Should successful interrupts be a flat 4 second silence/lockout of some sort?

Aidank

Melee shamans in WoW have 5 seconds cooldown on their interrupt ability (with 2 seconds silence). Try again please.

And healers in WoW had multiple schools of heals, healing shields or powerful HoTs. Try again.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for cross server warzones because I would really like to fight some of these "invincible" Sorcerers. We have 5-6 a warzone on my server but they all drop like flies @ 50 even the battlemaster ones.

I'm going to do the next wz by clicking and keyboard turning and see how hard they are then.

I think i've already outlined the problem, and explained why it is a problem. Almost everyone here seems to think that caster classes in this game are easy to play. Sorcerers don't do outstanding damage, they don't have crazy burst, but what they do have are mechanics that are incredibly foolproof. There is practically no penalty to anything past standing in a flame pit.

You've got to be kidding me!!! Sorcs own WZs......I'm sick of seeing 3-4 of them on top dmg with maybe and operative or a powertech splitting them.......be a little honest and impartial please.

When they buffed the power of interrupts in WoW, interrupts became too powerful.

So they had to give all WoW casters more instant abilities. And then casters got much worse due to having so many instant abilities that they just became like "ranged melee" (melee abilities are instant).

Basically it leads to an arms race of interrupts vs instant abilities where the whole notion of a "casting" class goes out the window.

Interrupts combined with stuns and punts is already devastating CC on healers and all classes with cast bars. The cooldowns on interrupts are very short compared to stuns, and they do not fill the resolve bar.

Just because you're melee doesn't mean you should just rush at things and kill them by chain interrupting everything they do. Stop trying to faceroll smash your keyboard and play tactically.

Edited by Redmarx

You've got to be kidding me!!! Sorcs own WZs......I'm sick of seeing 3-4 of them on top dmg with maybe and operative or a powertech splitting them.......be a little honest and impartial please.

Their damage is caused by a ton of AoE and crazy uptime, not because they have strong burst.

I mean you can check the numbers, I don't think I've ever seen a non-buffed up sorc crit for over 4k on an equally geared opponent.

Yah yah yah, it's casters who should need to do all the thinking... Meanwhile, we melees shouldn't have to think about what we interrupt at all, right? Whatever we interrupt should just lock out everything!

It looks silly when you try to nerf a class to make your own more faceroll, then accuse the players of that class of being facerollers.

I agree. Knowing what spells to use your interrupt on is one of the challenges of being melee.

Because Top Damage = best player and guaranteed win right?

What?

Do you really explaining for that?

Healers in SWTOR have ****** HoTs and one school of heal. With the exception of sorcerer bubble, other classes would probably be gimped if interrupts locked the entire healing school out.

In WoW, it was different.

Priests - they had holy and discipline. When you lock holy, they can penance and/or power word:shield. When you interrupt penance, which no one does, they spam flash heals.

Druids - HoTs. Enough said.

Shaman - Earth Shield, mail armor, shield, CD for instant crit huge heal.

Paladin - Plate armor, shield, stun, and multiple o-**** buttons.

When are people going to learn that you're not supposed to be able to 1v1 DPS a good healer down unless you outgear and outskill them.

What would be the point of playing a healer, who has super gimped damage, just to be 1v1'd down by a DPS?

Any competent DPS, even if undergeared, can pressure a healer enough to cut their heals by at least 50% compared to free cast.

And if you want to kill a good healer, you have to focus him down or CC him to kill the DPS. It's not a hard concept at all.

When they buffed the power of interrupts in WoW, interrupts became too powerful.

So they had to give all WoW casters more instant abilities.

Basically it leads to an arms race of interrupts vs instant abilities.

Interrupts combined with stuns and punts is already devastating CC on healers. Try timing them.

Just because you're melee doesn't mean you should just rush at things and kill them by chain interrupting everything they do. Stop trying to faceroll smash your keyboard and play tactically.

Actually I play both a melee and a ranged class, the idea that two or more melee will need to coordinate interrupts to down a single ranged class isn't balanced at all, and is terrible balance when most pvpers primarily pug games.

