List your system specifications.

AlValentyn

This is rather simple, Bioware and many people are claiming low performance in the game is due to people that have underperforming systems.

Now many people claim their systems are within the Recommended specs or easily above it.

As such, let us list our specifications and get some clarification on the matter.

This also goes with the issue of High Resolutions Textures, which Bioware claim we are unable to run. While many have stated the Beta performed better with the high res textures than the game does now.

Monitor resolution: 2560x1440

Processor: i7 2600K

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 470

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Main Storage: Momentus XT Hybrid HDD/SSD

Graphical enhancements through Nvidia Inspector:

X8 FXAA

LOD -3

Bioware states that people might be CPU limited. Now that is extremely rare in modern games.

Especially when you're gaming at high resolutions when the GPU always takes the brunt of the effort.

Unless of course, if you're running Tri/Quad SLI or Xfire. In that case you need more CPU grunt to saturate the information being sent by the GPU setup.

The game barely seems to utilise Quad core processors and many GPUs. Yet at times can barely manage 30FPS for some people.

I admit though, that I do not have fps issues. Specially after turning off those ugly shadows.

Edited by AlValentyn

Monitor resolution: 5040 x 1080

Processor: i7 920 3.8 GHZ

Graphics card: CFX 5870 2 GB w/Danger Den blocks

RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz 1T

Main Storage: 150 GB 10K raptor, 1.5 TB seagate Baricuda

I have shadows on low and shader complexity on low. Still dip down to 45 FPS is spots. Should never go below 60 IMHO

Monitor Resolution: 1600x900

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE - 3.2Ghz

CPU Cooler: Dynex (Best Buy house brand) CPU fan (similar to Cooler Master 212)

RAM: 8.00GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1333Mhz

GPU: Sapphire HD 6850

HDD: Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM (I believe, could be mistaken)

Case: Rosewill ARMOR

I play with everything set to high, including AA, but have shadows turned completely off, as it impacts my frame rate horribly. I average about 60-70 FPS in most areas, and around 35-45 in the Fleet. My CPU never reaches over 50 C, and my GPU is never over 60 C, even after multiple hours of use.

Edited by ArchivedData

i5 750 @3.75ghz | HIS 5870 / 3x24 dell monitor in eyfinity | 8gb G Skill Ribjaw 1600mhz |

AsRock P55 exteme | Dark knight cooling | corsair 750tx psu | 1 TB WD HDD | CM HAF 932 Full Tower | Razer Mamba Gaming Mouse | Logitech G15 KB

4500ish average on 3dmark11 | 100ish fps off fleet 60ish on fleet high settings

Signature. gaming at 1920x1080p.

Heroengine is crap. They need another few years to optimize it.

I still run the game at 60fps, or above 45fps in warzones.

My main gripe besides the ugly game is the poor server networks. Latency jumps and 9000 errors suck.

Games running great on my Apple IIe.

Technical specifications

• Microprocessor

6502 or 65C02 running at 1.023 MHz

8-bit data bus

• Memory

64 KB RAM built-in

16 KB ROM built-in

Expandable from 64 KB up to 1 MB RAM or more

• Video modes

40 and 80 columns text, white-on-black, with 24 lines¹

Low-Resolution: 40×48 (16 colors)

High-Resolution: 280×192 (6 colors) *

Double-Low-Resolution: 80×48 (16 colors)

Double-High-Resolution: 560×192 (16 colors) *

*effectively 140×192 in color, due to pixel placement restrictions

¹Text can be mixed with graphic modes, replacing either bottom 8 or 32 lines of graphics with four lines of text, depending on video mode

• Audio

Built-in speaker; 1-bit toggling

Built-in cassette recorder interface; 1-bit toggle output, 1-bit zero-crossing input

• Expansion

Seven Apple II Bus slots (50-pin card-edge)

Auxiliary slot (60-pin card-edge)

Internal connectors

Game I/O socket (16-pin DIP)

RF modulation output (4-pin Molex)

Numeric keypad (11-pin Molex)

• External connectors

NTSC composite video output (RCA connector)

Cassette in/out (two 1⁄8-inch mono phono jacks)

Joystick (DE-9)

Games running great on my Apple IIe.

