Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

to all the sub 50's who whined about getting farmed

arteous

How exactly can you do that ?

1) you can save 6 bags before you hit level 50

2) 2 weeklys = 6 bags

3) 2 dailys = 2 bags

4) wont even bother to caount atleast 1 bag doing your dailly warzones with commendations

3 x 14 (in worst case scenario and if you have been cursed by all freaking known gods) = 42 centurion commendations ... Centurion chest piece = 39 centurion commendations

What? yea best/worse case scenario depending on your idea of luck. And that is assuming on their first day of 50 the average player will

Have already saved 1k of each set of comms

Go to ilum and kill 150 players

Go win 9 warzones

/facepalm

Yep its well easy.

But to win those 9 warzones you need 7 other players who know what they're doing, or hope the other side is clueless.

And to get 150 kills at Ilum, so many factors to get these in whatever of the day is left after you hit 50 are out of your control its ridiculous to even suggest it. If you say collect crates I'm actually gonna laugh.

Even assuming this is done, its still totally unrelated. Congrats day 1 you have 40 expertise, your still going to get rolled. Its much less than the 200 or so expertise you'd have from the level 40 gear if they actually added some to it. Hence attractive to the masses, hence it improves PvP as a whole.

I'm starting to think your some PvE only player who is only here for a debate and clearly has no clue on how easy or hard it is to get PvP gear or its importance outside of your own perfect world gearing up scenario's.

And I couldn't care less about any other game. I don't play them. My only concern is for SWTOR and how this effects it.

Man ... really dont know what to say to you... we just disagree.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can actually have 100+ expertise even before you hit 50 if you buy the PVP weapons and rip out the expertise enhancements. If you do enough warzones this is definitely viable and you can still have your 1000/1000 comms and your bag in the bank. On characters that I PVP a lot on I cap out merc commendations in the 30ies despite buying gear and boxes along the way.

I still agree there should be some sort of level 50 PVP gear you can start buying in your forties like you can do with the level 20 and 40 gear. It doesn't have to be great, just good enough to prevent players who mainly PVP from having to resort to PVE to become halfway competitive again once they hit 50.

Thats actually something I hadn't noticed but would be a good substitute. Hopefully more people spot that and put it to some use.

I TOTALLY miss the point of this thread ?? Fruits of labor of getting farmed ?? Its a double edged sword mate. You can join a team with new dinged 50s or you could join a team with full BMs so it could swing both ways.

Any PvPr worth their salt with grind as much Valor Rank as they can before they reach level 50 as to make the 60 stretch much smaller :)

But as I say, MMO's and RNG are like <3 You might get the BM team, you might not. Queue up and test your luck ;)

And just hit 50 gratz .. enjoy the fruits of your labor in whining. now you're going to get farmed by geared 50's because that's all there is for you to que up against. you had a chance to keep killing people 49 and under but hey .. you were soo buisy crying about how unfair it was that you forgot to realize that you needed them to have a chance in the mass ques so you wouldn't always face geared oponents.

but no . instead of asking for it to be reverted back so it would work as originally inteded these people are now whining about it being too hard to get gear (honestly if they think that it's too hard to get gear in this game i don't know what they expect. maybe ding 50 here is your full free epic set of pvp gear???)

Imho revert the pvp ques back so 50's and 49 and under are in the same ques. That way there will be less geared players per battle and then it will seem better for the fresh 50's. That will fix that whole issue.

Of course here comes the 1 million whine posts about how they need to make pvp easier to get and / or wanting all the geared people out of the ques (next they'll say it's unfair that best geared players can kill them).

LOL if you need you're lowbie fix, go farm them in Tat ... and oh yeah, l2engrish!

And just hit 50 gratz .. enjoy the fruits of your labor in whining. now you're going to get farmed by geared 50's because that's all there is for you to que up against. you had a chance to keep killing people 49 and under but hey .. you were soo buisy crying about how unfair it was that you forgot to realize that you needed them to have a chance in the mass ques so you wouldn't always face geared oponents.

but no . instead of asking for it to be reverted back so it would work as originally inteded these people are now whining about it being too hard to get gear (honestly if they think that it's too hard to get gear in this game i don't know what they expect. maybe ding 50 here is your full free epic set of pvp gear???)

Imho revert the pvp ques back so 50's and 49 and under are in the same ques. That way there will be less geared players per battle and then it will seem better for the fresh 50's. That will fix that whole issue.

Of course here comes the 1 million whine posts about how they need to make pvp easier to get and / or wanting all the geared people out of the ques (next they'll say it's unfair that best geared players can kill them).

So what are you trying to say?

Oh who cares im sure it has nothing of value..

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah and pvers kick pvpers *** because of gear.....

nice one man...

Expertise needs to be a PVE stat. . .. not a PVP one.

BW got it backwards. If PVErs want a grind, give it to them. Make a PVE-only bonus stat for raid gear.

And get it out of PVP.

PVP shoud not be about grind, it should be about game. (Skill vs. gear, again.)

How exactly can you do that ?

Typical; "How can you do that" response.

1000 merc and 1000 WZ comms = 5 bags

Weekly 1 = 3 bags

Weekly 2 = 3 bags

Daily 1 = 1 bag

Daily 2 = 1 bag

Total = 13 bags

If you are unlucky enough to get nothing from your first 13 bags you will still have 39 Centurion commendations, which is enough to buy any piece of Centurion gear bar the Saber.

