To the noobs screaming nerf Tracer Missile.

dargor-

Interupt his ****, noobs.

Tracer Missile is fine, learn to play.

I kill mercs all the time (on a Guardian at that, so any other class can do it), 1-2 interupt is all you really need, knockbacks, knockdowns, force push, force leap, anything that moves them around or interups their cast = easy kill

Remember that they have to stay stationary in order to use it, meaning you can use all your big nukes on them and they won't even move around 90% of the time.

This whole Tracer Missile issue is just a big Learn to Play sign.

I'd be tempted to say the same about sorcs if they didn't have force speed and their bubbles.

Flame on.

Edited by dargor-

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I also play a guardian and i am in the top 4 for kills most of the wz I play, I like a challenge, let the classes be the way they are. Nerfing takes some of the individuality away, and while i understand the sake of balance, the player behind the keyboard is what matters most.

Agreed. Commandos/Mercs dont have any interrupts so rely soley on DPS and stacking debuffs. Nerfing their stack would greatly diminish them in both PVE nad PVP and they are already struggling in both.

With no interrupts they struggle in hard PVE, and if anyone with a brain gets on them in PVP they are destroyed by interupts and stunns. The commando/merc simply cant function with someone in his face interrupting him. But most of the people complaining probably just sit back and let them build stacks and DPS.

Ignore the commando/merc and let him sit back and DPS, you goign to have a bad day... thats what they are made for.

And most of them are not just spamming one attack, they are just stacking up the debuffs before they unleash hell. They do a crapload of DPS but they are stationary most of the time. If you cant deal with a stationary DPS, then the problem is not with the commando/merc.

Edited by dirtyboxer

Is there some secret sorc forum where they all get together and decide who to get nerfed next by spamming the official forum?

seriously at max level the most overpowered class is sorc.

Edited by Averran
content

"To the person calling others noobs based on his opinion - please stop it"

That is all.

I don't think anyone is calling anyone noobs, I am just fine with some classes being overpowered. I don't nor have I ever like nerfing, I like classes to feel unique, with some who are powerful. It is part of the immersion, I am playing this game for the immersion, and I don't care if I am not the most powerful class. What I have found though is that what always matters most is the player, I know how to approach encounters and take advantage of the skills I am given, and I don't think anyone would call guardians overpowered. I am not just a PvE player who doesn't want their experience to go down because of PvP I play on a PvP server, so I am in combat with other players all the time, and yet I feel there is no need for nerfs.

Whenever I see people call for nerfs because of the impact on PVP I always think of a highschool football players telling the other team's coach to break his placekicker's leg.

I somehow always pick the class most underpowered or heavily nerfed shortly after a game goes live (warlocks in WoW, Mental in DCUO...) now I'm playing a Juggernaut, when I tried Huttball at level 14 and caused problems for a geared level 50 Sorc I didn't really feel balance was an issue. I'm not saying "L2P" I'm just saying try not to let the quirks of the system get to you.

I kill mercs all the time (on a Guardian at that, so any other class can do it), 1-2 interupt is all you really need, knockbacks, knockdowns, force push, force leap, anything that moves them around or interups their cast = easy kill

Remember that they have to stay stationary in order to use it, meaning you can use all your big nukes on them and they won't even move around 90% of the time.

I'd be tempted to say the same about sorcs if they didn't have force speed and their bubbles.

Flame on.

From a Arsenal BH...I completely agree....THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Well if they were to nerf tracer missile by say 15% I'd request that they buff up rail shot by about 15% and allow people to move at 50% movement speed while casting tracer missile.

Although saying that they don't have interrupts isn't necessarily a valid point

Rocket Punch- Knocks the target back with a certain talent

Jet Boost- Knocks the target back

Both those serve as interrupts you just have to be close to the target. Rocket punch also does a crapload of damage

Edited by Toxification

Merc detected, move on.

Agreed. Commandos/Mercs dont have any interrupts so rely soley on DPS and stacking debuffs. Nerfing their stack would greatly diminish them in both PVE nad PVP and they are already struggling in both.

With no interrupts they struggle in hard PVE, and if anyone with a brain gets on them in PVP they are destroyed by interupts and stunns. The commando/merc simply cant function with someone in his face interrupting him. But most of the people complaining probably just sit back and let them build stacks and DPS.

Ignore the commando/merc and let him sit back and DPS, you goign to have a bad day... thats what they are made for.

And most of them are not just spamming one attack, they are just stacking up the debuffs before they unleash hell. They do a crapload of DPS but they are stationary most of the time. If you cant deal with a stationary DPS, then the problem is not with the commando/merc.

