No, You May Not Roll on Items for Another Class and Strip Out the Mods

CBGB

The reason it's not quoted anywhere is probably because it is irrelevant. I don't care what your percentages are if you play by your rules. If *you* play by mine, you have a minimum 1 in 4 chance of winning the loot, plus whatever anyone else allows you.

You should expect nothing more. That

Are you serious? Setanian you admit your system gives 25% chance of loot for your class while CBGB's system gives 100% But yours is better how?

The chances are the loot is aimed at more than one class, or can be used by more than one class.

Is this really the case? i thought no classes shared primary stats.

Edited by MaxonJaxon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious, Setanian you admit your system gives 25% chance of loot for your class while CBGB's system gives 100% But yours is better how?

Is this really the case? i thought no classes shared primary stats.

Why should anyone expect more than a 1 in 4 chance of getting loot?

Because they can get 100%? Why do people roll on gear at all?

They can get 100% only if the 3 pass it to them.

What you are missing is this;

Not everyone in every group holds to the same rules. So while it may have worked in group 1, group 2 might not. Where is the 100% now?

If I go into the group expecting no more than 25% chance, I never lose. I let the dice decide, not some player who has some other whacky ideas on how I should play.

They can get 100% only if the 3 pass it to them.

What you are missing is this;

Not everyone in every group holds to the same rules. So while it may have worked in group 1, group 2 might not. Where is the 100% now?

If I go into the group expecting no more than 25% chance, I never lose. I let the dice decide, not some player who has some other whacky ideas on how I should play.

Ok so if it is agreed before hand you're ok with CBGB's system? What is this wacky idea you are talking about?

The problem here is you are trying to train track your opinion as the right one. You advocate what you consider as consideration, while the other advocates playing a more fair is fair type game.

You are both entitled to your opinion. But it ends right there. You have no right at all to denounce his opinion as label it selfish, just because, you do not agree with it. And by so doing, you are bringing the wrath upon yourself.

Had you said, fine, you play your way and i'll play mine, it would all be good. However, you went into insult mode and label lend him selfish.

You're right ..that did come out as insulting and I apologise.

Let me rephrase that; it's obvious that I prefer to help others while you prefer to help yourself ;)

Also, if you go thru my posts you'll see that I have said 'fine, play your way' ..this isn't a discussion about whether you can or can't.

Ok so if it is agreed before hand you're ok with CBGB's system? What is this wacky idea you are talking about?

I don't ever play in a group/pug raid where that rule is in effect. I don't see why I should be *told* how to use my roll.

If you or anyone else are happy to define loot rules at the start, that's fine.

I don't ever play in a group/pug raid where that rule is in effect. I don't see why I should be *told* how to use my roll.

What people are failing to grasp is why you wouldn't want to give the loot to the person that would gain the most benefit from it stat-wise, and consider secondary character elements like companions and aesthetics a lower priority. Your position of "because I don't have to, and you can't make me!" is not going to persuade them.

Please don't take this as an insult, but it seems like you are contradicting yourself here.

First you say you don't want to be told how to use the roll. Then you say you're happy to accept loot rules (which basically tells you how to use your roll), Which one is it?

Please don't take this as an insult, but it seems like you are contradicting yourself here.

First you say you don't want to be told how to use the roll. Then you say you're happy to accept loot rules (which basically tells you how to use your roll), Which one is it?

I think you mis-read what I typed..

What people are failing to grasp is why you wouldn't want to give the loot to the person that would gain the most benefit from it stat-wise, and consider secondary character elements like companions and aesthetics a lower priority. Your position of "because I don't have to, and you can't make me!" is not going to persuade them.

Why has my companion got lower priority?

Why do people roll on gear at all?

I don't know. It's so unfair. And anyone who I group with that actually feels entitled enough to ROLL for something, I'm going to report and blacklist and try and get the community to excommunicate for their selfish behavior. It's just gotten so bad and over the top with these loot jawas always trying to scavenge some item under the auspice of "need" when clearly they're just plain greedy the moment they even consider rolling.

I think you mis-read what I typed..

Ok, think I got it after I reread, you don't want to be part of groups that define rules before-hand?

So you prefer low chance of loot for your class vs. high chance, because you don't like rules imposed on you, is that correct?

Does it matter?

What you should be asking is, did *I* contribute. If yes, I decide if my companion needs the loot, not you.

Alright. It's your decision on whether or not you believe your companion needs the loot. Why do they?

again, NO, you go into the group telling people how to roll, I will tell you , NO, you do not make the rules, BW does, if I want it, I roll NEED, if I don't, I roll Greed, if I don't

want it at all, I pass, but you don't make party rules and tell people to leave the group if they don't want to abide by "your" rules, get over yourself, you should be the one leaving

If I can roll on it, it is my right to, I was there, I did my part, there is no ninja involved, only your sore behind because you lost a roll on something you "felt" belonged to you, nothing in this game belongs to you, at all, period

That's exactly my point. But the thing is if 3 agree to abide by the "rules" proposed and you do not, are you really saying THEY should leave? In the case of ONE person wanting those rules, then yes, they should go elsewhere. Just THEY need to bring it up prior so as to avoid drama. Not the people abiding by the system as is.

Alright. It's your decision on whether or not you believe your companion needs the loot. Why do they?

Again, this is none of your concern. Why I roll or what I roll is none of your concern. It never was. The only thing of concern to you is how *you* roll.

Why do people think they get a say in what I do?

You're right ..that did come out as insulting and I apologise.

Let me rephrase that; it's obvious that I prefer to help others while you prefer to help yourself ;)

Also, if you go thru my posts you'll see that I have said 'fine, play your way' ..this isn't a discussion about whether you can or can't.

Except you still are trying to brand me as "helping myself" when i've already stated I do not. And as I stated much earlier in this thread, the number of times i've hit Need in ALL groups i've been in since I started playing this has been 0. But I can still see the system for what it is without my personal opinions of it interfering.

Ok, think I got it after I reread, you don't want to be part of groups that define rules before-hand?

So you prefer low chance of loot for your class vs. high chance, because you don't like rules imposed on you, is that correct?

I prefer fairness. Not someone else dictating to me how I should roll. We already have someone here telling me my companion has lower priority than them.