if you want to invite me to party, ASK ME first.

Kabjat

I have taken the liberty to circumvent the obvious retorts to my post with the following hypothetical questions:

"If you don't wanna be invited to groups, you should just go play a single-player game."

No. I don't mind being invited to groups. What I do mind is someone inviting me to party without showing me the courtesy of ASKING me first if I wish to party with them.

"Turn on auto-decline group invites if you are such an anti-social person. Gawd, it's an MMO, people group to do stuff."

I love to group with people in order to meet a common objective. In fact, I am usually quite enthusiastic to party up with other players...provided they are willing to behave in a social manner themselves by being POLITE. It's RUDE to ninja-invite. Is it so hard to WHISPER someone and ask them if they even WANT to do the same thing you are doing?

And incidentally, I HAVE toggled auto-decline after today...didn't even know it was an option till my husband showed me. It cheeses me off that I have to and that people are so socially stunted that they can't be bothered to ASK first.

I'm all for efficiency. But when someone just spams me with his party invite without any regard to what I may be doing, it just makes me NOT want to party with him on principle alone. Like, even if I do want to do the same thing he wants to do, Saving Face, Personal Challenge, whatever....if he sends an invite without asking first, it's a forgone conclusion that I will NOT group with that person.

Totally agree with your post.

What I'd like to see is the following client side option:

"Request invite message from player's invites"

So if a player is sending you an invite he's going to have a mandatory input box pops up, to which he can select cancel = drop invite or fill it in and send the invite.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every declines party invite do the more people ignoring multyplayers gaming in the future.

Every players who prefer solo-gaming kills SWtOR gaming community.

Every day that anyone can't find party make decision to cancel subscription easier.

So, come on, play like its solo-game but do not whine that server population decimate after several months.

It's simple but weird people can't think about it. :mad:

Edited by cyberxeit

I had someone who was either following me or doing the same quest. He invited me EIGHT times before I finally whispered him and told him to stop. Seriously if you do it once and it's declined, obviously that person doesn't want to group. Annoying them only lands you on the ignore list.

Even doing it once is foolish IMO. If you don't talk, neither of you knows if the other person is actually doing a quest you want/need to do.

My only exception is that if it's obvious you're both going after the same boss. Instead of racing to see who gets him first (and making the other person wait for it to respawn), it's better to try to group up.

Yep.

I think most everyone is in agreement here. When you have a big boss spawn and it's obvious everyone needs it, then whispering is cumbersome. Just invite xD

I guess my beef this morning was getting the ninja invite from someone who has no idea if I even need the quest still. I would have helped him without hesitation if he'd just asked.

I got invited to a group the other day and I accepted without thinking because i was in the middle of combat in fah'thra's palace. I say in party, "What do you all need?"

"About to go do heroics."

I say, "I just got here...still need to do all the missions here."

"Oh....well, we just finished here. come with us now and you can do this later."

"Later y'all...have fun." /leave group

I mean REALLY? They ninja invite me to start off with, which only irritates me. THEN they tell me to drop what I'm doing to help them do the heroics? Hopefully this type of thoughtlessness isn't the norm.

Every declines party invite do the more people ignoring multyplayers gaming in the future.

Every players who prefer solo-gaming kills SWtOR gaming community.

Every day that anyone can't find party make decision to cancel subscription easier.

So, come on, play like its solo-game but do not whine that server population decimate after several months.

It's simple but weird people can't think about it. :mad:

Well, I am of the opinion that rudeness is what sends the SWTOR community in decline. It's really not hard to show a bit of courtesy.

If you had read my post you would see that I clearly stated that I LOVE to group with people. I really do. I love to connect with other players. What I don't like is how entitled and inconsiderate some players can be in these situations. I'm not talking about a mass invite to kill a big elite that everyone in zone OBVIOUSLY needs. I'm talking about blindly inviting players to party when you have no way of knowing what that player is currently engaged in or even if they NEED to accomplish the same objective as you. Maybe they already did that quest for the day. A simple, "Hey you wanna do Saving Face?" would take all of 2 seconds. And even if I had already done it, I would say, "Already did it, but I would be happy to help!"

THAT fosters community. Right there, I likely have someone I would add to friends list.

Well, I am of the opinion that rudeness is what sends the SWTOR community in decline. It's really not hard to show a bit of courtesy.

I think you've redefined rudeness and courtesty to be doing things the way you want them to be done....

Kabjat I read your signature and it made me so sad I'm crying. Please rectify that sad situation before playing any further. :)

I hate the thought of anyone not having enough beer on hand. It's like not having enough air to breathe

ROFL, well that quote actually came from a silly little British comedy that I used to watch. That quote is indeed sad. :( Luckily, it has been rectified. Dos Equis ftw

Totally agree with your post.

What I'd like to see is the following client side option:

"Request invite message from player's invites"

So if a player is sending you an invite he's going to have a mandatory input box pops up, to which he can select cancel = drop invite or fill it in and send the invite.