Most people are too lazy to save 1000 of each comms tho. Plus the fact that you can get Expertise mods from lv46 orange pvp vendor weapons.

Theres no excuse for fresh level 50s who enter lv50 pvp without any Expertise.

Edited by Barrechor

Typical; "How can you do that" response.

1000 merc and 1000 WZ comms = 5 bags

Weekly 1 = 3 bags

Weekly 2 = 3 bags

Daily 1 = 1 bag

Daily 2 = 1 bag

Total = 13 bags

If you are unlucky enough to get nothing from your first 13 bags you will still have 39 Centurion commendations, which is enough to buy any piece of Centurion gear bar the Saber.

Most people are too lazy to save 1000 of each comms tho. Plus the fact that you can get Expertise mods from lv46 orange pvp vendor weapons.

Theres no excuse for fresh level 50s who enter lv50 pvp without any Expertise.

You also could have 1 bag in your inventory/bank while leveling so you could have 6 upon hitting 50(1 bag in your inventory, 5 you buy immediately from maxing commendations). That's what I did.

Edited by Cyndelx

You also could have 1 bag in your inventory/bank while leveling so you could have 6 upon leveling(1 bag in your inventory, 5 you buy immediately from maxing commendations). That's what I did.

Tbh I totally forgot about the inventory bag, so thats 14!!

This is too difficult for a lot of people to comprehend however. That realistically you could have 200 upon entering lv50 pvp, plus you can gain more the same day by completing your dailies/weeklys.

Tbh I totally forgot about the inventory bag, so thats 14!!

This is too difficult for a lot of people to comprehend however. That realistically you could have 200 upon entering lv50 pvp, plus you can gain more the same day by completing your dailies/weeklys.

you can also get about 108ish expertise before level 50 since the weapons from 46 have expertise enhancements you can remove and reslot.

i bought 6 weapons costing about 3360 commendations, and still ended up at 1k/1k with a bag in the bank when i hit 50.

sure it's not awesome but it's something.

You can actually have 100+ expertise even before you hit 50 if you buy the PVP weapons and rip out the expertise enhancements. If you do enough warzones this is definitely viable and you can still have your 1000/1000 comms and your bag in the bank.

This is what I did. When I hit 50 I had 150 expertise from 6 of the +25 expertise enhancements from the J-9 needler. I also had my champ gear bag and 1000/1000 commendations. I did luck out and get 2 pieces from the bags so I was up to over 200 expertise in my first 50 warzone.

Technically you can slot the +25 expertise enhancements into Champion gear also, but you'd be lowering the other stats on the Champ gear pretty far.

I still get chewed up pretty bad even though I'm up to 5 champion pieces but it's not nearly as bad as it was playing a level 20-30 against champ geared 50's before patch 1.1. That was enough to make me quit warzones entirely until the patch. I think even having 0 expertise at level 50 would be much less painful than that.

The G-201 Bantha Destroyer also has +25 expertise and has Power instead of Absorb, if I'd been thinking straight I would have bought those enhancements instead of the J-9s. Even as a tank Absorb is pretty useless in PVP.

Edited by Bittersteel

I like my expertise of 600+. the QQ'ers and whingers get what they deserve whenthey hit 50. So they dont want to WZ anymore I dont care. They can go ahead and quit. there are PLENTY out there like me who can't stand the noob QQ'er and whingers

NOOBS BE GONE!

Enjoy your queue times because people probably will quit. Or just roll an alt.

All I hear is, "I cannot beat people that are not 20 levels lower than me."

Your 100% right and i'd also prefer this armour mix, but that has nothing to do with how important expertise is. It does however have everything to do with the point where stacking other stats becomes more useful than stacking expertise and thats still a pretty decent way up.

Except what people are doing is far more imbalancing.

Getting PvE gear, ripping the mods out and putting them in there BM armor, now they have the stats AND the expertise.

Time for expertise to go imho, pvp exclusive players will suffer because they dont raid, raiders will suffer because they dont pvp, then we have the whole no lifers who do both with there 23 hour gaming days who sit above everyone with a best of both worlds scenario.

I'd sooner deal with raid geared players steamrolling pvp tbh than what we are getting right now.

Um no. What about the people that are geared and want to go against other geared teams? Also you take your lumps for a while but you eventually get geared too. You can still get gear when you lose. And sometimes youll get carried anyway by good healers.

Time for expertise to go imho, pvp exclusive players will suffer because they dont raid, raiders will suffer because they dont pvp, then we have the whole no lifers who do both with there 23 hour gaming days who sit above everyone with a best of both worlds scenario.

I'd sooner deal with raid geared players steamrolling pvp tbh than what we are getting right now.

There's a simple fix to that though; just make raid gear have the same stats as normal level 50 gear plus a pve-only stat.

do u seriously expect the narrow minded little whiners on this forum to be capable of thinking that far ahead? like 1 whole step? cmon dude u should know better by now XD

Edited by Laoi

I like my expertise of 600+. the QQ'ers and whingers get what they deserve whenthey hit 50. So they dont want to WZ anymore I dont care. They can go ahead and quit. there are PLENTY out there like me who can't stand the noob QQ'er and whingers

NOOBS BE GONE!

LOL QQing about the QQers. Very funny indeed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.