Biochem nerfs: round two

Exertim

From the PTR server forum (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938):

Biochem

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals no longer require Biochem to use.

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals are no longer bound, allowing them to be traded or sold to other players.

Rakata reusable stims and adrenals have been reduced in power, providing buffs equal to Energized stims and adrenals.

The Exotech Med Unit schematic obtained from the Eternity Vault Operation now functions properly and can be learned.

All in all, I'm sure many of us saw this coming. Unfortunately, there's still no buffs of any sort to crew skills like Armstech, so it remains terrible.

Edited by Exertim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really much of a nerf imo but others will be happy to purchase our Adrenals.

The fact that we can still stack them on top of relics is what boggles my mind.

Anyway, am I the only one who feels that every aspect of SWTOr was created by a different company? Crew Skills made in India, Engine edited in China, Customer Service in the US and everything is mashed together in Canada?

Well, guess what?

Biochem still remains the best profession.

Why?

Because every other one is useless. Everything I can make as Artifice, I can make 2x as much selling the raw materials. It's just so freaking stupid.

Edited by McVade

I'm only losing 24STR and I think 10 power? Not much of a nerf but rather the intent seems to be that other players will also be able to use stims on par with our re-usable ones (Energized vs Rakata).

And yes, this nerf STILL changes nothing; Biochem is still the best when you throw in re-usable Adrenal and Medpack. This is made worse since you can just crit your bracers/belt/relic etc (Artifice/SW/Armormech) for augments and go right back to Biochem without any penalties. <- Not complaining about that, especially since I'm one of the people benefitting from it but it just seems to me that the Bioware developers don't have a clue when it comes to MMO tradeskill balance.

Edited by Exertim

This is pretty much the laziest response they could come up with why not making having any of the other professions worth anything instead of making it so there's no reason to have any profession because they are all equally worthless.

This is pretty much the laziest response they could come up with why not making having any of the other professions worth anything instead of making it so there's no reason to have any profession because they are all equally worthless.

its pretty clear why their dev team is worse then blizz when it come to this ****

its pretty clear why their dev team is worse then blizz when it come to this ****

Yeah....I don't know what they're on about.

Where is all that MMO experience they always say they have. Some of the stuff in game just screams "THIS WAS NOT THOUGHT THROUGH PROPERLY BY EXPERIENCED MMO VETERANS".

To the people QQing over the other crew skills, an expansion of the OP's quote from Georg Zoller:

On a more general note about crafting, our changes to make BioChem consumables freely tradeable are just a small first step as part of a larger scale effort to extend our crafting gameplay, for all professions, into the endgame.

Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy – as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.

They are going to be making changes to the other crew skills. Most of this is stuff people have been either wondering about (augment slots on orange armor) or specifically requesting (opening up all the mod slots on top end purples). Patience, people.

All that means is people are going to level Synthweaving/Armormech, crit an entire set of orange armor for augments, then swap back to Biochem. It changes nothing. Bioware needs to look at crewskills and do an entire overhaul. Edited by Exertim

The only thing I like is that they're no longer bound, and no longer require biochem. Now if they remove the BoP from all other crafts, and let those crafts produce better mods than what are purchasable with commendations or earnable from quest rewards we'll have something. The biggest thing this addresses is the "if you want to raid you have to have biochem" mentality. Unfortunately there's still little else that makes anything else a better option than biochem.

All that means is people are going to level Synthweaving/Armormech, crit an entire set of orange armor for augments, then swap back to Biochem. It changes nothing. Bioware needs to look at crewskills and do an entire overhaul.

why would you waste the credits to powerlevel the skills, crit the gear, then drop it for biochem? the orange crafted gear is all BoE. just buy the items with the augment slots in them. sure theyre not gonna be cheap, but it beats powerleveling 2 professions

To the people QQing over the other crew skills, an expansion of the OP's quote from Georg Zoller:

They are going to be making changes to the other crew skills. Most of this is stuff people have been either wondering about (augment slots on orange armor) or specifically requesting (opening up all the mod slots on top end purples). Patience, people.

Wait wait wait wait wait...

So what he's saying is that prior to release, crafting was broken because no one wore the raid gear and just could loot the armoring mods off boots/gloves/whateverdropsoffthefirstboss, and so they made it so that the armoring mod was unable to be removed at lauch.

Their solution to crafting becoming a heaping pile of garbage (with some exceptions) is that they are making the armoring mods removable again...

Freaking genius. They're just doing a rollback of the change they made in beta and are going, HA, IMPROVEMENT! Moar money please.

/inb4 go back to pandas

Edited by Hammerreborn

All that means is people are going to level Synthweaving/Armormech, crit an entire set of orange armor for augments, then swap back to Biochem. It changes nothing. Bioware needs to look at crewskills and do an entire overhaul.

