What's your favorite class and why?

mastermaj

Hey y'all. This is more of a thread for my own gain than anything.

I was just wondering why you picked the class you picked, was it worth it, and how do you like it overall?

Right now I just dinged my Sniper.

So far my overall thoughts on this class are mostly positive, the most negative I can think about it is the squishyness of him. Until you get a real AoE spell at 48, multiple targets HURRRRT, since 99% of the abilities are single target and on a CD.

So anyways.. that being said I was looking for another class to role, where I can walk into a room full of anything.. and excuse my language %#&* SOME SH$$ UPPPPPPP!!!!!

So far I've come to my conclusion on one of these three: Sith Inquisitor, Trooper, or a Knight/Warrior.

Thoughts, debates, opinions... your class and why?

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to put forth 1 minute of their time :D

My Bounty Hunter is amazing, was fun to level and is great in Hard Modes. Has quite a good amount of utility AND it's very fun to tank with. Love him in Warzones, grapple and other toys let me annoy other players to no end. :D

My Marauder is only lvl33, but I am having so much fun with open world pvp. I destroy classes 3-4 levels above me. I've only lost one pvp encounter to an equally leveled class that I've run across. I hear they aren't as fun in Warzones, but I'll wait and see. The story is also kinda nice, including the hot ex-Jedi babe trying to get into my pants. :cool:

I must admite my Assassin is my favorite, since i started watching this game and was lucky enough to be in one of those weekend beta's in sept. of 2010 i had been in love with the Sorc, game launches and i found the Sorc way to easy and boring, shield Khem, heal Khem, assist Khem , kill his target repeat. Not to mention everyone, his brother and their second cousin seems to be playing one. Since i still wanted to throw some lightening around I gave the Assasin a try, despite never being big on the melee class I am having a blast at 40. It also may be a bit silly but i just love the kick animation (ability name forgotten ATM).

Really enjoying my scoundrel. I like being free of the cover mechanic, but still have the option for it, and the ability to dps and heal in the same group. I just had a really fun fight last night where I alternated between the 2 roles because it was the only way to keep the tank alive.

Plus stealth! (Now if only my server had more people to gank...)

Except the same thing as OP - being really squishy in battlegrounds and bad at taking on multiple targets. I usually have one of the highest death counts (not kill counts, my own death) on the scoreboard due to being melee with no good bubble or a gap closer, though maybe it's my own fault too. I just drop in seconds.

But I love being a smuggler for the roleplay value. That glib tone of voice in cutscenes is great, and Han Solo is probably my favorite SW character.

Oh, and kicking sith lords in the nuts and doing as much damage with my fists as with a lightsaber is pretty awesome too.

I also like my powertech, but I'm not high enough to give any good opinion. (So far I feel like both a tank AND a dps, and kinda overpowered.)

Edited by Stenrik

My favorite in story so far is the Sniper and Bounty Hunter. My favorite for soloing is my BH. For getting cash is my BH. I went mercenary with my BH and spec'ed her for DPS. She rips through mobs like they are nothing. Even group mobs and Heroics.

Though honestly I can say that so far the only class I was not crazy about is the Trooper. Otherwise I have liked all the classes.