Tracer Missile truth!

ihateyouall

The funniest part of this whole discussion is watching the defenders of the tracer missile spam make up ways to counter it. LOS the BH. Use interrupt, then stun, then a knockback, so then you can use your interrupt again, not the stun though, thats now on cooldown. All to counter a skill that has no colldown, hits like a truck.

So, the premise of the defense is, use a bunch of skills with cooldowns and completely outplay the tracer spammer and you *MIGHT* win? Then what about tracer spammer number 2? 3? 6? There is no drawback to spamming it. There is only a marginally more effective way to play it. Defense against it takes coordination and MANY skills, many of which have brutally long cooldowns.

If you think this skill won't be nerfed, you are crazy.

You'll find most people defending it aren't against it being changed. They're against it just being nerfed with nothing else being changed. It's the ability around which the spec is based and if you nerf it you'll need to buff something else to make the spec competitive.

Plus there's a lot more to it than just spamming one ability. Most of us who've actually played a commando/BH know exactly what happens when you try that against a player with any amount of skill and awareness.

This information is always posted in these grav round/tracer missile whine threads, yet there are still countless idiots demanding it just be nerfed. It's not that simple and it's why those idiots are drooling at their keyboards posting angry threads and not designing games for a living.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So every mercenary/commando on these forums swears on his mothers grave that Tracer Missile and Grey Rounds is not OP.

They say people who spam that ability are "bad. Good mercenaries don't do that."

Well, guess what. From what I've seen, there's a lot of "bad mercenaries / commando's" in this game, because I see these classes do it all the time. I always watch their abilities, and it's usually the same deal. Tracer missile, Tracer mis (interrupted) ... pause ... unload! ... tracer missile, tracer missile (than they usually end up dead or switch targets to do more tracer missile.)

So, my point is, maybe people who spam tracer missile are just bad. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time. And it doesn't mean it isn't completely silly. There's no other class in the game that has an ability like this. If I sat there casting snipe over and over, I wouldn't do half the damage of tracer missile.

Not to mention the animation and sound of the ability is super annoying, and just adds to the goofyness of the whole thing.

What ability would you like an arsenal merc to use then ? Honestly youre an idiot if youre arsenal and you arent spamming tracer round.

have you even bothered to look at the arsenal tree and see how many talents affect Tracer ?

Then i see someone saying, add a 5 sec cooldown to it and problem is solved... Well ya if you want to destroy the arsenal tree.

Blame bioware, not the player for using common sense

I can guarentee if they changed the visability of the skill, half of these people wouldnt be here, they just see BH using this skill and think thats all they use, if the way it looked was less durastic, people wouldn't be here. all ou QQ's need to L2P and stop being so bad at the game, if you want to lower the damage fine but then you better make it less heat, i would be fine with that, other than that, any nerf BW does will obliterate the class.

Really whether or not it's balanced or built that way is irrelevant.

Fact is either 1 of 2 things happens.

1. Tracer/grav round spam is fixed.

2. IF #1 does not happen a lot of people leave PVP.

A lot of us understand that spamming noobs are not using their class to it's full potential, but when someone can literally derp mode people to death fairly easily and consistently it just sucks the fun out of PVP for those of us actually expending effort not to suck.

Even if we beat said player by 100k and 10 kills, they still ALMOST did the same amount we did using derp mode. You pretty much have to double whatever they do for it not to feel totally lame. Even then, you'll end up dying to tracer missle spam at some point during a match and it's just annoyingly frustrating to know you just got killed pretty quickly by a complete idiot spamming a single button.

The simple frustration of skilless players being able to compete due to the class being designed so simply on it's own is toxic.

Really whether or not it's balanced or built that way is irrelevant.

Fact is either 1 of 2 things happens.

1. Tracer/grav round spam is fixed.

2. IF #1 does not happen a lot of people leave PVP.

A lot of us understand that spamming noobs are not using their class to it's full potential, but when someone can literally derp mode people to death fairly easily and consistently it just sucks the fun out of PVP for those of us actually expending effort not to suck.

Even if we beat said player by 100k and 10 kills, they still ALMOST did the same amount we did using derp mode. You pretty much have to double whatever they do for it not to feel totally lame. Even then, you'll end up dying to tracer missle spam at some point during a match and it's just annoyingly frustrating to know you just got killed pretty quickly by a complete idiot spamming a single button.

The simple frustration of skilless players being able to compete due to the class being designed so simply on it's own is toxic.

Make every class hard to play and see how many people leave, alot more than those that will leave if some classes are easier.

Mercs remind me of elemental shamans, dangerous if left alone, ******* if attacked.

Edited by mutee

Make every class hard to play and see how many people leave, alot more than those that will leave if some classes are easier.

Mercs remind me of elemental shamans, dangerous if left alone, ******* if attacked.

Your subscription has been cancelled.