Technical specifications

• Microprocessor

6502 or 65C02 running at 1.023 MHz

8-bit data bus

• Memory

64 KB RAM built-in

16 KB ROM built-in

Expandable from 64 KB up to 1 MB RAM or more

• Video modes

40 and 80 columns text, white-on-black, with 24 lines¹

Low-Resolution: 40×48 (16 colors)

High-Resolution: 280×192 (6 colors) *

Double-Low-Resolution: 80×48 (16 colors)

Double-High-Resolution: 560×192 (16 colors) *

*effectively 140×192 in color, due to pixel placement restrictions

¹Text can be mixed with graphic modes, replacing either bottom 8 or 32 lines of graphics with four lines of text, depending on video mode

• Audio

Built-in speaker; 1-bit toggling

Built-in cassette recorder interface; 1-bit toggle output, 1-bit zero-crossing input

• Expansion

Seven Apple II Bus slots (50-pin card-edge)

Auxiliary slot (60-pin card-edge)

Internal connectors

Game I/O socket (16-pin DIP)

RF modulation output (4-pin Molex)

Numeric keypad (11-pin Molex)

• External connectors

NTSC composite video output (RCA connector)

Cassette in/out (two 1⁄8-inch mono phono jacks)

Joystick (DE-9)

damn dude can we trade ive been looking for something new

resolution

1920x1200

monitor

Dell Ultrasharp u2412m I-IPS ( best upgrade ever )

i5 2500k 3.3 ghz stock no overclock yet, brand new with a hyper 212 heatsink

4gb ram

gtx460 768 ASUS TOP, had to RMA my 560ti 448 core EVGA Classified :/

rocking the G930 wireless headphones too

Core i5 @ 2.73 Ghz

Radeon HD 6870

8GB Ram

Engine is unoptimized. This game is suppose to SCALE with a wide variety of rigs. Shouldn't take a beast to get consistent FPS. My FPS is rock solid 60 in Flashpoints, and when out questing.

Turns to mashed potatoes when I'm in the fleet or heavy pvp.

Signature. gaming at 1920x1080p.

Heroengine is crap. They need another few years to optimize it.

I still run the game at 60fps, or above 45fps in warzones.

My main gripe besides the ugly game is the poor server networks. Latency jumps and 9000 errors suck.

Ive never had a latency problem in this game its probably your set up or has to do with where you are located. I am located on the edge of the west coast and i have a 100mbps connection pluged in through an ethernet cable (screw wifi) and i have never had a latency jump(well never say never, but its very rare) and my latency stays at a very steady 40 ms

Edited by Samborino

Here's a laugher......... and keep in mind it's 8 years old and cost close to $3.5k back then.

Dell XPS Gen 5

Processor: Intel Extreme Edition 840 3.2 GHz

Graphics card: Nvidia 256 mb card

RAM: 4GB

Main Storage: 250.0 GB

.... and the game runs just fine..... once shadows are turned off.

Edited by stem

2500 K @ 4.7 Ghz

2 x 4 Gig 1600 @ 9-9-9-24 2T

2 x 40 Gig SSD in raid 0 (can max out PCI-X bus speeds when reading empty sectors)

2 x GTX 560 Ti in SLI

1920x1200 at 60 Hz with vsync enabled

I barely break a sweat on CPU or GPU performance.

Phenom 955 BE at 3.8 GHz

Sapphire 6870 1 GB

8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600

@1920x1080

all settings on high including shadows and 2x AA forced in Catalyst

Occasionally get close 100FPS in open world, but usually sitting around 50-60.

Fleet and rare other cases I get down to 30-35.

I get pretty frequent hitching and my bet's on texture-loading.

Resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel I7 2600K overclocked at 4.1ghz.

GPU: XFX HD5770 overclocked

Harddrive: OCZ 120g SSD

Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Quad Channel

Power Supply: Corsair 750w

I know my video card is pretty crappy, but I really should be getting better frame-rate and loading times. I mean, it's not that bad but still..it could definitely be better. Due to my gpu, I'm pretty much forced to run on a combination or high/low settings. If I could adjust draw distance in the game(I know you can do it in the ini...but i'm too lazy to mess around with different settings) I could get a better frame-rate. Being able to change it from the graphics tab would be GREAT. Oh well. I suspect once I get my GTX 560 Ti I'll be fine with everything set to high and getting 60fps constant.

One thing i can confirm as somebody who has recently changed rigs: this game runs like garbage on lower end spec machines that are within the minimum requirements.

I had a quad core system running @3.2 each, 4GB RAM and a 9600GT. The fleet and Ilum would kill my machine.

Now i have:

2700k@4.5

8GB 1600 RAM

GTX 560 Ti 1GB x2

The difference in performance is night and day when it comes to the fleet and Ilum.

Edited by AKfourtyseven

Res: 1920x1080

Cpu: i5 2500 @ 5ghz

Gpu: GTX570 x2 sli

Ram: 8gb

Sys: win7 64

Sytem and game installed on seperate crucial M4 ssds.

Game runs like a piece of crap. Constant fps fluctuation and with everything high i dip below 50 in warzones when in the middle of the fray.

Had

Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz

Nvidia GTX 570 glh

4gb DDR2

And it ran really badly, got around 30 ish fps in a lot of places and it wasnt smooth at all. Max settings, 1920 x 1080, forced AA 4x. Switching off forced aa made it worse.

Now

I7 2700k @ 4.4ghz

Nvidia GTX 570 glh

8gb DDR3 1866mhz

And now its locked 60 fps everywhere with Vsync on (not tried a warzone yet). Max settings, 1920 x 1080, in game AA on. (Forcing higher AA at the moment causes effects to dissapear for me).

Edited by Ubung

Resolution 1920 X 1080

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit OS

Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H MoBo Version 2.0

AMD 3.2 Phenom II 955 Black Edition Quad

16 Gigs Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600 Ram with 9-9-9-27 Latency Timing @ 1.65 V

XFX HD 6870 Black Edition X 2 Video Cards Running X-Fired Each with 1 Gig of DDR5 Memory

XFX 975 Watt Black Edition PSU

1 TB HD

Monster CPU Cooler

5 Case Fans (2 on top, 1 in the front, 1 on the side and 1 on the back) plus the fans on my CPU Cooler, PSU Unit and Video Cards. All operating temps are normal, there's never a heat issue.

All of the latest drivers including the AMD drivers released last week, which btw neither increased nor decreased performance.

All performace indicators on the Windows 7 Experience Index are:

Processor 7.3

Memory (Ram) 7.5

Graphics: 7.7

Gaming Graphics: 7.7

Primary Hard Disk 5.9

7.9 Being the highest rating available.

With V-Sync turned off, I get 110+FPS almost everywhere except for the fleet during peak times. During peak times drops off to 45-60ish, even at low pop times on the fleet the game is still very choppy. When someone else comes into my view, such as someone riding towards me on the fleet on a speeder, it's like the game takes a few seconds to load them or someting, and while loading them it slows my system down. I don't know.....

On Ilum, as soon as I get there I go from over 100FPS to around 60. As soon as the fighting starts at the central location I drop down to under 10 and the game becomes virtually unplayable until people start getting killed and leaving the area.

During WZ's it runs good until the fighting starts in a big group. When that happens I just start mashing my buttons and targeting whoever has the lowest health. You can't focus someone when there's a lot of people around fighting because it's almost impossible to defend yourself. By the time you figure out who's attacking you, you're dead because of the lag. PVP takes no skill in this game, it's purely situational and luck of the draw. it's just too damn laggy. It sucks.

I just don't understand how I can do 25 man raids on WoW with graphics maxed and have no problems, or play Crysis, BF3 or Need For Speed on high with the same results as WoW.

It's a mystery to me!

Edited by boatracer

Resolution 1920 X 1080

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit OS

Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H MoBo Version 2.0

AMD 3.2 Phenom II 955 Black Edition Quad

16 Gigs Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600 Ram with 9-9-9-27 Latency Timing @ 1.65 V

XFX HD 6870 Black Edition X 2 Video Cards Running X-Fired Each with 1 Gig of DDR5 Memory

XFX 975 Watt Black Edition PSU

1 TB HD

Monster CPU Cooler

5 Case Fans (2 on top, 1 in the front, 1 on the side and 1 on the back) plus the fans on my CPU Cooler, PSU Unit and Video Cards. All operating temps are normal, there's never a heat issue.

All of the latest drivers including the AMD drivers released last week, which btw neither increased nor decreased performance.

All performace indicators on the Windows 7 Experience Index are:

Processor 7.3

Memory (Ram) 7.5

Graphics: 7.7

Gaming Graphics: 7.7

Primary Hard Disk 5.9

7.9 Being the highest rating available.

Ahahahaha all that hardware specs in fine detail like a boss then you go and list windows 7 experience index. As well as your "handy windows experience index guide" 7.9 is the highest you can get people, pass it on.

Ahahahahahahahahaha......

EDIT: sorry that was harsh, couldn't help it. Funniest thing I have seen all day.

Edited by Harower

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.