Resolve fills after 1 knockback and 1 stun, or 2 stuns, or 3 knockbacks. and each one of those costs a gcd, and just isn't viable to interrupt casts which generally have cast times of 1.5 seconds.

Right now, interrupts aren't feared. At all. And that's a problem. It should be worth the key press to interrupt. If people aren't fake casting when there's a melee on them, we have a problem.

Being interrupted needs to be detrimental to your role in PvP or else why bother? What separates a good healer from a great healer when neither of them have to avoid the interrupt to do their job?

And with rated warzones coming in March, you need to be able to tell the difference between a good player and a great player or the ratings don't really mean anything.

Yeah, you always have time to "fake cast". If you interupt the main heal on my sorcerer, your dps will greatly outweight my healing and it's not like I can interupt your melee to lock you out. If you then see my cast, you can knock me back or stun me to completely cripple me.

The trouble is, I think Ranged are more aware of their positioning and whats going on around them. Whereas Melee will just charge right in most of the time without looking around, then get focus fired.

I try my hardest to heal my entire group up, if I see someone taking DPS, especially Melee I will try and get them either out of the way (force pull), or healed up.

I think people act way to singularly in this game. They often don't realise that these "oober healers" are actually healing more than just themselves in warzones. So realistically everyone is on an even playing field, the biggest problem is often that there isn't a balanced number of specs/classes put into warzones.

There was a guy, with exactly the same thread of this, complaining because he joined a WZ with 5 Commando's and 3 Sages. Saying how they couldn't kill them. But at the same time, they wasn't dying either.

Actually I play both a melee and a ranged class, the idea that two or more melee will need to coordinate interrupts to down a single ranged class isn't balanced at all, and is terrible balance when most pvpers primarily pug games.

Resolve fills after 1 knockback and 1 stun, or 2 stuns, or 3 knockbacks. and each one of those costs a gcd, and just isn't viable to interrupt casts which generally have cast times of 1.5 seconds.

A heal in SWTOR heals for around 20-25% of a person's HP pool. And that's on crit. The HOTs are terribly weak also.

In order to allow interrupts to completely lock out all casting, with interrupts on 10s (and in the case of powertech/vanguard, 6s) cooldown, that means that along with 2 stuns and a mezz on the tail end, 1 person can lock down a healer and prevent all healing for upwards of 20 seconds. That is of course assuming the person knows what to interrupt and when.

Given that this would lead to a healer being simply unable to heal at all, and if 1 heal goes through it only does 20-25% of a HP pool, one would have to rebalance healers to either:

a) heal for around 200-300% more, that is 1 heal = 50-75% of a person's HP pool

b) have instant-cast hots that heal for 50% of a person's HP pool over 10-12 seconds.

Healers are largely defenseless on their own. They need teammates to peel for them in PVP. They cannot kill a dps class in a timely fashion and will get eroded down without actually contributing to the fight if they cannot heal.

Why should 1 unsupported interrupter be able to render a healer useless?

Think about it.

Edited by Redmarx

I feel like for casters the game is a lot more forgiving than it is for most melees. Seems like this is mostly because if any of their casts get interrupted they can just cast something else.

I don't think I've ever seen someone bother to fake cast in this game... Ever.

a 4 second lockout might be a little bit much, maybe 2 or 3 depending on the interrupt, but what do you guys think?

edit: To add, my main reasoning for starting this thread Is I posted a thread earlier today asking people which class they thought took the most skill.

Out of some 6 pages not a single person said sorcerer, mercenary, operative, and only some 3 people said sniper.

I figured the reason for this is that melee classes are penalized a lot more for playing badly in this game than caster classes are.

2 sec lockout when you take 1.5sec yourself to kick the ability and have under 0.5sec to use anything else (latence FTL) ?

Anyway, I agree ranged people have an easy time on melee in this game.

Ew, no.

A full lock out is just going to throw healers out of the match. They already get shafted for several other reasons, and now you want to throw another one?

Let's see. Trauma, usually a marker, less medals/commendations, interrupt/cc spam on occasions, and now let's switch it to interrupt spam that completely locks the healers out of their spec. Makes sense

I'll pass.

Also anyone that says a healer can just switch to any skill probably hasn't played a healer.

Staple of the sage is Deliverance

Interrupt it, lock it out, and that sage is going to be struggling. When he gets it back, someone else locks it out and he's dead. Period. Done. Healing Trance/Benevolence/Rejuvenation only works as a combined effort with a cast of deliverance.

Edited by ShenLong

A heal in SWTOR heals for around 20-25% of a person's HP pool. And that's on crit. The HOTs are terribly weak also.

In order to allow interrupts to completely lock out all casting, with interrupts on 10s (and in the case of powertech/vanguard, 6s) cooldown, that means that along with 2 stuns and a mezz on the tail end, 1 person can lock down a healer and prevent all healing for upwards of 20 seconds. That is of course assuming the person knows what to interrupt and when.

Given that this would lead to a healer being simply unable to heal at all, and if 1 heal goes through it only does 20-25% of a HP pool, one would have to rebalance healers to either:

b) have instant-cast hots that heal for 50% of a person's HP pool over 10-12 seconds.

Healers are largely defenseless on their own. They need teammates to peel for them in PVP.

Think about it.

Thank God for a voice of reason.

2 sec lockout when you take 1.5sec yourself to kick the ability and have under 0.5sec to use anything else (latence FTL) ?

Anyway, I agree ranged people have an easy time on melee in this game.

Interrupts are off the global cooldown.

Ew, no.

A full lock out is just going to throw healers out of the match. They already get shafted for several other reasons, and now you want to throw another one?

Let's see. Trauma, usually a marker, less medals/commendations, interrupt/cc spam on occasions, and now let's switch it to interrupt spam that completely locks the healers out of their spec. Makes sense

I'll pass.

Good point. Healers already get less medals (5 medals doing 500k healing), less commendations, they have a 30% constant heal debuff in PVP.

There are not enough healers in PVP already. They need to be encouraged, not discouraged.

Healers healing themselves are not healing their teammates. Their damage is garbage to. Not one heal class in this game should be nerfed. The problem is 70% of players in warzones are trash and don't interupt their big heal, they let them stand in aoe hots or even worse ignore them completely while they stand 4 feet away and spam heals.

Yes, let's lock out every heal spell because you don't want to be bothered to learn the name and the animation of the "big heal that might... MIGHT actually keep us alive" or the "little heal that restores half a tracer missile crit". It's not like every class doesn't have some kind of knockback, stun or AoE stun they can't throw down to interrupt spellcasting either.

This is rubbish....I use distraction now against Force Lightning and that **** is straight back on me again and then I'm dead in about 1.5 channels worth. It needs to be way more interruptable and with an actual lockout >> 4 sec gets me about 5k dmg if I'm lucky and GS is "alledgedly" great DPS....I don't think so!

If you're dying in 1.5s to a sorc you have bigger problems than interrupts.

A heal in SWTOR heals for around 20-25% of a person's HP pool. And that's on crit. The HOTs are terribly weak also.[/Quote] How is this different from other MMOs where healers do just fine, in WoW for example heals did even less.

This is assuming that a healer can't fake a single cast, If a healer sits there for 20 seconds getting every single cast interrupted they deserve to die. Not to mention every class has instant casts, bad healers are supposed to be killable.

Good healers would still be able to heal, bad ones being focused would die. Sounds balanced to me.

That makes no sense. I could see trauma being changed with this but doubling the amount of heals is idiotic.

Healers are largely defenseless on their own. They need teammates to peel for them in PVP. They cannot kill a dps class in a timely fashion and will get eroded down without actually contributing to the fight if they cannot heal.

As is healers don't really need peels. If they're being interrupted they can simply use other heals.

If interrupts locked out, healers would actually need peels to heal effectively, which to me sounds like a change for the better.

Think about it.

A single healer shouldn't be able to stay up while simply sponging damage. Think of how PVP is set up in this game, It's almost all objectives, you don't need to kill anyone to turn the tides of a battle. Not to mention that healers in this game actually can kill people, making this point moot on both fronts.