You have 14 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

..... does this count as leaving a class to? PVP is just silly rewards bag system is silly not mutch more to say about this. Enjoy the game all, i din't. (melee class bites the dust)

This entire thread is ridiculous. Using an ability 3x in a row to buff damage on other abilities = ONLY EVER SPAMMING TRACER MISSILE NON-STOP ?

Arsenal BH may have a simple cycle, but it's more than one ability.

Tracer Missile x3

Electro Dart

Heatseeker Missiles

Rail Shot

Unload

Is using 5 different abilities every 7 clicks considered spamming these days? LOL

This entire thread is ridiculous. Using an ability 3x in a row to buff damage on other abilities = ONLY EVER SPAMMING TRACER MISSILE NON-STOP ?

Arsenal BH may have a simple cycle, but it's more than one ability.

Tracer Missile x3

Electro Dart

Heatseeker Missiles

Rail Shot

Unload

Is using 5 different abilities every 7 clicks considered spamming these days? LOL

you use considerably mroe skills then that. You get hit, use heals, shields, knockbacks, stuns, grenades etc WHILE your trying to get those tracers off, i dont get left alone for 3 secons in my warzones, bcouse most imps by now on my server KNOWS ill do alot of damage if im left alone. I use a ******** of different skills

you use considerably mroe skills then that. You get hit, use heals, shields, knockbacks, stuns, grenades etc WHILE your trying to get those tracers off, i dont get left alone for 3 secons in my warzones, bcouse most imps by now on my server KNOWS ill do alot of damage if im left alone. I use a ******** of different skills

I was just listing the basic rotation, you're absolutely correct that a lot of other abilities are being used as well.

So every mercenary/commando on these forums swears on his mothers grave that Tracer Missile and Grey Rounds is not OP.

They say people who spam that ability are "bad. Good mercenaries don't do that."

Well, guess what. From what I've seen, there's a lot of "bad mercenaries / commando's" in this game, because I see these classes do it all the time. I always watch their abilities, and it's usually the same deal. Tracer missile, Tracer mis (interrupted) ... pause ... unload! ... tracer missile, tracer missile (than they usually end up dead or switch targets to do more tracer missile.)

So, my point is, maybe people who spam tracer missile are just bad. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time. And it doesn't mean it isn't completely silly. There's no other class in the game that has an ability like this. If I sat there casting snipe over and over, I wouldn't do half the damage of tracer missile.

Not to mention the animation and sound of the ability is super annoying, and just adds to the goofyness of the whole thing.

M8, Good BH will say Arsenal in pvp is for noobs and clickers.. Noobs BH will say pyrotech is for noobs. ;) U get me?

The thing is, alot of our other regular used spells are instant (heatseeker, railshot, electro dart, ...)

So people that don't know how a Merc works only see Tracer and Unload being used, like the OP says. That pause that you mention....it's probably an instant spell.

We use alot of different spells in different situations and i'm pretty sure other classes don't use more then we do. Not to mention the buffs/debuffs we have to keep an eye out for, which kind off make up the rotation. (How many tracer locks, heat signatures, barrage procs, ....?)

But like stated in other posts, if you leave us alone and let us spam you it's your own fault you're getting burned down.

I'm not letting a scoundrel nuke me from behind without trying to get away either. :eek:

And about Bounty Hunters spamming Tracers only, yes they are out there, just like there are Inquisitors spamming just lighting on others, or any other class with some core rotation spell that does decent damage.

Instead of crying about it actually try to look beyond what you see in BG's. If we had a combat log available we wouldn't be having this discussion. (Assuming you played against some decent Mercs ofc)

Edited by Shamanica

Ya, thank you main stream. If you want successful skill based PVP then your out of luck because people are too freakin lazy and entitled. They want to win, but they don't want to try very hard. *throws a temper tantrum till he gets a participation medal*.

I mean elitism is one thing, but the extreme of pandering to people that would evidently have issues finger-painting is another altogether. Freekin geez.

Edited by CommandoPower

Ya, thank you main stream. If you want successful skill based PVP then your out of luck because people are too freakin lazy and entitled. They want to win, but they don't want to try very hard. *throws a temper tantrum till he gets a participation medal*.

I mean elitism is one thing, but the extreme of pandering to people that would evidently have issues finger-painting is another altogether. Freekin geez.

The game is about making money, so mainstream is the only way, i mean they spent 200 million developing the game they need to make it back somehow.

The game is about making money, so mainstream is the only way, i mean they spent 200 million developing the game they need to make it back somehow.

So what your saying is that very few truly great games will ever be made anymore because companies will just churn out good or ok games for profit? Oh wait, your right, that's EA in a nut shell.

thats because you have to spam tracer missile its the class mechanic people that dont spam it ARE THE ONES NOT PLAYING IT PROPERLY 5 tracer missiles give the caster a 10% dmg reduction shield and stacks armor debuff on enemy x5 tracer missile also procs barrage which makes unload do 25% more dmg

tracer missile x 5 then boom heat seekers in your face if your enemy is still alive that is haha