4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=242968

first parragraph what i understand is that tomorrow morning (saturday!) there will be a patch and 4h. downtime?

are we crazy or what? you don't screw EU enough already with weekly maintenance schedule, now you're gonna screw us over half a saturday too?

They love to screw over the EU every time. Bad enough on week days but weekends is really taking the piss.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=242968

first parragraph what i understand is that tomorrow morning (saturday!) there will be a patch and 4h. downtime?

are we crazy or what? you don't screw EU enough already with weekly maintenance schedule, now you're gonna screw us over half a saturday too?

Let me fix this for you:

"Awesome. I know it's a little irritating to have to back off the game for 4 hours in the morning on a Saturday, but this really shows that Bioware is taking complaints and criticisms seriously and taking pains to patch what they can as soon as they can get the patches ready. It'll be a tough, jittery, nerve-racking 4 hours, but I'd rather not have to wait for Monday or Tuesday for whatever fixes are in the patch."

They love to screw over the EU every time. Bad enough on week days but weekends is really taking the piss.

Get over it. They're working within the time period that works best for the majority of their subscribers.

Hopefully, after they get a few maintenances under their belts, they can start doing separate maintenances for your servers.

For critical fixes like exploit patches, don't bet on it.

It's like this in pretty much any MMO that isn't published/run by an EU company.

This can't be news to you.

Let me fix this for you:

"Awesome. I know it's a little irritating to have to back off the game for 4 hours in the morning on a Saturday, but this really shows that Bioware is taking complaints and criticisms seriously and taking pains to patch what they can as soon as they can get the patches ready. It'll be a tough, jittery, nerve-racking 4 hours, but I'd rather not have to wait for Monday or Tuesday for whatever fixes are in the patch."

Yeah, they certainly took the MASSIVE amount of complaints about EU maintenance times seriously.

Oh, wait. They've completely ignored it at all levels.

Uh, tomorrow is not the 31st. Read the date.

"We are working on getting a patch deployed to address various issues and we expect it to deploy in the early hours of the morning tomorrow (CST) and take no longer than four hours. We will update with more details once we get them."

Read the first part...

It's as if the Bioware team that implements patches isn't located in EU time zones and deserves to not have to implement patches at hours inconvenient to themselves and the entire US continent just so EU players don't get butthurt.i

FIFY

Which is very strange considering that the EU servers are located in the Republic of Ireland, in Europe, and are maintained by the local server team, in Ireland, in Europe.

The European customer support is ALSO located in Ireland, Europe.

It's as if BW is just generally stupid in that sense.

Yeah, they certainly took the MASSIVE amount of complaints about EU maintenance times seriously.

Oh, wait. They've completely ignored it at all levels.

Because it's a totally irrational complaint. Dude...they have to pick a time and implement the patches across ALL servers at once. Where do you think the employees doing that are located? Where do they live? Where are the majority of the players? Your whining about the EU mainenance times isn't really well thought out.

I feel bad for the EU guys. I think I would be pissed too if maintenance was going on during the day. And then weekend on top of it but the idea of maintenance is to do it really early in the morning. Which works for us americans great but is total opposite for EU :(

but then weekends is just like..slapping you guys in the face now. oh yeah? RUBBER CHICKEN SLAP!

or a bass. a big fish.