Ilum valor farming is pathetic

Boroman

So I had heard something about chests spawning in Ilum to complete some daily and weekly quests out there and decided to go check it out. When I got to the central area where the chests spawn I found about 10-20 people all riding around in a circle trying to be the first one to catch the chest as it spawns. I was amazed at how silly this all was and that people were willing to spend their free time on this. I cannot imagine Bioware envisioned this is what pvp would turn into after rolling out the Ilum changes in 1.1.

But hey to each his own. If you want to run around in a circle for fun be my guest. So next I saw some messages that the Republic had taken control of their base. My thought was i would ride down there and see if there was any fighting to be had. At first I was encouraged because I saw some others on speeders heading in the same direction. Then up ahead I see three republic players standing right before me. Someone else was just in front of me so I expected the carnage to begin.

But no. Instead this player passed right by them without being attacked and veered around the corner out of sight. I hesitated for a second but thought I would go by as well and hope they did not attack. As I round the corner I see a group of empire all standing bunched up together in front of another slightly smaller group of republic. At this point it dawned on me what was going on. As I watch these players who I do not recognize with battlemaster in their title issue a coordinated assault on the Republic (some of whom also have battlemaster in their title). The Republic just stood there and died without a fight.

This is sad and pathetic and demoralizing as a player. These people are going to reach battlemaster in record time, while others (who do not cheat the system) suffer against a growing number of people in battlemaster gear. Congratulations. In the process you will probably cause everyone else who enjoys pvp people to quit the game in frustration.

Bioware solve this problem quickly. It is very simple. Do not give valor for kills in Ilum ever. Allow them to farm for gear with chests and kills since it is capped by the daily and weekly. Leave the valor for the warzones where you can control the rate without this blatant cheating of the system. Also look at your logs you claim to have and roll back valor gained in Ilum.

This is what they designed with their "best pvp team in MMO hystory".. LOL Bioware really are out of their depth in pvp, an while their pve game oks, an fun for a few weeks, the pvp is an insult.

There is no world pvp, entire game is instanced up the ying yang, an everything is controlled. It's no wonder people are dieing for GW2 to come out, when they built the game for RVR an persistent world without instanced everything.

They hired the best in the business!

To be honest I reckon they rushed this game out, they sorted the story quests, which are very good, but the PVP side is a joke. I guess the investors wanted to see some return for their money.

Actually, we make valor farm because it does not have sense to do anything else.

• Are there objectives (forts, towers, etc.) to take? No there are not.
  • Are there siege weapons to buy and use (lasers, machine guns, shield generators, etc? No there are not.
  • Are there points that you can change by pvp abilities, passive stats, etc? No there are not.
  • Do players with more Valor rank give more valor when you kill em? No...
  • Is there any kind of guild PvP ranking or player guild ranking? No man
  • Is there any kind of relic or mystic object which grants your faction with some kind of buff that could be taken or protected? No there is not.
  • Are there any objective that could be claimed by guilds and leveled up, etc? No there are not.
  • Is there a UNIQUE PERSISTENT (NON INSTANCED) OPEN WORLD PVP ZONE? No there is not.

So, Ilum (better said, an instance of Ilum) is the place where you enter, you write "Invite Ilum2", you go to the Republic base (where the Imperial zerg is camping the rebels), you get your dayly mission credit (and more valor if you need it), and then you leave. That is the summary of SWTOR's open PVP (a game of 100+ million dollars!!!!)

BioWare, KICK THE PEOPLE WHO DESIGNED THIS **** OF PVP SYSTEM. Or better, wait until Guild Wars 2 is out to see how things should be done.

Regards.

Edited by erdadi

Actually, we make valor farm because it does not have sense to do anything else.

• Are there siege weapons to buy and use (lasers, machine guns, shield generators, etc? No there are not.
  • Are there points that you can change by pvp abilities, passive stats, etc? No there are not.
  • Is there any kind of relic or mystic object which grants your faction with some kind of buff that could be taken or protected? No there is not.
  • Are there any objective that could be claimed by guilds and leveled up, etc? No there are not.
  • Is there a UNIQUE PERSISTENT (NON INSTANCED) OPEN WORLD PVP ZONE? No there is not.

So, Ilum (better said, an instance of Ilum) is the place where you enter, you write "Invite Ilum2", you go to the Republic base (where the Imperial zerg is camping the rebels), you get your dayly mission credit (and more valor if you need it), and then you leave. That is the summary of SWTOR's open PVP (a game of 100+ million dollars!!!!)

BioWare, KICK THE PEOPLE WHO DESIGNED THIS **** OF PVP SYSTEM. Or better, wait until Guild Wars 2 is out to see how things should be done.

Regards.

So true.

GW2 will show BW how to do open PvP.

Regards.

First of all I agree with almost everything you said except for the first statement. Farming for valor is pointless no matter how broken the system is. First, it is very boring. Second, you have made a goal of getting better gear as fast as you can. What happens after that? If the answer is nothing then why bother? If the answer is fight in the warzone, well why not do that all along to keep it competitive for yourself and others?

This is what they designed with their "best pvp team in MMO hystory".. LOL Bioware really are out of their depth in pvp, an while their pve game oks, an fun for a few weeks, the pvp is an insult.

There is no world pvp, entire game is instanced up the ying yang, an everything is controlled. It's no wonder people are dieing for GW2 to come out, when they built the game for RVR an persistent world without instanced everything.