They have one interrupt - tracer missile, it interrupts your life. Unleash hell part is good, makes Lucifier look fluffy. Why do snipers have to do something (and do it well) to achieve some kind of damage to be even close to mercs in terms of damage while those guys with heavy armor and magical IWIN button have to do almost nothing while not even bothering with enemy types such as tanks/light armored/etc - unlike snipers shots, their magical missiles cant be deflected, shielded and they ignore 55% of armor when stacked.

Also that fluff about interrupt only works against complete, worse than 3-year-old, utter noobs who cant switch to railgun, heatseeker missiles and unload between interrupts (and thats 2 GCDs to use on move and 1 channeling that is resetted by IWIN missile, do note that all of these abilities do good damage too). So all that talk about not nerfing mercs is quite useless as its too much of izi modo class and thus should be nerfed so people who play them will actually try to learn how to play and win without using overpowered abilites.

Edited by Vesperr

Flame on.

Hey! Look! Isn't that cute? Some of the same people SCREAMING for Scoundrels/Ops to get nerf are now telling everyone "No, we're not overpowered! All you have to do is interrupt!" LOL

So let me get this straight: BH can go and say "Interrupt us!" and the community is all fine with that but when Scoundrels/OPs say "DoT us and run away for free kills" we get a resounding "NO UR 2 OP'd! U GETZ NERF BAT!"

I don't know whether to laugh or just throw my hands in the air and surrender.

Merc detected, move on.

They have one interrupt - tracer missile, it interrupts your life. Unleash hell part is good, makes Lucifier look fluffy. Why do snipers have to do something (and do it well) to achieve some kind of damage to be even close to mercs in terms of damage while those guys with heavy armor and magical IWIN button have to do almost nothing while not even bothering with enemy types such as tanks/light armored/etc - unlike snipers shots, their magical missiles cant be deflected, shielded and they ignore 55% of armor when stacked.

Also that fluff about interrupt only works against complete, worse than 3-year-old, utter noobs who cant switch to railgun, heatseeker missiles and unload between interrupts (and thats 2 GCDs to use on move and 1 channeling that is resetted by IWIN missile, do note that all of these abilities do good damage too). So all that talk about not nerfing mercs is quite useless as its too much of izi modo class and thus should be nerfed so people who play them will actually try to learn how to play and win without using overpowered abilites.

Perhaps a minor nerf to Commando/Merc would be in order, but if you nerf it too much the class will simply be broken. As for your point about snipers, I completely agree they need a buff. Due to the way armor/shields work, almost every attack snipers have can be mitigated in some way. They need to change some of their attacks to Tech attacks rather than just ranged/weapon attacks.

but when Scoundrels/OPs say "DoT us and run away for free kills" we get a resounding "NO UR 2 OP'd! U GETZ NERF BAT!"

The problem with this is that scoundrels/ops could easily leave their victims with no chance to respond before death. You have the ability to fight back and use your skills against a Commando. Nobody could fight back against a scoundrel knocking you down and hitting you for 80-100% of your health before you stand back up.

In the interest of disclosure, yes I play a Commando; however, I play a Combat Medic who won't be changing to DPS so I don't have too much at stake in this discussion. I don't have and won't be able to get Grav Round (Tracer Missile).

As for your point about snipers, I completely agree they need a buff. Due to the way armor/shields work, almost every attack snipers have can be mitigated in some way. They need to change some of their attacks to Tech attacks rather than just ranged/weapon attacks.

Its not a snipers problem, its tank problem that they are only effective against 3 classes, snipers are just unlucky to be one of them.

I feel it is fine that BH have tracer the way it is. I do not think it is fine that they get 5 different buffs for one button.

I suggest that Power Barrier and Barrage proc off of Power Shot and only Power Shot. That way, if the BH wants some extra damage reduction or to use a superior Unload, the BH is forced to rotate their skill usage.

Interupt is no a magically cure, as it'll stop one tracer every 8 seconds, though as it won't fire if you have an animation up, you also have to slow your own attacks a bit, and spend resources on it. And then they can just do one other move, then back to tracer.

Not nearly enough to make up for the damage you'll take while approaching, as you don't do more than they do, and you don't mitigate more, unless they don't understand how tank stats fail in PVP.

Assuming it even fires in the proper window in PvP due to ability lag, which isn't a sure thing.

You guys do understand that the tradeoff for the DPS is the commando being stationary. Like I said, if you nerf grav round and its ability to stack debuffs your killing the commando in BOTH PVP and PVE. They get no interrupt and have to remain stationary in order to use most of their attacks... if you guys cant deal with a DPS that is immobile than that is your problem.

