Waiting for the Sage/Sorcerer Nerf Too!

Karqath

Well, operatives and scoundrels are nerfed well, we deserved it : P

I wonder whn the buble + CC master sorcerers /sages nerf is... Never ending slows+knockbacks+buble+stuns+heals+Uberly DPS..

Time to Nerf the sorcerer/sages pls..!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder whn the buble + CC master sorcerers /sages nerf is... Never ending slows+knockbacks+buble+stuns+heals+Uberly DPS..

QFT

Nerf the op easy mode class and then maybe we'll have wzs without 90% sorcs/sages

whatever

OMG they are crying and talking about how they are going to quit. He just is asking for what obviously needs to be done. They broke operatives PVE role and hindered their role vs some classes in pvp.

You all do realize that WZ's and raids are filled with sorc's and merc's, 25% of them being one button nooberz. Pretty obvious things need to be balanced.

Here is an idea, you could of seen how bad operatives were getting hit and defended them as a whole aspect of what is to come to other classes. Instead most just said like OMG they can kill me then run or die they are so OP. Here is a hint that is all we can do, now are PVE role is gone. Thanks not like I wanted to raid or anything.

Edited by LimbSlicer

Here is an idea, you could of seen how bad operatives were getting hit and defended them as a whole aspect of what is to come to other classes. Instead most just said like OMG they can kill me then run or die they are so OP. Here is a hint that is all we can do, now are PVE role is gone. Thanks not like I wanted to raid or anything.

What is this? I don't even ...

What is this? I don't even ...

^know how to finish a sentence. There helped you out, now read and type full sentences.

The point was operative is a advanced class in SWTOR which for the most part get's ignored when it comes to raiding. Now it will be even harder to get in a raid with this stigma surrounding our dps which for the most part is now true.

This is what happens in every mmo well from eq on that i know of at least. eq was famous for breaking out the nerf bat when they thought something was op. Im sure they did it in wow they did it in rift and now in swtor you "not all" act like you'v never played an mmo before. Tehy will hit the sorc/sage with the nerf bat because they are on top atm... then the next class will get hit then the next one till ops and smugs are back on top. I pick a main and an alt and stick with em because it will swing back around eventually.

The problem with Sorc/Sages is that they have a lot of CC/utility abilities. Although I think the dps casters are bit too survivable. Although the same could be said of any healer class.

In most cases, it's not the end of the world, but in huttball, they're disgustingly strong.

CC ability balancing though is pretty tough... give a class too little and they're easy kills, give a class too much and they're frustrating to play against.

Oh just stop the tears.

Seriously.... Ops got nerfed in a way that it hurt their pve more than pvp. Getting support to nerf another class before bioware pulls their head out of their *** is a BAD thing for the game.

Sorcs are fine against any player who is not one of Jerry's kids.

Would be helpful if you put some constructive ideas about how to nerf those classes so they don't become useless and put at least some argument for why they're OP even if it's common knowledge.

Right now I read your argument something along the lines of:

"wahwahwah my class got nerfd and the only thing to stop my crying is if you also nerf others so I don't feel alone in my grief and can laugh about their grief instead".

Which doesn't really help your case.

Wait.... my bubble keeps you alive in raids and in pvp... and you want to nerf that? :mad:

Maybe you need to be more of a team player, then someone who thinks he needs to 1 vs. 1 everything.

Edited by Krace

Hmm i rly want to know why ppl asking for nerf, here sorc/sage, but dont ask for nerf Marauders/Jagger-Guardian/Sentinel ?

Sage/Sorce have 2 CC + Knockpack.. slow... hmm its just hellp to keep runner close. Ranged classes say "f@%# slow ill kill him anyway"

Mele class say "f@% it.. i have neverending jump"

end thats all. Force Stun generate 800 Resolve point. Force lift makie another 200 so Stun after it - if u have talents - will be resisted via Resolve Bar.

Warriors CC like Jump+Intterupt+Stun, Puch with knockdown, Force Choke - what is the best CC in game for me - don't generate Resolve or generate very low amount and ingore Resolve Bar --------- NICE!!!

-Force Choke, CC with DMG ticks 3 times around 700 dmg with crit on chempion geared player. With tallents u can fight when u use FC, scenerio of fight.. JUMP->FC + some attack and buffs for great dmg -> push -> jump again -> some atacks and booom 5k aoe hit ->u dead

Marauders/Sentines do the same almost :p dont use push :p and they have very powerful dot's dps tree, eat players very very fast.

