Do You Like SWTOR In It's Current State? YES/NO

StrikeOfLight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

Not even a chance. Constant bugs, general lack of balancing, no development direction, empty promises, more bugs with lies about them being fixed, incomplete patch notes, infuriating amount of RNG, bad looting system, etc.

Seems relatively even.

If you like this thread (and I did put a lot of time into it), please rate it before you submit a reply by using the tool to do so at the bottom of the screen in "Additional Options".

The civil/polite opinions being listed thus-far are much appreciated. Thank you.

Continue on.

Sadly, no.

This game would of been wonderful if it was the first MMO I was introduced to, but since it's not...it just feels old in terms of gameplay. It's also missing a lot of good features that other games have picked up on. I love the story, but it comes down to asking myself how much or how long I'm willing to pay to see a "end" to the storyline...which probably won't ever come since it's a MMO.

Edited by Ashenic

No.

It had potential but, story aside, it's nothing I haven't seen before.

The story lines are fantastic but there isn't enough class story and far too much of the same old. When my time runs out i'll be moving on.

Yes.

It is different to any other MMO I have played in the last 20 years and although I am not at the level cap on a single character yet I fail to see what the rush is when you have engrossing story lines to lose yourself in. The leveling process, while a bit linear for my tastes, is generally very enjoyable.

Expecting huge amounts of end game options and perfect class balances for a game that has been released 5-6 weeks is an expectation you should never have and you are only setting yourself up for disappointment if you think otherwise. It is a work in progress and will continue to be so for 6 months I would imagine until balances are sorted out and more end game content becomes available.

I am confident this will be a game I can enjoy playing for at least a year dependant on expansions and patches.

;)

NO

- Gamebraking issues (WZ win count not working f.e.)

- Bad engine (really really ******* bad engine)

- PvP in this state is an absolute mess , and I dont know, what the devs are thinking. But my trust in their competence is gone.

(f.e. Ilum PvP Zone and the blatant problems with the fraction imbalance)

(f.e. Empire favotirism in the CW WZ)

- Mirror class issues with Empire favotirism

(f.e. Consular Project animation until damage 0.8sec / Sorc Shock is instant and many more)

- PvP RNG Bag revard system (If you are not on the lucky side with the token drops you feel the pain)

- no Combat log

- PvE / PvP class balance

(the Scoundrel / OP nerf but Sage / Sorcs are OK?)

and many more

I like it as is but not without the reservation that it has quite alot areas in need of improvement.

Frankly I haven't been hyped up to play it either, it was more like that the game presented the perfect opportunity to fill out my time as I was quite bored at that time.

I can't predict how long it will keep my interest, even the best games last year didn't keep my interest for too long. Basically I didn't expect a game re-inventing the wheel either, it is what I saw in previews, videos and finally what I experienced in Beta. It's far from perfection but not the worst thing I have spent my money on. It's fun but no fun is eternal.

In my experience if you lose interest in a game too quickly it's not necessarily a sign of a bad game, it could just be jadedness and burnout. Like when I first time quit a certain famous MMO I couldn't really play another game. I was bored of games as a whole when I first thought the one MMO is to blame.

Edited by ArmchairMagpie

No.

The game for me has been an all round disappointment.

There are elements of PvP I do not enjoy and elements of PvE I do not enjoy. The game does not give me any sense of immersion. I have stopped playing to play Dark Souls for a while now and wait for GW2.

Q: Do you like SWTOR in it's current state?

~No talk about/comparison to wow.

~No flaming/arguing. You get your say, everyone else gets their say too.

~If someone annoys you, IGNORE THEM. You have your opinion, they have theirs.

~No fanboyism and/or hater banter.

Just a simple YES or NO answer with a brief description of why you feel that way. This should give a clear look at the current mood of this forum with regards to SWTOR in it's current state.

GO.

am I having FUN? Yes

could it be improved? Yes

Do I think Bioware is doing a good job improving it? Yes

NO

- Gamebraking issues (WZ win count not working f.e.)

- Bad engine (really really ******* bad engine)

- PvP in this state is an absolute mess , and I dont know, what the devs are thinking. But my trust in their competence is gone.

(f.e. Ilum PvP Zone and the blatant problems with the fraction imbalance)

(f.e. Empire favotirism in the CW WZ)

- Mirror class issues with Empire favotirism

(f.e. Consular Project animation until damage 0.8sec / Sorc Shock is instant and many more)

- PvP RNG Bag revard system (If you are not on the lucky side with the token drops you feel the pain)

- no Combat log

- PvE / PvP class balance

(the Scoundrel / OP nerf but Sage / Sorcs are OK?)

and many more

QFT

It has potential but the dev team seems completely clueless on what to fix and how

NO (and a bit yes)

After the patch I will wait for a quick fix before playing again.

In general I love the stories and that will keep me busy for a few more months on different characters, but unsure if I will stick around much when I hit 50 with them.