Riiight. Just because you're dumb enough to do this doesn't mean everybody will.

Riiight. Just because you're dumb enough to do this doesn't mean everybody will.

You spelled smart wrong. What reason would there be to keep any other profession except Biochem when Biochem has the reusables that require Biochem to use while the others you can simply craft and drop.

Look at it this way:

You pick up Armormech, craft your new set of gear. You then drop Armormech, pick up Biochem, and craft your Stim/Medpack/Adrenal. You now have access to your new armor AND your Biochem reusables.

OR

You pick up Armormech, craft your new set of gear. You only have access to your new armor and have to buy stims/adrenals/medpacks from other crafters, ending up spending more money over time.

Now which one is the dumb choice?

Well, guess what?

Biochem still remains the best profession.

Why?

Because every other one is useless. Everything I can make as Artifice, I can make 2x as much selling the raw materials. It's just so freaking stupid.

This right here. At first I was trying to RE to get purple schematics so I could make huge credits selling my rare crystals, hilts, and enhancements on the GTN. Then I started shopping for mats on the GTN and realized I could make a ton more money just farming mats and selling the stacks. There is literally no point to artifice, spending all that time and money to craft and RE when in the end you can normally buy better enhancements and hilts at the commendation vendors.

Woo, I spend one day and 200k~ credits grinding my crew skills up to 400/400.

Let me translate that for you:

I spend one day -running my dailies- and spend the credits I -earn from my dailies- to pay for my new 400/400 crew skills that I trained to 400/400 -while running my dailies-.

I'm going to run my dailies -anyways-.

I'm not seeing the stupidity. :D

Really why bother touching the biochem anymore, when its obvious that other crew skills need the touching ups. I gave up artifice because it was so *****ty to get biochem, and now everyone can just use the same ***** I worked so hard to craft.. thats real fair and balanced.. :cool:

Bioware please give up on mmos in the future, this being your first and hopefully only mistake. Good luck!:rolleyes:

Why bother with that, you read the patch notes right? It's all going BoE. I don't need Biochem anymore. If anything this makes Cybertech king now as it's the only profession that provides an in-combat benefit that is still profession-locked.

Step 1: Buy all the orange crit augment gear you need.

Step 2: Buy all the reusable Adrenals and Stims you need.

Step 3: Level Cybertech and enjoy your grenades.

Edited by Khadroth

Not really much of a nerf imo but others will be happy to purchase our Adrenals.

The fact that we can still stack them on top of relics is what boggles my mind.

Anyway, am I the only one who feels that every aspect of SWTOr was created by a different company? Crew Skills made in India, Engine edited in China, Customer Service in the US and everything is mashed together in Canada?

Both above.

Being Biochem, I took it for various reasons. I mean, the other crafts can use a buff but now instead of having an incentive of keeping Biochem on a primary char, I should pawn it off to a mule. How about a lateral transfer of schematics?

Total crap. They should have given incentive to other crafts. Lazy at best. It's about as awesome as requiring Biometric Crystal Alloy for some of the other crew skill's "end game" schematics.

This crew skill is popular: it made sense and was applicable to many aspects of the game. Mind you, when you're removing the Biochem restriction (along with the bind) you'll just saturate everyone with these perks. It won't create a market for anything, everyone will have plenty within a short time.

They need to stop gawking at Biochem and take a month or two and really nail down the BoP/req packages for the other crafts. Armstech anyone?

Edited by SodaOfYoda

Removing the stat benefits to Biochem is naive and ignorant. You absolutely do not balance any sort of crafting skill solely off of monetary gain; particularly when its one that is reliant on a VERY small portion of the community that will purchase stims/adrenals to maximize raiding capability.

Where do you find these solutions Bioware? Written in crayon on the walls in the daycare center? Oh wait I know where.. you found them on the forums. Honestly you would have been far better off with the crayon-written responses from Lil' Johny down in daycare.

Here I'll even give you a step by step guide on how to interpret the information you're given and how to resolve future issues.

Guide for Bioware's Fail Developer Team

1) Ignore all statistical input from characters below lvl50, you'll never be able to balance the game around anything other than cap level.

2) Stop playing towards mass approval from the community because a vast majority of us don't know what we really want and jump from one trending topic to another.

3) Realize that a large portion of the forums are "nerf them, buff me" threads and thereby come unto the knowledge that most people blame something/someone other than themselves for any shortcomings or failures.

4) Sit down, run the numbers, and make a decision based off of logical and solid metrics that will better the game. If you're incapable of doing this, put Combat Logs in the game. I'm sure there are plenty of hardcore players foaming at the mouth to do your work for you.