4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally understood that or your company policy is not give a good service to EU customers, or the European market does not care enough for you.

So i have canceled my suscription. I continue playing during 2 o 3 weeks I have paid and later....

First of all I'd like to point out, that it's me paying you not the other way around. Therefore my feedback can be as much as "this system sucks. Fix it". Negative feedback of this sort is all a company can expect. I don't have to tell you how to fix your game. It's your job to fix it then and come up with ideas, that actually make sense. Which you so far often fail to do.

Second of all you really need to tone down your expectations. From day one you disregard any constructive feedback whatsoever, literally [self-censored] your customers in the face. The rage, insults and rude behaviour is the effect of your doings, so deal with it. Dealing with it by deleting posts and closing threads will only hurt you, as people need to vent their rage somewhere. They'll either unsubscribe or start venting on other forums, which are read not only by your current customers, but also the potential ones. That's how black PR works.

Third of all there is no constructive feedback to give in the subject of the maintenance system. It's obviously and carefully planned to cater your american customers disregarding Europe entirely. Server statistics show, that EU servers are a couple times busier during maintenance hours than the american ones. You could at least have the balls to admit it instead of feeding us with your worthless [self-censored] about "performing maintenance in off-peak hours". There's nothing worse than lying to your customers in the dumbest possible way and expecting them to believe it. We feel like you think we're [self-censored]. We are not. Therefore stop pissing us off with your pathetic lies and admit, that you don't give a flying [self-censored] about your european customers, which are basically half of your playerbase (based on server stat graphs). We'd have a clear view then, unsubscribe and watch your pathetic game crumble to dust while playing something we can actually play whenver we want.

Fourth of all today's maintenance was a bad joke. There are no critical updates in your patchnotes, I can see no fixes like "fixed an exploit, which allowed the attacking side to leave their spawn area before the game begins" or "fixed an exploit, which allowed players to run with the speed of light carrying the ball in huttball games". All I see are quest fixes and some class balancing changes. This could have been done any other day, but you had to pick saturday, which is, for a lot of us, the main part of the week we can play the game.

Last but not least you will not tell me how to give you feedback and I'd strongly advise you (trying to be constructive here) not to control the community on your forums like that, because that will only cause people to create unofficial forums, where they can flame you any time they feel like they need to do it. Accept the fact, that forum is a place you can actually check how the playerbase feels. In case you can't see it alread I'm going to give you a clear message: We're pissed off.

Shame I bought 60 days in advance.

Regards,

Kalantris

This is worth repeating.

Other then proving my point?

They kept to their word, morning to early afternoon isn't considered Prime Time after all, people asked for this. I'm not the one whining about it, I am the one getting much amusement from the whiners though.

Nothing starts a morning like laughter, well that and coffee. It's going to be a good day, and my friend Woody in Canterbury agrees.

It's a SATURDAY, the entire day is prime time. What world do you live in?

First of all I'd like to point out, that it's me paying you not the other way around. Therefore my feedback can be as much as "this system sucks. Fix it". Negative feedback of this sort is all a company can expect. I don't have to tell you how to fix your game. It's your job to fix it then and come up with ideas, that actually make sense. Which you so far often fail to do.

Second of all you really need to tone down your expectations. From day one you disregard any constructive feedback whatsoever, literally [self-censored] your customers in the face. The rage, insults and rude behaviour is the effect of your doings, so deal with it. Dealing with it by deleting posts and closing threads will only hurt you, as people need to vent their rage somewhere. They'll either unsubscribe or start venting on other forums, which are read not only by your current customers, but also the potential ones. That's how black PR works.

Third of all there is no constructive feedback to give in the subject of the maintenance system. It's obviously and carefully planned to cater your american customers disregarding Europe entirely. Server statistics show, that EU servers are a couple times busier during maintenance hours than the american ones. You could at least have the balls to admit it instead of feeding us with your worthless [self-censored] about "performing maintenance in off-peak hours". There's nothing worse than lying to your customers in the dumbest possible way and expecting them to believe it. We feel like you think we're [self-censored]. We are not. Therefore stop pissing us off with your pathetic lies and admit, that you don't give a flying [self-censored] about your european customers, which are basically half of your playerbase (based on server stat graphs). We'd have a clear view then, unsubscribe and watch your pathetic game crumble to dust while playing something we can actually play whenver we want.

Fourth of all today's maintenance was a bad joke. There are no critical updates in your patchnotes, I can see no fixes like "fixed an exploit, which allowed the attacking side to leave their spawn area before the game begins" or "fixed an exploit, which allowed players to run with the speed of light carrying the ball in huttball games". All I see are quest fixes and some class balancing changes. This could have been done any other day, but you had to pick saturday, which is, for a lot of us, the main part of the week we can play the game.

Last but not least you will not tell me how to give you feedback and I'd strongly advise you (trying to be constructive here) not to control the community on your forums like that, because that will only cause people to create unofficial forums, where they can flame you any time they feel like they need to do it. Accept the fact, that forum is a place you can actually check how the playerbase feels. In case you can't see it alread I'm going to give you a clear message: We're pissed off.

Shame I bought 60 days in advance.

Regards,

Kalantris

THANK YOU Kalantris for your beautiful post. It is true and it is words BioWare's TOR team needs to hear.

According to this post http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-january-4-2012

"We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players."

So hows that working out for you?

So far every single patch and maintenance has been 8am onwards.... hardly off peak at all.

Just wondering when this is actually going to happen?

