Massive amounts of trading on illum

scen

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kill trading.

But seriously. This is obscene. Not to mention the mentality of people--"we're just getting around BioWare's system"(aka: "exploiting") when justifying it.

You want some solutions BioWare? Here, I've got some--free of charge.

1) Remove Valor gains from kills within the proximity of either base. Also remove Valor gains from kills where the opponent is not wearing their gear. For the base bit, have kills bestow a buff on the player making the kill. Call it "Valorous defender" or "Ruthless besieger" dependent upon where the kills are made and the player's faction. Have it be an Expertise buff or something of that nature.

2) Add Elite/strong NPCs which accompany the transports at the various capture points. These NPCs should drop armaments--fixing two problems at once(the lengthy respawn times of the crated armaments and the farming of players for kills).

But really. That's just off the top of my head. The other thing I would do is remove the titles and ranks from PvP, as it's very clearly being shown that people do ridiculous things to get them.

I prefer the trading over the massive amount of afk botting that's going on there now. At least the traders are actually playing the game while they get valor.

But they're not. They strip naked, stand together in a huge clump and let themselves get killed.

Tell me how that's "playing the game while getting valor"?

At least they are at the kybd controlling their characters instead of tabbed out watching Family guy or something....

They're not.

I know several of the people doing this, and they are in their own words:

"watchin' Spartacus and drinkin' beers on the couch while waiting for respawn".

I was invited to do this. I will not. I do not care if it will take me multiple days to finish a weekly, because this is not actually playing the game. This is laziness personified and being rewarded no less!

They're not.

I know several of the people doing this, and they are in their own words:

"watchin' Spartacus and drinkin' beers on the couch while waiting for respawn".

I was invited to do this. I will not. I do not care if it will take me multiple days to finish a weekly, because this is not actually playing the game. This is laziness personified and being rewarded no less!

They aren't tabbed out for hours at a time like the botters are.

But once again, they're not actually playing the game.

To say one bad thing is better than another bad thing is silly. They're both equally unacceptable.

To me the trading is no different that sitting at the entrance to the republic fort obliterating or pulling into the cannon the Rambo's who get to close. That's not exactly PvP either.

Edited by Elyree

These people need to be banned, at the very least, their gear and valor removed.

There is no justifiable reason to do this and should not be allowed. In ANY game, it would be considered exploiting but I guess BW condones exploiting.

Hear that gold farmers, BW don't mind if you exploit.. they punish noone

Its just silly. I am on THE FATMAN server and guilds such as FIGHT, FOAD, AXIS, Etc.. all do this. It should not be allowed and the ppl that have done it should be punished.

Edited by Triandkilmi

The issue with this exploiting is using the /stuck glitch to get back to where they died instantly. This trading thing can be fixed easily by making is so if you /stuck in Ilum, it moves you back to your base. THen they have to spend minutes meeting back up at mid to do it again, and are easy to pick off in real PvP.

Win trading was never really welcomed in other games with PvP so i fail to see why it is allowed here. Let the queue jumpers get to rank 60 they will still get screwed over by the really really bad drop rate on BM tokens..

It is still a lame thing to do and i hope BioWare is looking into this.

The issue with this exploiting is using the /stuck glitch to get back to where they died instantly. This trading thing can be fixed easily by making is so if you /stuck in Ilum, it moves you back to your base. THen they have to spend minutes meeting back up at mid to do it again, and are easy to pick off in real PvP.

You have to wait 3 minutes anyway and there are plenty of places to do it unseen.

Win trading was never really welcomed in other games with PvP so i fail to see why it is allowed here. Let the queue jumpers get to rank 60 they will still get screwed over by the really really bad drop rate on BM tokens..

It is still a lame thing to do and i hope BioWare is looking into this.

And I'm sure they will, of course, they won't fix Ilum to actually make it fun. They'll just fix the glitch. Like Office Space.

I dont care for pvp much to begin with so as along as I get my weekly done so 5 daily's a week I'm good. Now if they made the daily something aside from kills. like different types of quests or something that would involve taking an outpost granted the outposts aren't really outposts then it would be something different. But I honestly think they are still trying to find out what will work best with ilum so I wouldn't worry.

I don't see a reason for not trading. Its essentially if you wanted to go dual a guild member who had an opposite faction character yes i understand its not entirely the same, but I'm honestly not seeing the huge issue, but again I'm not much of a pvper or open world pvper. In lotro the pvmp wasn't the same as ilum at all. And the mechanics of the classes were a bit different so hard to say what would work best with ilum

I dont care for pvp much to begin with so as along as I get my weekly done so 5 daily's a week I'm good. Now if they made the daily something aside from kills. like different types of quests or something that would involve taking an outpost granted the outposts aren't really outposts then it would be something different. But I honestly think they are still trying to find out what will work best with ilum so I wouldn't worry.

I don't see a reason for not trading. Its essentially if you wanted to go dual a guild member who had an opposite faction character yes i understand its not entirely the same, but I'm honestly not seeing the huge issue, but again I'm not much of a pvper or open world pvper. In lotro the pvmp wasn't the same as ilum at all. And the mechanics of the classes were a bit different so hard to say what would work best with ilum

You see this poster?

This poster is part of the problem. "I don't care for pvp but as long as I get my weekly done I'm good".

If you don't care for pvp, why do you need to do the weekly? It's pvp gear. There's no reason for you to be doing it if you're not going to be doing pvp.

It's also worth noting that not only are you pvping for pvp gear when you "don't care for pvp", you're also breaking the EULA by doing so.

This is, in fact, an "exploit of in-game mechanics" which is a bannable offense.

It's also a complete and utter toolbag move by people who have no interest in, apparently, actually playing the game and just want the reward.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.