I have a commando and get my face punched in whenever a melee with half a brain gets on me.. nothing a commando can do in that situation. The commando just has to hope that its allowed to sit back and do its thing, and if you allow that, you suck. No nerf needed.

Also the commando/merc has no getaway. They cant get away from anything, they just have to stand and deliver... see the downsides here?

Edited by dirtyboxer

You guys do understand that the tradeoff for the DPS is the commando being stationary. Like I said, if you nerf grav round and its ability to stack debuffs your killing the commando in BOTH PVP and PVE. They get no interrupt and have to remain stationary in order to use most of their attacks... if you guys cant deal with a DPS that is immobile than that is your problem.

Being stationary is a tradeoff for being ranged DPS. Powertechs have mobility (limited though) but they lack range, you want both? =_=

Edited by Vesperr

Hey! Look! Isn't that cute? Some of the same people SCREAMING for Scoundrels/Ops to get nerf are now telling everyone "No, we're not overpowered! All you have to do is interrupt!" LOL

So let me get this straight: BH can go and say "Interrupt us!" and the community is all fine with that but when Scoundrels/OPs say "DoT us and run away for free kills" we get a resounding "NO UR 2 OP'd! U GETZ NERF BAT!"

I don't know whether to laugh or just throw my hands in the air and surrender.

I'll agree with you on the nerfs to Ops/smug's on this one. While they might have needed a couple minor tweaks to an ability or 2 on the dmg/stun side and maybe a slight buff here and there, the overall nerf bat you all are taking does seem a bit much. Yet this just goes back to the community screaming OP and NERF over and over without knowing a thing or 2 about the class. I'll admit that I don't know much on the OPs/Smug side which is why I'm not calling for sweeping nerfs. A minor tweak or 2 might be needed, just by experience of fighting them, but until I know more on the tree's/abilities I'm not going to be screaming for an overall nerf to them like everyone else is.

Unfortunately, most of the community doesn't see it this way.

Is there some secret sorc forum where they all get together and decide who to get nerfed next by spamming the official forum?

seriously at max level the most overpowered class is sorc. Whoevers idea it was to give a ranged class an in combat sprint ability should be shot.

I agree with that.

Back during the weekend betas, when I finally got to play, seeing a Sorc sprint away from me boggled my mind.

"What idiot decided to give them that?"

Edited by Faolon

Flame on.

sounds familiar

almost.... like the operative qqs

if enough people complain, it'll get nerfed

enjoy your nerf

Flame on.

Thank you, but not so much in the sense that someone who wouldnt have before this post, will now interupt my TM at some point im sure!

Look, even we mercs don't enjoy spamming tracer missle, but thats how BW decided to build our class. We have to spam it to get debuffs up, and our other skills build off of TM, and others also have cooldowns, where TM does not. Even us mercs would like to see some form of rework where we don't rely on TM 100% cuz it gets boring. But it doesnt need any kind of damage nerf or cooldown, otherwise you basically eliminate 2 classes from the game.

I stick up for the Operatives because I think their nerf is uncalled for, and they can lay waste to me pretty easily. But they are 1 trick ponies and have to spend a lot of time finding their lone wolf target and take him/her down. They don't get to consistently pump damage or help the objectives like other classes.

Edited by Damarak

Look like the sage/sorc the best defence againsed a merc/commando is offence. Any sort of movements severely lowers their dps, and its rare that you cant force that movement out of them. Be it using poles, edges of platforms, piles of dirt and rubbish, stairs etc. Their attack IS easily seen and interrupted by anything from knockback to stuns & silences, and LOS. They have minimal utilities compared to other dominant classes like say the sage / sorc.

Yes they destroy when left alone, thats the class, thats how its designed to work and if you allow that to happen, or cannot co-ordinate your group to focus them problem lies within your group and most importantly, above your keyboard.

Too often you see people tunnel vision in a large group pvp fight and ignore commandos / snipers / sages / healers all of which are easily squished or gimped with pressure but are very effective if left alone. Sage & sorcs drop like flies with 2 people on them and normally need to spend 10-20secs hiding somewhere healing up if they manage to run away. If they arent killed healing up it doesnt really matter because they're taken out of the equation.

The only real stand out classes that ive noticed are higher level ops & scoundrels (already being addressed), and that a lot of marauders can be squishy. A few small adjustments here or there MAYBE... Nerfing anything thats effective in their own situations but can still be easily countered - that just leads to homogenised stagnant pvp, and is the last thing this game needs right now.