if you want to invite me to party, ASK ME first.

Kabjat

I thought the subject of this thread was ideas to reduce the amount of unsolicited group invites. Derailment attempt much?

And super-powered companions was introduced as a fix that would be silly to implement. You're not actually saying any ideas put forth are forbidden from being examined and questioned, are you? Or just yours?

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't take offense to blind group invites in or near heroic zones. Those are almost expected and usually work out ok, as most I've hooked up with immediately try sharing quests before the first mob ever drops. Blind invites in normal areas is probably less tolerable though nothing I would take offense to. Now, what grates my cheese are blind guild invites. I would at least like the courtesy of a date before someone invites me in for a nightcap. Edited by GalacticKegger

Originally Posted by uteboy

Preferences -> User Interface -> Social Center -> Show Invites as Social Messages

For those that didn't know it was there / didn't know what it does ( like me ) this stops the dialog in the middle of the screen and instead gives you a message underneath your chat box instead ( presuming you also have "Attach Social Notifications to Chat" checked ), same as a "you have new mail" message, or a "Friend X has logged on" message, with a check and a cross to accept or decline.

Thanks for that!

Will definately be trying to find that option and make it work that way instead : )

I'll add to this that it works like a charm : ) Thanks again Uteboy.

While this does not change the "social" aspect of a blind invite as has been discussed (lengthily :p) in this thread, it certainly removes the practical annoyance it can form. Bioware got one right that time.