I support this.

Guy is killing an npc we both need for a quest and that mob has a long spawn time: Invite without asking questions.

Guy declines: He's an idiot and I leave him alone

Guy accepts: I thank him after npc is dead and ask him if he needs help with any other quest.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

If you kindly ask me for help, I will most likely do so. I see some guy in general chat on the fleet spammmmming for someone to run him through the Black Talon. I am about 35 at the time and minding my own business at the GTN when that person just invites me to group. I declined it immediately. The guy then invited me again, I declined. Before I got to 'ignore' him he whispers me telling me to go do things to myself that are physically impossible. So tired of immature morons who are socially challenged.

Usually i'll ask first. Unless it's obvious that we're after the same mob for the same quest. Then I'll just invite. Same with when people invite me. If it's obvious that we're on the same quest; I'll accept. If you're killing the same elite mob that someone else needs for the same quest, and they invite without asking; Just accept. You know why they are inviting you. So don't be a d*ck and get all pissy about them not asking.

Guy is killing an npc we both need for a quest and that mob has a long spawn time: Invite without asking questions.

Guy accepts: I thank him after npc is dead and ask him if he needs help with any other quest.

Only in MY case, Guy is standing in quest hub minding his own business and Ninja-inviter is spamming general LFM.

If he wanted me in his group, he could have whispered me.

I suppose it's only inevitable someone adds something like this....proof that you didn't read the thread and follow up comments.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate - reply

Usually i'll ask first. Unless it's obvious that we're after the same mob for the same quest. Then I'll just invite. Same with when people invite me. If it's obvious that we're on the same quest; I'll accept. If you're killing the same elite mob that someone else needs for the same quest, and they invite without asking; Just accept. You know why they are inviting you. So don't be a d*ck and get all pissy about them not asking.

Stop trying to make this thread unpleasant with your insults and read what has been said.

I already SAID I am ok with invite spam if EVERYONE in area is waiting for elite boss.

Assumptions are a big contributing factor to the ugliness in the community.

This whole thread is so retarded

Agree with every word.

Only in MY case, Guy is standing in quest hub minding his own business and Ninja-inviter is spamming general LFM.

I suppose it's only inevitable someone adds something like this....proof that you didn't read the thread and follow up comments.

Stop trying to make this thread unpleasant with your insults and read what has been said.

I already SAID I am ok with invite spam if EVERYONE in area is waiting for elite boss.

Assumptions are a big contributing factor to the ugliness in the community.

Wow, just like in game, you want to control how people do stuff of the forums..... interesting. Explains some things.

Edited by Surakis

For me, depends on the situation.

If we're all standing around waiting on a spawn that we have to kill, just invite me already. I've had several groups that have formed, killed the mob and disbanded without so much as a word.

If I'm out questing in the world and you want me to join your FP, or you need a hand with something and your randomly working your way down the who list, then ask me first.

You must've read my mind!

But in a quest hub, where time or respawns are not of the essence, I really don't understand why people ninja-invite. Honestly, does it even occur to them the possibility that the player they are inviting may have already done the heroic? if I don't respond to their LFM spam in general, then why would I all of a sudden decide I need to group with this person just because he invites me?

By quest hub, do you mean at a safe village? I'd agree that blind invites there are rude. But a quest location, that's something else. If you are just standing idle at the entrance of a Heroic, why would you be surprised at blind invites? Any other place than the actual quest location, I think it's rude to blind invite for it. Blind Invites should never involve having to travel away from the current location. That's when asking is a must.

Has it occurred to you that sometimes a blind invite isn't because someone needs your help, but because they think it would simply be faster with 2 people and they're offering to make it faster for both of you? Or maybe they think you need help and they're offering to help you?

I never blind invite if I'm the one who needs help, I'll ask first. Half the time, the other person realizes I need help and offers with a blind invite. Not that SWTOR has had any times where I've needed to do this. It's all very soloable. It's my experience with other MMOs that I'm mostly drawing upon for this topic.

I was doing that heroic +2 on Ilum alone, guy approached me, invited without question and I accepted him in group.

Quest was over before I knew it, I thank him, he thanked me and we went our ways.

Then again, when I invite someone who's doing those heroics alone they just decline and then I'm the rude one for inviting without asking?

I bet you're one of those people who are too arrogant and proud to be in a group with a person who didn't beg for the presence of your greatness in their vicinity.

Cheers

Wow, just like in game, you want to control how people do stuff of the forums..... interesting. Explains some things.

ROFL this is typical

all it explains is that I am expressing my opinion and POLITELY asking people to not be insulting.

flagged and ignored.

ROFL this is typical

all it explains is that I am expressing my opinion and POLITELY asking people to not be insulting.

flagged and ignored.

And I can't express my opinion? I think this response reinforces my previous comment.

"My way or the highway" is not really opinion, in my opnion that is.