It finally happened!

dadeeyoh

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your a trolling liar, but if it did happen it was on purpose. Two premades queueing together and hit the button together, or even 1 premade and a guild having their other sorc all queueing at the same time. Personally never seen more than 4 on 1 side and some of them were shadows.

I fought against 5-6 sorcs several times so I don't think it's that unlikely to have 8 sorcs.

I fought against 5-6 sorcs several times so I don't think it's that unlikely to have 8 sorcs.

Ive seen it several times,every match i go into i guess "Is it gonna be four or six or eight" it is never,no i think twice i have only seen two in one Wz,thats it,anyone that plays Repub on Ajunta Pall in the 50 bracket can confirm this,it is what it is.

Edited by Sathid

I've seen 9 sorcs in one. There's a screenshot somewhere with 15. Something is amiss.

btw, when someone playing a class manages to admit "it needs a bit of a tweak" you know god dam.n well it IT PROBABLY NEEDS NERFING INTO OBLIVION AND BACK. Just kidding sorcs.

edit: lol filter changes g o d d a m n to gosh darn? Is bioware full of jesus worshipers?

Edited by Jargonaut

Ive seen it several times,every match i go into i guess "Is it gonna be four or six or eight" it is never,no i think twice i have only seen two in one Wz,thats it,anyone that plays Repub on Ajunta Pall in the 50 bracket can confirm this,it is what it is.

I've seen it quite often. It doesn't get any prettier though, if it isn't Sorc Dominated it is Merc or Marauder dominated.

Fortunately none of these people know where they put their medpacs or their healing abilities, so it's diffficult but fun to beat.;)

I am often the only SAGE in a warzone with lots of SHADOWS. They look like me, but that have this extra big lightsaber.

Are you sure you weren't seeing a mix of Sorc and Assassins?

:o

I started checking and yes it is either one or the other inquis or sorc or mixed,i guess i should say Empire casters,because any given match there is at minimum four,and yes there is many with BM gear far more than any other class ive seen on my server.

Meanwhile i would be lucky if i see a sage in maybe every four or five Wz's,just not as many on the Republic side i guess or they are hiding somewhere lol,plenty of commandos though.

Edited by Sathid

I think your a trolling liar, but if it did happen it was on purpose. Two premades queueing together and hit the button together, or even 1 premade and a guild having their other sorc all queueing at the same time. Personally never seen more than 4 on 1 side and some of them were shadows.

No, I've seen this too. Well not 8 Sorcs but 6 or even 7! Probably not a premade because of no/different clan tags. So I believe him!

Edited by karcyon

I was in a war zone against 8 Sorcerers. Not a single other class was on the opposing team.

Oh what a grand sight it was. So much electricity/bubbles/healing/cc/knock back/force speed. Seriously can no one at Bioware see what is going on here? There is a reason so many people play Sorcerer's and sages. They have so many tools. There is no down side to playing one.

Except that they can be killed as all other mortal men. But I hear they will fix that in an upcoming patch.

I've been in warzones fighting only Troopers myself. I've even found myself surrounded by six Marauders. That was fun. But it really doesn't matter, because the opposing team will have 8 players just as your team (hopefully). A diverse team is actually a lot better, because they have more buffs and complement each other.

That's funny, because I'm seeing more and more melee classes near the top of the dps charts lately. Sorcerers are great fun to play though, and I'd hate to be in a game of Huttball against a full team of them.

OMG the week before the 50 bracket,im not kidding it seemed like the whole Empire was Sorcs/Inquis i looked at the names all different but every new que MORE Empire casters,every stinking game,Voidstar was lagfest,Huttball not a chance only Alderann did we even remotely have a chance and ofcourse they geared up faster so it made everything even worse to the point people were dropping in WZ's.

But them Empire casters,they just kept at casting away and it took many on the Repub side a long long time to get some gear because of this,it still is a problem today (Not as much) and will remain so for sometime.

By the way im talking it took me 4 hours of WZ's a day for four days to finish my weekly at that time,im not kidding.

Edited by Sathid

This happened to my Sage a couple of nights ago - a fight against a complete Sorcerer group.

