Seriously People?

Omniana

Saying this probably won't do me any good, because there's always people like this out there, but if someone is fighting on top of a resource node, give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they're going to get it and don't take it from underneath them. If it really means that much to you, wait till their done fighting to see if they take it or not. It's not cool.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PVE or PVP server?

PVP kill them instead. If your same faction. Report them to their guilds officers which should be able to be looked up via the server/guild list.

If you are on a PVE server and someone from the opposite faction is ganking your nodes.. well.. that's why we roll on pvp servers :p

Saying this probably won't do me any good, because there's always people like this out there, but if someone is fighting on top of a resource node, give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they're going to get it and don't take it from underneath them. If it really means that much to you, wait till their done fighting to see if they take it or not. It's not cool.

I agree, i hate people who do this.. i always tend to wait and see if they are just fighting or actually fighting for the node. if they dont run to it after the fight I'll go ahead and harvest but it's courteous to wait and not steal right from under somone. Its just a jerk thing to do.

This is called "claim jumping." I hate it when this happens too. It is the same idea with quest items (like an egg next to you that you will take when you are finished fighting) and anything else I'm fighting to get close to. Many people lose all sense of honor when they come online.

Agreed with the OP.

I always wait until the person fighting has killed the mob and moved on before gathering the node.

Sure, not a big issue, nodes are plentifull and resource needs are small when crafting, but still, it is rude as hell.

This is called "claim jumping." I hate it when this happens too. It is the same idea with quest items (like an egg next to you that you will take when you are finished fighting) and anything else I'm fighting to get close to. Many people lose all sense of honor when they come online.

Absolutely true. I don't swoop in and claim either resources or quest objects if someone's there first. I put people on ignore that do it to me, since I'm not likely to ever wanna group with such a person.

Edited by diamondking

The Darkside made me do it is my excuse.

Works for both factions haha

Cry more? Seriously. Get over it :p

hahaha.. it works even better if you whisper the person "u mad?" after you take their node. You can get into some great flamewars.

When I see posts like this, I weep for the future of this community.

Edited by Tarka

This is just the way of MMOs nowadays.. thank you very much, warcrap... Those of us players with actual manners are few and far between.

This isn't warcraft's fault. This is the fault of the individuals who persist in acting like self entitled, immature and impatient children.

I always ask to group up with someone if I see them waiting for something like a boss spawn--and if they accept, I let them take the loot if they were there first. If I see people buffing up to take on a little mob, I wait until they attack and the hp bars go grey before passing through (and tossing a few rocks to help as I go by). This stuff only seems fair, and it's how I would like people to behave. We are all here for the long haul--we might as well be friendly~

At the very least, I'd hope to see people staying away from stealing kills or resources. I had 2 instances last night of that, and it really is aggravating. Some of the bonus objective bosses only spawn every 6-8 minutes or so, so after waiting 5 for one to show up and having a Knight class leap 30 feet and take the first swing before I can throw a boulder...well... it's annoying. Watching someone run by me as I take on 8 enemies and loot a security ches while the enemies are busy is just rude.

Anyways. My 2 cents. It won't change anything, but I do hope that others feel like following a basic code of courtesy :)

Edited by Journeyer