestly don't see why this was needed as i think that assassins were pretty well balanced if you know how to play the class, this just complicates things and not balance anything.
For example, you could stack up Energize on SOA while he was immune to damage or get charge hitting someone under protection CDs, not even dealing damage. It's a nerf part, but it has some logics.

I don't know what will happen to sorc/sage buble though. Quite possible scenario - you will never get Energize before you remove this buble with damage. But that's unknown thing for now.

Now tell me why does Assassin needs to be nerfed when we have sorcerers/sage seers who can do 922k healing? Thats total of dmg i do in 4-5 WZ !!!
Only three reasons:

1) You team is dumb enough to keep this sage alive.

2) It has nothing to do with burst damage so it's not generally hurting assassin field - quickly finish people off.

3) Sage needs hybrid nerf too. I'm ok with sage heals and I'm even ok with DD sages. I'm not ok with the ease of DD+heal for the class. I was able to hit 75k damage/75k healing the first warzone I hit on 13 level. Needless to say it was impossible for another OP class -commando and most bubles were not counted in even though I thrown them on cooldown.

Stance dancing is out of question, you know. Players tend to switch stances one a millenia (or kill) and increased cost for stance changes are ok.

What is disturbing is increased demand for particular stance in order to use talents in corresponding tree. For example, how do you like Shockwave only working in Shien form and Assault Abilities not generating rage in Soresu form at all?

P.S. I've spend a week in pure tank spec and you know what? It is good enough now as Slow Time (Wither) is fixed.

So in the end an entire class gets pigeon holed for operating in hybrid specs since their pure specs lacked the survivability needed in the first place. The end result is people who ran x/31/x or w/e 31 spec are being punished for inherent flaws within two of the trees, namely survivability. Of course hybrids are hurt at the same time, and I believe these are more so people who grew to enjoy these specs.

The game is a WoW clone now, the same decisions are being made at nearly every turn.

This is just plain dumb....

One of the only ACs in the game that had multiple useful hybrid specs... and in one sweeping move they are going to kill them all....Way too go Bio.... if this is the way you go you are pretty much ruining this class. It was the only class that was somewhat interesting too play as you really could hybrid spec a ton of different ways and play the class completely different.

Now its back to useless shared tree sub par dmg tree.... boring tank tree.... failure this is.

How does this effect 23/0/18 pvp build? I don't see any change you run in the same stance the whole time.

Amazing how you completely contradict yourself and at the same time totally miss the point:

1- If other hybrids classes spec are less powerful than assassin, the answer is not to kill hybrids but BALANCE THEM.

2- Your L2P excuse is exactly the reason why Hybrids should be playable, because if there r no hybrids its just pick a tree and close your eyes. Its dumbing down the game. No hybrids no changing roles in the middle of a game... its noobifying the game.. Exactly what apparently you dont want.

3- If you think playing shadow/assassin is using 1 button/spamming tracer missiles, then obviously you dont know what you r talking about.

1 :

Well why balance wich could bring more pvp unbalance then "nerf" one class ?

I have no problem switching soresu/Shien over and over.. you just need to choose role you start with and depends on situation u can think about switch. Do you want to tank and dps in same time ?without any little downgrade? Why ? i will loose all focus i gained if i swithc to tank stance. And its right.

2 - Before all nerfs and incoming nerfs.. Jks/Sw were underpowered compare to others.

But underpowered i mean "balanced " we were not weak, but not strong.. Please do not count buffs and stackable buffs. any buff in Wz ruins current pvp and classes.

But without these, i were fighting and not rerolling stronger class.

3 - Sorry, was Sarcasm becouse i hate QQ posts... full forum of QQ why my class is weaker..

Anyway this step to nerf you - taking all force - is right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.