Penalize WZ quitters

Nedreep

The current system of awarding PvP bags based on wins is encouraging people to leave a game they think has a high probability of being a loss.

This is terribly frustrating because many of these games are perfectly winnable. Then you get the players who join these games late who immediately quit. The game can't properly shut down because it keep trying to add players to a game that is for all intents and purposes already over.

The solution:

Put a 20 minute debuff on any player who leaves a WZ that does not let them join another WZ until it wears off.

Its simple. If you have a legitimate reason to leave a WZ it wont bother you because chances are you wouldn't be back in less than 20 minutes anyways.

fix the problem with people not being to res at med center or getting caught out with the access timers first, actually, fix them second. Fix the problems with wz's starting with 4 vs 8 and 5 vs 8 inbalances first.

You can tak about penalties after more important issues are dealt with.

The current system of awarding PvP bags based on wins is encouraging people to leave a game they think has a high probability of being a loss.

This is terribly frustrating because many of these games are perfectly winnable. Then you get the players who join these games late who immediately quit. The game can't properly shut down because it keep trying to add players to a game that is for all intents and purposes already over.

The solution:

Put a 20 minute debuff on any player who leaves a WZ that does not let them join another WZ until it wears off.

Its simple. If you have a legitimate reason to leave a WZ it wont bother you because chances are you wouldn't be back in less than 20 minutes anyways.

then people afk

Fix the reason why people quit the warzone, instead of punishing people for quitting.

If all you do is punish people for quitting, without fixing the reason they want to quit, all it will do is make them AFK. That is exactly what happens in every MMO that has a deserter debuff.

That is all. OP, grow a brain. Thank you.

P.S. When someone leaves, there's a chance, however slight, that they will be replaced by someone good who is willing to fight. When people AFK, there's ZERO chance of that happening, it is simply a -1 player to your team. And there's NO WAY to stop people from AFKing. Not without a complete overhaul of PvP system and how points/valor/XP is awarded. And that's not happening for 2-3 years, going by WoW experience.

Edited by Sabbathius

Do both? Fix getting caught in the start area (eg., you can miss when the timer pops for you to be able to run out, then you're screw) and don't let matches fly with serious imbalance ... then put in a deserter penalty. It doesn't help when people just leave or AFK if their not happy with things. It screws everyone else.

I am a battlemaster sage. I have played a lot of pvp games. The majority of the times I see people quit is when you lose the first door on Voidstar or the other team two caps on Alderaan.

I agree starting a game lopsided sucks. They should hold the start until the team fills. But I still think pvp would be much better if we actually got to play full games instead of seeing people rage quit (on both sides) all the time.

I am a battlemaster sage. I have played a lot of pvp games. The majority of the times I see people quit is when you lose the first door on Voidstar or the other team two caps on Alderaan.

I agree starting a game lopsided sucks. They should hold the start until the team fills. But I still think pvp would be much better if we actually got to play full games instead of seeing people rage quit (on both sides) all the time.

hehe ive seen that to but ironically enough we just as often as we lose we win those, i couldn't help but chuckle at ones leaving when in end we won and the lost a win for leaving.

First off give players the option to queue for specific warzones. I know many players that instantly quit when they get huttball because it is such a horrible warzone. They would rather wait in the queue for another 20 min then play 1 round of huttball, personally I agree with them.

Second cross server queues to speed up the queue pops. Until this happens you can get stuck playing the same pre-made over and over until they have decided to stop stomping the players. Most of the time I will see players join run into the center only to realize that they are running into the same pre-made as the previous warzone and just quit.

Edited by Islefive

There are a lot of things BW would need to fix or address before they start adding in a "deserter" debuff. Fix the reasons why people leave, fix the problems with resurrections, allow crashed players to rejoin games, have policy against AFK leeches, add a vote kick to remove people who do not try for objectives and add an option to only queue for new games.

Then you can add the debuff.

I also think there should be a penalty. There was one in both Rift and EQ2. It doesn't need to be long, 10 minutes would probably suffice. I understand the reasoning that some folks have here not to, but I dont think it offsets the issue.

People are simply bouncing because the game doesn't go there way in the first 2 minutes, that is what I'm seeing more often than not.

I think it will be instituted at some point, but BW wants to work out the kinks first.

The solution:

Then ppl wont just quit the warzones, they'll quit the game...

Since PvP in this game is not good enough to make getting farmed fun...

Edited by Wiggletphyre

PvP in this game is complete garbage in it's current incarnation. When i say COMPLETE GARBAGE, i mean, it should be disabled and fully re-designed while firing the head of pvp development (yes you can post on here but i wouldn't if i were you).

1. ilum is a joke. The changes they made were a bandaid. Now, instead of trading control points, they trade kills at the lower populated faction base. While doing my weekly in under 40 mins today doing this, i managed to pick up 5 valor ranks.... yes 5...... although it was only 33-38.

2. Crowd controls are WAY too strong. Knock back with a Huge snare or Root attached that has a long duration........ seriously? Who ever approved that needs to be fired. Also, STUN, STUN, STUN, Force Choke, Knockback ROOT! Now catch me while I heal myself and my team..........

3. I'm fairly sure my resolve bar fills up once every 3-4 games. I cannot remember a time when i resisted a CC.

4. On the topic of CC. Why the hell aren't knockbacks, snares and slows on the resolve list?

5. Mediocre Healers are almost impossible to kill 1 v 1 to begin with and good healers won't die without being focused by no less than 2 people. Great healers aren't going to die period. Seriously, beating through a shield takes a lot longer than it should in comparison to the cool down of the shield.

Ilum: Focus it on objectives with kills being a side quest with added valor. Have Ilum activate every hour or two hours and have the sides fight for control. Add in siege mechanics (Aal DAOC). Have the battle rage for a set amount of time and then end it. Give a bonus to valor, xp or whatever based on how much of the ilum pvp map is controlled or how many objectives. Institute DR on kills in a fashion that is ACTUALLY WORKS..... There needs to be a better way to acquire pvp gear than those stupid annoying bags......... That system is REALLY stupid.

Have players you kill drop the champion tokens. lower the price on centurion/champion gear by 30% for actual primary armor slots (Chest, Head, legs, boots, belt), 15% for weapons (excluding off hand shields, generators, focuses) and 10% for the relics, implants and earpieces.

By the way, I was just in a warzone where my team had 12 people........ Theirs had 13....

Listen man, in a time period in the MMO industry where success and failure is heavily determined by the pvp mechanics in relation to the pve mechanics, i doubt you can afford to let things such as these continue while offering very little to any feedback and failing to fix bugs you said were fixed in a patch less than 24 hours prior. In addition, you really need to listen to your testers when they scream at you on the test forums about broken mechanics and they still show up broke week after week.