8am to 12 am is off peak.

I finally managed to pursuade a friend from work who is a massive fan of another game to give this one a try. I really hope he didn't buy it yet otherwise I am going to look like an idiot on Monday when I have to explain:

"Yes, they did remove a good chunk of the weekend for pointless maintainence. No, it's not uncommon for them to scre over the european players. Yes, I did recommened you actually paid money for that sort of service. No, I won't make any game suggestions to you again. Sorry."

Other then proving my point?

They kept to their word, morning to early afternoon isn't considered Prime Time after all, people asked for this. I'm not the one whining about it, I am the one getting much amusement from the whiners though.

Nothing starts a morning like laughter, well that and coffee. It's going to be a good day, and my friend Woody in Canterbury agrees.

Saturday mornng is pime time for me, it is where I chose to fit in my mmo game time in my schedule.

Bioware how long can you ignore other timezone's ?

Blizzard Entertainment can do it ? you cant ? why not if i may ask ?

Our servers are hosted in Ireland right ?

So whats the problem here ?

Blizzard has 2 client sofware, 1 of US 1 or EU, and the servers are separated meaning that you can't choose which region you want to play in on 1 client software like SWTOR is. When in comes to patches, if they do the maintenance separately with patches but only 1 client, you would be locked out of your servers because those servers would not have been patched yet, but your client has been because it is 1 client for both regions.

The people that were experiences the disconnect thank the EU players for their sacrifice so that we can all now enjoy a game that does not disconnect to character screen.

Sure we could have waited till Tuesday and all, sure we could have just dealt with being in warzones about to gain our daily win and be booted to character screen. I mean your 5 1/2 hours of playtime in the middle of the day on a Saturday is so much more important than my time.

Again I truly want to thank you guys in the EU, as well as those night owls in the states and the Asian RED ZONE faction players for there loss in game time so that I may play the game the same as you guys.

Sincerely all the people the this disconnect issue.

8am to 12 am is off peak.

On a Saturday? Stop talking rubbish. Weekends are peak times and should never be interrupted. BioWare are total crap at looking after this game they have created. Unless you are American of course, as they are rarely affected by any of the maintenance times.

Edited by Mandrax

My Good man - I actually have no idea. We call it a lie in (pronounced that way) but for all I know it may well be written as lay in.

I dont know.

And you have distracted me from y BW hate. :p

OK, does it mean sexual intercourse? What country are you in, btw? I find it interesting to know the various different ways the different cultures refer to the act of "getting laid."

I love this game. As an EU customer, It doesn't bother me if they take down the servers during the week as most people are/should be at work/school during daytime hours.

However, taking down the servers without warning and extending the maintenance without ETA on a saturday during peak hours in the EU is showing a considerable disregard for European customers.

I really want this game to succeed but this kind of policy makes me want to hit BW in the only place they will take a hint: their wallet.

It's a SATURDAY, the entire day is prime time. What world do you live in?

The real world.

Though it's horribly cold and damp this day. Hopefully the winds don't pick up, would make a nasty gloomy morning more morbid.

Wish someone would tell the rest of the world that Saturday is Prime Time all day, to me it's a work day, or catch up on doing everything I didn't have time to do due to work day and my God why does it only last a few hours when you need more I mean hell I still need to finish laundry and go shopping and it's only the morning and noon will be here in a few hours!

Entitlement leads to nothing.

I love how all the American isolationists keep trash talking EU players that we need to get over it, we need to appreciate fixes, we need to bla bla bla.

First of all, you guys are getting the same patches, at hours that are a lot more suitable. Downtime periods are peak EU play periods.

Second of all, we do appreciate patches and work invested in the game. We only wish we had separate implementation times, since we are the exact opposite of US time-zones, OR that we at least, once in awhile, get a patch time that suits us and not Americans. The game has been launched for almost 2 months now, and since then, ALL patch times were favorable to Americans and not so much Europeans. Once in a blue moon, it would be nice to have it the other way.

And lastly, we pay for a 30 day period. Not 25 days, not 27 days and 4 hours, 30 days. I don't have access to the game on a Tuesday that I'm off work? Fine, but don't bill me for it. It's not that 14.99$ is a lot, but I really REALLY hate paying for something I don't receive. All I (and other EU players ask for) is an apology, a sign of good gesture, anything basically that would make me feel that BW cares about me, as a customer. Give me 1 extra day on my subscription. That would make me nod and smile instead of posting long rants on forums.

And before the arguments even pop up, yes, I work from Monday to Friday (usually I am at work when downtimes happen), I also have collage to attend to, I play chess with friends near a cup of coffee, so yes, I have a life outside SWTOR. That does not mean I am not entitled to being able to log in whenever I so choose.

First off, nationality =/= race.

LOL at those of you trying to equate maintenance windows in an MMO to racism.

Secondly, if you guys can't see that random disconnects to the character screen isn't a serious issue, you are just being selfish. Just because something isn't impacting your gameplay doesn't mean it's not a serious issue.

These threads get more ridiculous every week.

I totally understand how frustrating it must be to lose a couple hours of playtime on a Saturday afternoon. Saturday mornings are a major time for me to play as well and I lost a couple hours too.

Having said that, some of the self-entitlement, rudeness, and arrogance in this thread is heartbreaking to a person like myself who has always looked to Europeans as the more stable, more intelligent, more moderate examples of what many of us Americans should strive to be.

Some of the comments in these maintenance cry threads are very enlightening indeed.