All my CC are ignored when some classes have shield what ignore status or Force DMG like Assassin/Shadow, this class have immortal buff for few sec... on skill inf. we can read that skill prevend u from Tech and Force dmg.. ok but why my whole skill is Resisted:

- Force Stun - dmg and stun - resis boths

- Force Lift - Reisted .. eee why.. no dmg

- Force Wave - Dmg + Knockback + root *if talent*-- resist all

- TW - Resist both dmg and SLOW

That is irronic when BH Powertech or Mercenary put shield on it - dont know its name - and are immune for knockback .. eg.

Other options.. they add reset jump skill for warriors when they push away target cause they was kitted very easy, so my question now is what all ranged classes can to to keep them away.. sorry .. for me NOTHING..

Stun run way fight, he wakeup jump :/ .. so slow and run away, he push u and jum to u again, so u knockback him and root.. hehe dont worry he jump to u again -- 15s of CD ;/

ATM what i see its more and more Warriors on Warzone and many of BH. Medium and Hevy armors... 75% assassin are on tank spec - very very hard to kill but they still hit u around 3k crit without problems and buffs.

They should work on CC and try to change CC system and after this they should do something with class balance... but CC system should be done before relase the game.

Hm sorc who uses all his CD's nearly live as long as a trooper/BH who uses no CD's. So yes nerf ^^.

The Sorc do 6-8k crits.... oh w8 he don't. Sorc live from pereodic dmg and has low dmg spikes compared to other classes. So yes nerf!

Sorcs have that much CC NOONE have that much CC! So nerf it.

If you say yes every time the problem isn't the sorc! The problem is betwee xour chair and keyboard.

A solution would be simply to reduce the bubble's base strength and increase it in the healing tree somewhere; or simply put the ability in the healing tree: A DPS Sorcerer/Sage does not need this increased survivability to add to his already wealthy arsenal of strengths.

I expect outraged responses, oddly enough, from Sorcerers and Sages.

Please guys we know the republic is going to lose this debate on weather or not the sorcerer gets nerfed there is too many who might think if quitting when there is something close to faction balance on a server. Most servers are heavily empire and since the game rewards you for being a dbag on empire side, many people like to hide behind that persons thats why they went the way they did. Popular culture in recent times for games like grand theft auto are so popular is I can act like a bad guy with out punishment. Besides who are we kidding all of the stuff the empire is cooler. Armor class missions and companions, if we would get something to make ppl want to play republic or try it out maybe we would have a chance of not needing nerfs many battlemasters on our server empire side and i hardly see any republic side so you also have the better gear to contend with.

This isn't an Empire vs Republic issue. This is about Sorcs and Sages having a crazy amount of utility, and much better healing than Mercs/Operatives.

All my CC are ignored when some classes have shield what ignore status or Force DMG like Assassin/Shadow, this class have immortal buff for few sec... on skill inf. we can read that skill prevend u from Tech and Force dmg.. ok but why my whole skill is Resisted:

Snipers and operatives have that skill too, too bad it protects from weapon attacks and thus useless against, guess what, 80% of attacks. Anyway its 3-5sec duration with 45-60sec CD and sins (which are not OP, read it again) have to use it before you stun/knockback etc, so if you failed they they've guessed you just right.

That is irronic when BH Powertech

Its called Huttball Star (aka Hydraulic Overrides) whish is prototype spec only, also know as most useless spec of PT.

Other options.. they add reset jump skill for warriors when they push away target cause they was kitted very easy, so my question now is what all ranged classes can to to keep them away.. sorry .. for me NOTHING..

Stun run way fight, he wakeup jump :/ .. so slow and run away, he push u and jum to u again, so u knockback him and root.. hehe dont worry he jump to u again -- 15s of CD ;/

You are supposed to fight the enemy, not to expect winning the fights by pressing a few buttons. If you cant kite him, its your problem.

75% assassin are on tank spec - very very hard to kill but they still hit u around 3k crit without problems and buffs.

Actually not hard to kill because their armor is just a little higher than of any heavy armor user and shield/defense dont work against (again) 80% of attacks, your attacks included. BTW without tank stance sins are free kills for everyone.

So to sum up all of above - Dreedzik has a serious case of "L2P before you post on forums". Lets wish him luck and patience on warzones...

Edited by Vesperr