Hit Piece or Hard Truth?

ThreeToedSloth

Granted, it looks like he at least got a FEW things right, including the matchups of characters to their counterparts in WOW, although this is a bit stretched as these character designs have existed for a long time before WOW ever existed. WOW is, after all, a Dungeons and Dragons clone at its heart.

You think he got that part right? How does he justify comparing a Consular to a WoW Priest and a Sorcerer to a Shaman?

A healing Sorc AND Consular compare well to a Priest, but even damage based Cons/Sorc aren't remotely like a WoW Shaman and are much much closer to a WoW Mage in my opinion.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this blogger, and why should I care about his opinion? Unless he has hard numbers and actual facts, other than citing troll infested forums like 4chan as his reliable sources, and old news about EA's stock dipping for a whole day before bouncing back even stronger he's just another mouth with a website, trying to generate traffic. :rolleyes:

People can believe whatever they want to believe, personally I'll wait for cold, hard numbers and facts. Of course, they don't really matter much to me as long as I can still play the game and enjoy myself I don't care whether they have 500k subs or 10 million, it won't affect my life at all either way.

Edit: I like how he suggests that piracy , of all things, could account for high sales. Lol this guy is utterly clueless. Bloggers crack me up. :D

Edited by Malefactor

You think he got that part right? How does he justify comparing a Consular to a WoW Priest and a Sorcerer to a Shaman?

A healing Sorc AND Consular compare well to a Priest, but even damage based Cons/Sorc aren't remotely like a WoW Shaman and are much much closer to a WoW Mage in my opinion.

Well let me address that. I'm not sure it's entirely right, but the few examples he suggested seemed reasonable.

I just don't even see it as an issue. I don't know enough about WOW to comment so I should probably retract that "he got that right". But I wouldn't be surprised if the classes match up roughly to those in other games. Many of them are established roles that have been used for a while, was my intended point.

But thanks for pointing it out. I definitely could have written that little part better.

If he was trying to write a legitimate blog, he would have provided pros and cons instead of just having a 100% pure bashfest in his blog, then he would learn what spellcheck is and have a revelation of proofreading. It all takes like 10 mins of life.

Why is it that people who are trying to fight against TOR have such horrid views that just dissolve their arguement? :confused:

Never thought you did. But helping that blogger out with backlinks and linkjuice for their SEO (I mean you link directly to technorati) ... is a bold move on your part.

That's me! Bold and zesty with hints of cherry and oak! :D

Meh...in truth I have no agenda, I have stopped playing but I'm conflicted about it. Honestly I only skimmed the article before I re-posted it. Wish I had read it a bit closer, it is a sorry bit of writing. :o

Edited by ThreeToedSloth

how am I supposed to take this seriously when he mentions piracy talking about an MMO. How am I supposed to play this game without a serial key and a pirated copy? What am I gonna do? Look at the launcher?

Agreed, it's hilarious and demonstrates how utterly clueless this guy is. Impossible to take him seriously. It's also rather funny how he's crying like a little baby in the comments section trying to defend himself and his pathetic "article" by repeating over and over "personal attacks are not allowed". Welcome to life pal, publish trash attacking something without any proof or facts and you're going to get bashed right back.

Edited by Malefactor

Pretty much this.

It just reads like a high school English take-home assignment.

Quite frankly, what you just said is border-line laughable. Stop attacking the guy's writing style and read the argument. He's spot on. It's sad that fanboys only have 1 defense: irrelevant attacks.

Quite frankly, what you just said is border-line laughable. Stop attacking the guy's writing style and read the argument. He's spot on. It's sad that fanboys only have 1 defense: irrelevant attacks.

There you go posting opinion as fact again. It's what makes your sig so laughable. :rolleyes:

What arguments? "everyone knows..." is not an argument.

Lol says Xugos. You're too funny. Yes I have heard of private servers, I've been MMO gaming for over 15 years now. I've never heard of them at launch however, as generally the "pirates" need to get a hold of legitimate copies and it takes time to figure out and set up servers. Look at SWG EMU, it's still got terrible servers with horrendous code.

http://technorati.com/entertainment/gaming/article/how-and-why-star-wars-the1/

Fresh off the press.

Thoughts?

EDIT : Some of you seem to think I wrought it. Not so, just found it. :rolleyes:

Yeah this dude is just doing what lots of trolls have been doing on these forums - sort of working themselves up into a frenzy of wannabe prophetic hyperbole. The author of this article is just a bandwagon jumper hoping the bandwagon he's jumping on is going to have legs (to mix metaphors :) ).

They are all so far off the mark, they simply have no clue what's actually going on here.

They are missing out on the obvious point: BW's main target audence hasn't been so much the existing market of MMO players, but rather a whole bunch of new people who may have never played an MMO before, or who maybe tried an MMO (even tried WoW) but didn't like it.

For them, SWTOR will be the "magic" experience that most of us old hands have had already in older games, and are constantly trying to recapture.

A few years from now, they will be online on other new MMOs ************ about how there are no voicovers, and how they like lots of good voiceovered quests with their MMO gameplay :)

Edited by gurugeorge

Wow - guy who can't write seeks hits for his blog.

Never seen that one before.

Also - in B4 the lock :)

And he calls himself a professional in the description. I'm sorry, but if he can't take the time to edit in order to get those glaring mistakes out of there, I'm not going to seriously consider it a worthy blog post.

Did he really use the word, "piracy" in talking about a subscription-based MMO, which requires a valid CD key before you can even create an account? A CD that only comes with a purchased box and their account-creation server knows what are valid keys and what would be invalid?

Really? Is this guy for real, or what?

Yes, he did....and provided no supportive evidence. I actually shook my head.

"However these don't account fully for piracy."

Is this guy serious?! How can you *********** pirate TOR?

WAR was a great game btw, people didn't like it because no one likes to pvp, not without having shiny rewards anyway... If anything, what ruined WAR was EA's greed, which is my only concern for TOR, but Bioware can probably handle themselves a bit better.

Edited by Lightmaguz