We were a random PUG and they were ALL sorcerers from the same guild (cannot remember which, but it was a cool name) who seemed to be split pretty evenly between healing and DPS types.

They seemed to be surprised to get something other than Huttball, had no clue how to co-ordinate, and got completely wiped. Lambs to the slaughter. They managed one solitary kill, when the other Sage on our team decided he would take the role of main tank instead of healer.

I haven't seen a team full of sages or sorcs but I have seen teams full of Mercs which is no fun at all, let me tell you. It's a tracer missile fest.

And as far as DPS goes, there is a fella on my server who's a DPS sage that regularly tops the game in damage, been in several matches with him and he's doing 350-400k regularly, not to mention he does heal for quite a lot as well which is surprising.

He's in mostly Champion with a few BM pieces. Hate to see a team full of those guys.

Sages and Sorcs do have a lot of utility.

People see the ligtning icon and yells "sorcs".

Half of them are assasins, the other half are healer sorcs.

And I guess that "inquisitors" - real class name - being the class that can fulfill all 4 roles: caster dps, melee dps, healer and tank ... have nothing to do with its abundance.

Just a guess ...

People see the ligtning icon and yells "sorcs".

Half of them are assasins, the other half are healer sorcs.

And I guess that "inquisitors" - real class name - being the class that can fulfill all 4 roles: caster dps, melee dps, healer and tank ... have nothing to do with its abundance.

Just a guess ...

Your probably right but it is all of those class or sub class and they are very much the majority on many servers,i mean i have been in atleast five or six WZ's where it was only those guys,no juggs,no BH's,no operatives etc etc.

In a theoretical fight, who wins? A bright wizard or a sorc? Or will the resulting battle destroy the MMO genre?

Rofl, you get +10 internets. It's funny because it's the Brightwizards/Sorceror players that cry the loudest to get the rogue classes nerfed because they don't want any classes to be able to counter them.

There are far more sorcerors than any other class in the game. I am surprised it took this long for you to go up against a full team of them.

I was surprised by the OP too,my first was almost three weeks ago and it happens atleast every two to three days if im doing multi hours of WZ's,havent done that in a week so,but last night i did five matches and one had six,the others were mixed.

Do you know what it's like being a scoundrel and going up against four sorc's like i do almost every match? it really,really sucks.

Edited by Sathid

on ToFN it is quite usual sight in the mornings and late evenings. Sometimes there is 1 BH in the team. On Rep side I usually see 2-3 sages, sometimes 5.

I haven't seen a team full of sages or sorcs but I have seen teams full of Mercs which is no fun at all, let me tell you. It's a tracer missile fest.

And as far as DPS goes, there is a fella on my server who's a DPS sage that regularly tops the game in damage, been in several matches with him and he's doing 350-400k regularly, not to mention he does heal for quite a lot as well which is surprising.

He's in mostly Champion with a few BM pieces. Hate to see a team full of those guys.

Sages and Sorcs do have a lot of utility.

I regularly do 300k+ up to 650k (on Voidstar) with 100k+ healing. The thing is, that it's just numbers. The heals are mostly absorb bubbles, which won't keep anyone alive. It's a spread heal and just absorbs first, so it grants you some healing even if you roll the enemy team entirely. The damage is also spread between many, many targets. A single sage can't really dps down a healer, while a commando can. Even though his overall DPS is smaller his focused DPS (single target) hits like a truck, so is way better in terms of actually getting somewhere else than to the top of the dmg charts :).

Regards,

Kalantris

on ToFN it is quite usual sight in the mornings and late evenings. Sometimes there is 1 BH in the team. On Rep side I usually see 2-3 sages, sometimes 5.

Huh Sages,you state you see more sage's than sorcs? what server is this.

Huh Sages,you state you see more sage's than sorcs? what server is this.

Tomb of Freedon Nadd, an universe appart where Republic fights back hard, farm Imps on Ilum and wins lots of WZs. Where the annimations don't makes Reps worst players, and where the Imps are not overgeared.

A place where you will fight for your life despite what faction you choosed.

:sy_empire:ToFN the real EU PvP server:sy_republic: