The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What SWTOR will be

Sarfux

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing the OP doesn't know the story of Anarchy Online. For the time it was an AMAZING game, 4 months after its launch.

Short Version: You only get one chance to make a first impression with the MMO crowd.

(Of course Funcom did the smart thing and didn't give up on it's small but loyal core player base and still lives today because of that) :o

I'm guessing the OP doesn't know the story of Anarchy Online. For the time it was an AMAZING game, 4 months after its launch.

Short Version: You only get one chance to make a first impression with the MMO crowd.

(Of course Funcom did the smart thing and didn't give up on it's small but loyal core player base and still lives today because of that) :o

every game is different buddy...

o..and um...this has no elves or orcs or ..those thingamajiggers...umm..gnomes. :p and um..star wars + bioware ..sorry.. stop doomsdaying :)

Any money that most of the gamers that will be playing SWTOR for years to come haven't even hit 50 yet...

The elitists have a pretty high opinion of themselves... And their opinions.

My main is 41 and im still having fun playing here. And im laughing my *** off with people that rushed to max level. I wonder when will people learn to stop doing that when they start new mmos :D

every game is different buddy...

o..and um...this has no elves or orcs or ..those thingamajiggers...umm..gnomes. :p and um..star wars + bioware ..sorry.. stop doomsdaying :)

AO doesn't have those either, like SWTOR it's sci-fi. Star Wars Galaxies is another example of the first impression rule, and that was a SW gsme also.

I'm not doomsaying. It's just that the history of the MMO community and after launch recoveries is pretty bad and not an agruement you should be making. History doesn't support it. The closest thing to a come back was EVE online and that is a very niche market even after it's recovery. FFXIV gave it's player base a year of free gameplay while they rebuilt and it still probably won't see anything close to it's launch numbers ever again.

SWTOR might be good enough to be the next big thing or it might not, but you have to judge that on what its got right now. Four months from now almost every one who has moved on won't look back no matter what shiny new patch they add.

I love people that say because people hit 50 that they must have RUSHED or must be ELITISTS. Myself and my fiance got two 50's, at one hour a night and 2 or 3 hours on some weekends, and plenty of days with none. Apparently thats "ELITIST".

I also love how they think if they take their time, BW will magically fix EVERYTHING....not realizing how long it will take them to fix this + make new content. I dont see it happening.

I love people that say because people hit 50 that they must have RUSHED or must be ELITISTS. Myself and my fiance got two 50's, at one hour a night and 2 or 3 hours on some weekends, and plenty of days with none. Apparently thats "ELITIST".

I also love how they think if they take their time, BW will magically fix EVERYTHING....not realizing how long it will take them to fix this + make new content. I dont see it happening.

My wife & I started 1st day of early access and average playing about 16 hours a week. At that pace we each probably could have had at least a level 40 by now, but chose to explore with other classes instead. So getting 2 toons to lvl 50 after only 40 hours of gameplay (5 weeks the game's been out X your 8 hours per week) seems rather ... well, we couldn't have maxed a character in 20 hours without blind powerleveling and a lot of help. That's a level every 30 minutes! :eek:

You are correct, magic fixes don't exist. So in it's place stands time & testing. Blizzard needed an entire year to implement a launcher (Patch 1.8.3) that solved WoW's login and queueing problems. Bioware got theirs under control in less than a month. Unless the game is a forklift port it does indeed take time. It took close to a decade (including pre-release) for WoW to get where it is now. Some simply choose to be patient, which isn't a bad thing unless there's an emergency. Not sure anything associated with playing a video game qualifies as an emergency though.

The wife & I are loving this game. In fact tonight we took our level 25s + companions out for a spin and cleared Athiss. Took us 3 wipes, under 2 hours - and we enjoyed every minute of it. :)

Edited by GalacticKegger

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be the game of the new generation. Slowly but surely it will crawl, walk, run, sprint..and just keep on going and chuggin along. BioWare will not disappoint. This is their baby and they are proud of it. They are trying so hard to please mainly everyone for the majority of the game.

This game will continue to grow and get better as time goes on. More planets will get added, more gear, more raids, more planets, more weapons, more major content, more story. This game will be the next mmo giant and the game to beat in the coming years. You just watch!

Listen guys...they are fixing lots of bugs, they are coming out with content, they will keep adding more stuff we want. This is their plan, they launched with the stuff they had and just keep on adding the stuff players want little by little to keep people coming back for more because they will keep releasing content update patches every month or close to that. I believe BioWare keeps the community at heart when releasing this content and just know they can't do everything right now.

The things that you guys want, whether it be sitting in chairs, swimming, day/night cycle, weather, they WILL come in time :) The heroengine is getting updates constantly and performance issues ARE being worked on! This is one of the smoothest mmos ever and the running looks VERY good. You can't argue that. The environments and running feels natural.

Great game BioWare keep it up :)

disagree, all of our nation just 6x ppl bought this game, and keep non-sub.

I remember seeing such posts in the DCUO and WAR forums, too.

DCUO IS the most successful MMO . . . . . . . . . . on the PS3. :D

In all seriousness though. DCUO was a failure as a subscription game, but is a big success as a F2P game actually.

Should have been a F2P from the start. It's a great game for the fun inbetween.

I still play it regulary on my PS3.

SWTOR will fare much better then WAR, Vanguard, AoC, Aoin and others, but will never reach WoW level.

I think the market is saturatet with this kind of MMO's (even WoW is loosing sibscribers fast).

Bujt Bioware needs to fix the performance issues and their bugs fast if they don;t want to lose to many people.

I was hoping that Bioware would put something out that was more than just another "me-too-cash-grab-MMO".

I can't say I'm convinced they have done that.

Really confused on where that budget went.

Decent, but fell so short of expectations is sad.

Edited by DrownedOut

I was hoping that Bioware would put something out that was more than just another "me-too-cash-grab-MMO".

I can't say I'm convinced they have done that.

Really confused on where that budget went.

Decent, but fell so short of expectations is sad.

The problem is you. Your expectations were too high. Probably never played DA2 eh? Lucky git.

Could say the same about the people that claim the game is fine.

The game is fine. Are you actually playing it? And comparing what the complainers are saying compared to what's actually really happening in-game? Cause if so I can't understand how you can honestly believe some of these whiners. They are exaggerating like crazy.

"Garbage!"

"Unplayable!"

"Game stole my bike!"

It's like listening to a little kid tell a whopper of a story about how some green monster with purple spots just snuck through the kitchen and made a sandwich out of paper. His parents nod and smile and ask for more details to see how far the kid will go with his tale. But they know it's his imagination.

Those of us playing the game know that some of this ridiculous negativity about this game is just people's imagination. We can see with our own eyes how things are. It's not as bad as you story tellers are making it out to be.

If it's unplayable, how am I playing it? How are the people I see in-game playing it?

Wizard did it?

people don't give games a chance these days. It's sad really

And yet you make the first post?

People don't give games a chance. 100% correct.

Bioware decided to release anyway. Correct.

Logical conclusion? This game is going to prosper? Um... disconnect!

And yet you make the first post?

People don't give games a chance. 100% correct.

!

I think this is 100% wrong. I disagree with you and the OP, and I think plenty of people are giving this game a chance. Most people have already reached 50 who have decided this game is bad. It's not like they just plugged it in, played it a day - then quit. Most of the opinions on this forum are pretty informed I think.

The OP just wants players to stick around for a game that doesn't exist, which I don't feel is the same as not giving the game a chance. That's wishful thinking, and playing a game with the unrealistic expectation it's going to get a lot better in the future - which is doubtful to be honest.

You will see tweaks here and there - but the foundation of the game has already been laid and chances are if you are really dissapointed with the game now, you are going to be in the future also. Sticking around on a game you don't like with the hope it's going to turn into a game you do like later doesn't make much sense to me.

"IF" this fails, there will be no more Star Wars games, or at least any that aren't Lego or Clone Wars related kid fests. Lucasarts have put all their eggs in one giant multi-million dollar blender, but I fear the resulting omelette will not please enough people to justify its massive budget, and kill any chances of a suitable ending to the KotOR legacy, or another MMO in that galaxy far far away. ((catches next buss to SWGemu-ville)) Edited by adamqd

"IF" this fails, there will be no more Star Wars games, or at least any that aren't Lego or Clone Wars related kid fests. Lucasarts have put all their eggs in one giant multi-million dollar blender, but I fear the resulting omelette will not please enough people to justify its massive budget, and kill any chances of a suitable ending to the KotOR legacy, or another MMO in that galaxy far far away. ((catches next buss to SWGemu-ville))

It's not going to fail.

It's just not going to be relevant.

"IF" this fails, there will be no more Star Wars games, or at least any that aren't Lego or Clone Wars related kid fests. Lucasarts have put all their eggs in one giant multi-million dollar blender, but I fear the resulting omelette will not please enough people to justify its massive budget, and kill any chances of a suitable ending to the KotOR legacy, or another MMO in that galaxy far far away. ((catches next buss to SWGemu-ville))

If those so called prequels Lucas Arts dished out few years back didnt' kill the Star Wars franchise nothing will lol

So I woudn't worry about that.

THis is game is not going be the next big MMO on the market, because the it is too much of a WoW clone. Its an average game and some parts are fun to play. The end-game still needs tons of work and this is a major factor for alot of lvl 50. The replay value is poor, unless you roll a sith or viceversa.

With GW2 due out later this later this year BioWare has a really harc contender on the horizen.

I keep playing SWTOR for now, but it feels moore lika a singleplayer game.