Did they ever clain they had best pvp team in mmo making this game?If they did then i have to LOL.

I love how everyone praises DAoC for it's PvP and assumes that the Mythic team knows what they're doing. News flash, they don't. They never did. DAoC was a fluke. A lightning strike in the dry, desolate, desert. Will they ever recreate that "success"? No. In fact, DAoC was NEVER a success. The game was merging servers within its first year of launch. Why? Because A) The leveling system sucked and B) They released an expansion that literally ruined the entire game. In fact, they had to create servers that were ToA free just to make up for it and those servers were the most populated ones in the game. After all of those horrible blunders, why in the hell would you think that Mythic knows ANYTHING about writing an MMO, PvP or otherwise. So they got one lucky break. They also managed to screw that lucky break into the ground faster than the rising price of gas.

so... its BW fault that all the players are being D bags?

Wait what? Bioware is encouraging this somehow? No... oh wait, they're DISCOURING it? weird. But its still their fault. Not the players. Im sure no one in GW2 will exploit anything ever. Cause F2P games never attract losers and 9 year olds who exploit their games. They should totally not give valor on Ilum... that would make it better? ... what? If im not getting valor im not freaking going. No comprendo. The lack of conquerable objectives is sad, and will probably be rectified sooner or later.

PVP in 10-49.

Level 50 PVP in SWTOR is the biggest joke I have ever experienced in the history of gaming.

spoken like a true scrub scared of fighting the big boys.

thats like saying "ill stick with junior boxing leagues because the pros spend too much time training and are better than me"

thats like saying "ill stick with junior boxing leagues because the pros spend too much time training and are better than me"

So what your saying is that your awesome ability will allow you to overcome a 20 to 1 ratio?

That's what I thought.

...or wait...is spamming your Revive at Medcenter your version of awesome?!

just an fyi, not every server has this going for it.

Ilum on my server is full of imps trying to zerg the reps but getting demolished because we are better pvpers and play smarter.

also our ratio is 2:1 maybe 3:1

were actually a server that ends up doing rep v rep huttball a lot.

(we actually enjoy it since it gives us a challange)

Edited by Redderic

just an fyi, not every server has this going for it.

Ilum on my server is full of imps trying to zerg the reps but getting demolished because we are better pvpers and play smarter.

Ah!

On my server it's 20 to 1 at best.

First of all I agree with almost everything you said except for the first statement. Farming for valor is pointless no matter how broken the system is. First, it is very boring. Second, you have made a goal of getting better gear as fast as you can. What happens after that? If the answer is nothing then why bother? If the answer is fight in the warzone, well why not do that all along to keep it competitive for yourself and others?

Because the warzones at 50 blow if you're new to 50? What with premades and people who have been 50 for quite some time... it's a hoot dying. Well, that's really only huttball, which is all I ever get to play.

Thanks for the vid. I am no longer motivated or excited about Illum anymore. When I get to level 50, I'll just stick to high end pve raids or just roll a new character and play the 10-49 bracket. That seems to be the only real pvp in the this game.

LOL

Dude, I will laugh so hard if and when you'll have no one to fight against after grinding all that Valor.

I on the other hand, can solo queue and never have to grind for gear in the 10-49 bracket. In fact, I can PVP on 8 different toons and just do the class quests as I level in PVP. I'll experience all the stories, learn all the classes and PVP all day without that stupid expertise stat.

I probably won't even get done before Guild Wars 2; which will have no gear in PVP. 100% skill based competition.

So I had heard something about chests spawning in Ilum to complete some daily and weekly quests out there and decided to go check it out. When I got to the central area where the chests spawn I found about 10-20 people all riding around in a circle trying to be the first one to catch the chest as it spawns. I was amazed at how silly this all was and that people were willing to spend their free time on this. I cannot imagine Bioware envisioned this is what pvp would turn into after rolling out the Ilum changes in 1.1.

But hey to each his own. If you want to run around in a circle for fun be my guest. So next I saw some messages that the Republic had taken control of their base. My thought was i would ride down there and see if there was any fighting to be had. At first I was encouraged because I saw some others on speeders heading in the same direction. Then up ahead I see three republic players standing right before me. Someone else was just in front of me so I expected the carnage to begin.

But no. Instead this player passed right by them without being attacked and veered around the corner out of sight. I hesitated for a second but thought I would go by as well and hope they did not attack. As I round the corner I see a group of empire all standing bunched up together in front of another slightly smaller group of republic. At this point it dawned on me what was going on. As I watch these players who I do not recognize with battlemaster in their title issue a coordinated assault on the Republic (some of whom also have battlemaster in their title). The Republic just stood there and died without a fight.

This is sad and pathetic and demoralizing as a player. These people are going to reach battlemaster in record time, while others (who do not cheat the system) suffer against a growing number of people in battlemaster gear. Congratulations. In the process you will probably cause everyone else who enjoys pvp people to quit the game in frustration.

Bioware solve this problem quickly. It is very simple. Do not give valor for kills in Ilum ever. Allow them to farm for gear with chests and kills since it is capped by the daily and weekly. Leave the valor for the warzones where you can control the rate without this blatant cheating of the system. Also look at your logs you claim to have and roll back valor gained in Ilum.

Hey, at least you get to ride around looking for the chests...

... Republic can't even do that on just about every server.